Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Eating by Design
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 28, 2013
Excellent packaging and arrived right on time as promised. Very pleased with purchase. Have not finished reading the book, but I know I will and it's enlightening. Thanks Amazon!
on March 20, 2015
The edition is very old
on September 28, 2010
The book was all written in. All the answers filled out. I may buy a better copy & toss this one.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 13, 1998
I found Carrie Latt Wiatt's book lastnight and had to pick it up. I am a sucker for any kind of diet plan or panacea. So I bought it and started to read it right away. Immediately, I felt a sense of relief in reading what I read on each of the different personalities of eaters. Mrs. Wiatt doesn't try to fit everyone into one category because she knows, from years of study, that everyone eats differently and therefore relates and uses food in different manners.
I do hope to be able to use the simple to follow plan she has formulated for my "food personality." Many people have been successful by following Carrie Latt Wiatt's advice and I am inspired to believe I will be successful too!!
I love this book and believe it will help relieve other people who get stressed out by their personal battles with food, weight, body image and the diets that don't work.
This is not a diet book. It is a book that deals with the heart of why we eat the way we do and re-directs our focus on HOW to eat for nourishment and rejuvenation, as well as, complete health and well-being. END
10 people found this helpful
on February 8, 1999
I LOVE THIS BOOK. IT COMES WITH ''POP-OUTS'' THAT HAVE HELPED ME TO ACTUALLY SEE WHAT I'M PUTTING IN MY MOUTH. THE FIRST WEEK I USED THE "POP-OUTS", I FOUND I WAS EATING FROM 500-1000 CALORIES PER DAY(NO WONDER I WAS STEADILY GAINING WEIGHT!). I WAS SURPRISED AT HOW WE LET FOOD MANUFACTURES, RESTAURANTS, AND OURSELVES OVER- INDULGE BY EATING THE WRONG PORTIONS. I NO LONGER SUPERSIZE MY FOOD, AND I TAKE HOME AT LEAST TWO PORTIONS IN A DOGGIE BAG WHEN I EAT OUT. I RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANYONE WHO HAS FORGOTTEN WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO EAT THE CORRECT PORTIONS. THIS BOOK IS FILLED WITH EXCELLENT INSTRUCTIONS. TIPS, AND YUMMY RECIPES. BUY THE WAY, THE SECOND, THIRD, AND FOURTH WEEKS OF USING THE ''POP-OUTS'' (TO RETRAIN MY MIND TO EAT THE CORRECT PORTIONS) I LOST A TOTAL OF 15 POUNDS.
10 people found this helpful
on July 20, 1999
I happened upon this book after my mom bought it and it's been one of the first pieces of comprehensive eating advice I've ever encountered. The author sets you up with tips for how to eat sensibly, and I've become a lot leaner since following her advice. The personality styles thing is a bit corny at first, but the approach is so gentle and effective that it's become my little food bible. Most importantly, the author enables you to make healthy eating second nature in a very enjoyable, uncontrived way.
7 people found this helpful
on June 29, 2009
great book, very useful information, it will take you to a very healthy journey to a better eating and nutrition