Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Eating Italy: A Chef’s Culinary Adventure
Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 11, 2014
I enjoy cooking as much as I do learning and meeting peoples in different places around the world. Italy is one of my favorite places, especially the northern parts. The book Eating Italy is as much about how we become part of a place where we find ourselves, as much as it is about a love story, as much as it is about the wonders of cooking.

If you are just looking for some recipes, you will miss out on the essence of this book. If on the other hand you would like to enjoy a great tale of transformation and love, then you will love this book.

I rated this book 5 stars because of the great story, but more so because cooking is about journeys, love and because when we cook we give a part of ourselves to those who eat our preparations. Life is about journeys and this is one fantastic tale of one of those journeys.
on November 16, 2013
The stories in the book are as good as the recipes. I'm no chef, but I made one the fish dishes for a family party and it turned out awesome. Of the 3 pounds of halibut and 2 pounds of mussels I prepared none remained after dinner. This is a great reading book for even those who don't want to cook anything (even though you totally should!).
on October 14, 2013
Eating Italy was equal parts cooking inspiration, travel guide and love story. I loved all the beautiful imagery throughout the book that really helped you get to know the chef and his food. I can't wait to try my hand at some of the dishes in the book as well as retrace Jeff's steps though Italy!
on October 31, 2013
This is an inspirational story of a chef honing his passion throughout his experiences in Italy. Cookbooks are usually one-sided recipe listings, Eating Italy engages the reader with a history behind the food creations.
on January 18, 2014
My sister loves it. She is planning a trip to Italy and it was a perfect gift for someone who loves to cook but also because the author describes his own adventures in Italy.
on February 9, 2015
If you like to read cookbooks, you will love this one. Equal parts culinary journey, chef's education, love story and recipes this book delights on every level. Some recipes include hard to find ingredients, but are enjoyable to read anyway. Great photography.
on December 30, 2016
PERFECT
on May 21, 2015
Awesome book with great insight on regional Italian cuisine, as a chef this is perfect!
on November 6, 2015
Fantastic food. Beautiful book
on October 5, 2014
This is a sophisticated cook book with a tremendous variety of menu ideas - probably exceeds my capacity to replicate them successfully. Simple Italian food is my comfort food.