Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,099 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,259 reviews
on January 28, 2012
Loved it for a few days, deadly accurate. Took it on one trip it shorted out, blinking on and off and it's unable to weigh anything because it blinks and off every second. Not the battery, a short somewhere, defective. When it worked it worked beautifully-it's going back.

A follow up to my review here-amazing company, the owner of EatSmart contacted me immediately after seeing this review saying "they would put a tested replacement in the mail Monday" for me. (It was a weekend to boot.) GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

As I said the product worked great but broke, it was just a bad unit, could happen with any purchase. What doesn't happen normally is for a company to reach out to a consumer and fix a problem. I am an EatSmart fan now-they stand behind their products and deliver great customer service -something that is increasingly absent in most of our lives. Buy this scale!
1414 comments| 380 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 25, 2015
While going to back to my country from US, i wanted to be sure I am not carrying more weight so as to avoid unnecessary airline luggage fees. Now measuring those 23Kg bags is always a task, primarily due to weight. I was looking for something which was as much accurate as possible to airline weights and was easy to use. On checking various reviews, we decided to buy this EatSmart. This one uses the CR2032 (hope I got the number right button cell / battery and has an auto shut off function. The build quality is very sturdy and it has to be since it is suppose to handle very heavy luggage. The belt is very strong and buckle is perfect.
I bought this thing back in 2012 and I am still using it (its 2015 as of writing this review) and it is working well. Just ensure that if you do not plan to use it for a long time, remove the battery as if it leaks inside, the product may stop working. I found the weight to be as much close as possible to airline's weight, although those vary by airports I believe.
Also you can switch between Lb and Kg which is highly convenient. In my country, we don't use Lb as a measure much and hence Kg is a savior. I will high recommend buying this one. Don't use your digital bathroom scales to weigh luggage as they are never going to give proper numbers. Use these, you will save a lot on unnecessary fees.
on May 13, 2017
Excellent, the larger grip makes it easy to lift heavy baggage without strain. Very useful when you travel frequently and need to verify the weight of your bags.
on June 8, 2017
Talk about easy, portable, accurate and cost effective. Don't think twice as this is a great deal. I let a friend borrow my previous one for her trip and I never saw it again so I decided to just replace it rather than ruin a friendship. I love this brand.

The light-up screen is cool too.
on January 3, 2014
This scale is easy to use and very accurate. Much easier to use that the luggage scales that my friends have. However, after the first use the strap broke because it wasn't stitched tightly enough to handle the weight of an average filled suitcase (40lbs). My boyfriend stitched it back together with fishing line and it was the perfect fix. However that was after the strap broke while I was on vacation and couldn't use it for the trip home

Shortly after submitting this review I was contacted by the company and offered a replacement....talk about excellent and speedy customer service!! I hadn't contacted them because I thought too much time had passed since my purchase. I am HIGHLY impressed!

Got my replacement item as promised!! EXCELLENT customer service!!! Seems to be working perfectly!!!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2013
Not long ago I flew off to the United Kingdom to spend several weeks with my daughter and granddaughter. Before I left I spent weeks shopping for luggage, packing & repacking, checklists in hand. And then I read the fine print on the luggage allowances . . . .

It used to be that you could set the suitcase on the bathroom scale, but flat scales and wheels on the suitcase have done away with all that, so five days before I was due to catch the plane I realized that I had to do something to weigh the suitcases. Going over your allowed number of pounds by even a single pound can be quite expensive. This EatSmart Precision Voyager Digital Luggage Scale w/ 110 lb. Capacity & SmartGrip was the answer!

This is easy as pie to use: unhook the catch, wrap the straps around the handle of your suitcase, clip the strap shut, push the on button, wait until you see zeros and then lift the piece of luggage off the floor by the handle. The weight displays in seconds. Since you use two hands, I had no problem with my smaller carry-on. I did have to corral my son-in-law to weigh the larger as I am too short to get the thing off the ground. (I could probably pack myself in that suitcase without too much discomfort LOL.)

The directions suggest that you underpack by a pound, then stash the scale in your suitcase. I simply threw it in my pocketbook, where it took up only a minimal amount of space. SO much easier than messing around with the bathroom scale trying to balance the suitcase!

Recommended
on March 27, 2016
There's no good luggage scale out there. The accuracy of the almost all scales available is 1/100 of a lb. Until the weight stops fluctuating, the scale won't beep or lock in the weight. Holding a 50 lb suitcase it is next to impossible to keep your hand steady as a rock - weight will swing by a 0.2 lbs. Therefore you need a second person to read the scale while you lift the suitcase. And worst of all, typically the display is on the side, which obviously you can't read with the suitcase in your hand. This scale has display on the top and accuracy of a 1/10 lb. A lot better than all others, still a little challenge and inconvenient.
on December 13, 2015
After buying this, I seriously wondered why I didn't buy this sooner. We've traveled abroad about 7 times the past 5 years. I finally got this when we went to New Zealand. We were told/read the airline we used is very strict about its luggage size and weight allotment. Of course, we ended up using it a lot more afterwards.

It's easy to travel to one place, buy lots of souvenirs and forget to weigh your luggage before going back home. With this, you divide the weight your bags before leaving so you dont have to do it at the counter at the airport. I believe if you travel with your family with lots of luggages and carry ons, this device will come in very handy.

Lastly, I absolutely love this design with the strap and a big handle. So easy to thread the strap around the handle of a luggage/carry on/ hand bag/ camera bag, lift it up with 2 hands, then read the display. It reads kg and lbs, and shuts itself off after a number of seconds standing by.

Absolutely indispensable for flying.
on June 19, 2014
Scale seems to be pretty accurate, but I'm not a huge fan of the design. Prior to this I used the Balanzza Digital Compact Luggage Scale, and while the weight might have been slightly off at times (I just learned to always leave a buffer of 2-4 pounds, just in case), I loved the design way more. I'm 4'11" and petite, and while I can lift heavy objects with proper grip, the TINY and ANGLED handle on this thing makes it difficult for me to pick it up with two hands (unlike the Balanzza, whose slightly larger and horizontal grip design DOES allow me to pick it up with two hands easily). I've tried to pick it up with two hands, and sometimes I can do it when my luggage isn't too heavy, but whenit's tipping 50 pounds, it can become an issue to try to lift it with my wrists at an angle. (see how the black plastic on the sides are angled, that's not a very conducive position to lift from.)

So while the Balanzza scale was off at times (it may just have been old, or I got a defective one) I prefer just rounding my luggage weight up a couple pounds, than to be UNABLE to even LIFT the dang thing in the first place, as is the case with this scale.
on June 21, 2016
I can honestly say that this luggage scale exceeded my expectations. Purchased it just prior to a recent trip. I'm a 68 yrs old woman with not great strength and was able to weigh the checked bags with no problem. Going or returning was a breeze since it also slipped into a bag easily.
Have seen the type with a hook. Not too reliable. Take the buckle any day. Also, this scale is made to be used with two hands. Although a man could use one hand. By my using both hands I had no problem. Thanks for a great product.