Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 435 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 712 reviews
on April 12, 2017
Trash book.
on March 31, 2017
most people put more thought into the fuel they put in their car than the food they put in their body. if you don't know where your food comes from read this book. JSF does a wonderful job explaining the system of factory farming, a system that is unsustainable for the animals and the humans that consume them. your diet affects your health several animals lives and the future of all life on this planet. make an informed decision.
on March 28, 2017
Excellent book. Easy and interesting read. He has done his research and provides the opinions of all involved in farming, agriculture, factory farming etc.
on February 19, 2017
Caution to the faint-hearted: this book is graphic because it is honest and real. If you prefer to remain ignorant (sarcasm), you may want to avoid it. Besides airing what takes place behind your ground beef, the author does a great job at remaining as unbiased as possible. Offering a lot of accounts from different individuals who work and live in the middle of factory farming, ranging from executives to farmers. I felt so passionate about family owned and operated farm mentioned in the reading, I actually reached out to thank them. This book really pulls at your heart strings with hard to stomach facts. In my opinion, it's disturbing that the majority of people are completely unaware of the contents of this book.
on February 9, 2017
Good Book but you will give up meat
on February 3, 2017
As a lifelong omnivore and lover of hamburgers, pork BBQ, etc. I had dabbled in learning about the meat industry (watched the documentary Food Inc, etc) but never really dove into the gory details of how it really works. I wasn't sure what to expect when I bought Eating Animals, and by the time I had finished the book I was stunned; as bad as you think the animal farming business is, it's much worse. Hundreds of millions of animals lead terrible, cruel, short lives because we like the way that meat tastes, and it brings the details of the how and why behind this to the forefront throughout the book.

It didn't convert me to being a full vegetarian, but it jolted me into drastically revamping my diet; from someone that ate regularly at Burger King and McDonald's to now ordering tofu instead of meat with dishes, eating probably 50-60% less meat overall in a given week and delving into learning which brands of meat are truly and legitimately humanely raised, and then stick with those brands whenever possible. It's hard to think of a single book that has had as big of an impact on a major part of my daily life (eating), and I would highly recommend it to anyone that has ever wondered about the ethics of eating meat but hasn't really explored it in detail.
on January 30, 2017
Love this book so far. only about 20% through it but I've already given up meat happily. It is not written in a manner that is demanding you to give up meat, it just makes it a lot more clear on why it is a good thing to do, for more reasons than one. It is very sad what happens to animals that we eat.
on January 10, 2017
I've bought more than 200 books on Amazon and it's the first time I write a review. This book will change your life and the way you think about you eat. I believe everyone who is the minimum conscious about their health and well-being should read this book. Aside from being neutral, Safran manages to communicate to the reader exactly what is happening. Do you think big corporations care about the consumers well-being? I wouldn't be so sure about it.
on December 28, 2016
As a meat eater this book definitely has me rethinking my diet and where I do my grocery shopping. Great read
on December 26, 2016
Replacement book- I give this book to people. It is a great read, discussing animal welfare without preaching.