Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 342 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 497 reviews
on August 24, 2015
My wife and I have been trying to thread the needle between eating healthy and avoiding meals that were 99% leaf, and that's tricky with a picky eater involved (me). Eating Well has been a great resource to find meals and then tweak them to fit our eating habits. I went with Eating Well based on a very good review average, and what many others like about it I have to echo. What makes it better than other 'meal mags' we've tried is that it's utilized very well to deliver lots of meal ideas instead of being 30% content and 70% ads. Each issue has a wide variety of meals, to the extent we've found mix and match ideas between 2 or 3 meals shown.
on March 11, 2015
I didn't expect to love this magazine as much as I do. The recipes are absolutely fantastic. They include ingredient lists and comprehensive nutrition information for each one. This makes it effortless for me to decide if I want to try one. The best thing about this magazine is that it isn't like the other "healthy eating" magazines insofar as this isn't about eating less calories or less fat or less carbs or less whatever diet experts are currently pushing. It's about eating well--using produce that is in season now, having a well-balanced diet, trying new things that can help with digestion, etc. I can't recommend it strongly enough.
on January 4, 2014
I originally ordered this magazine from their website. I got a renewal notice saying my last issue was Nov/Dec. I checked my records plus my account on their site and it showed my first issue was the Mar/Apr one which meant my last issue would be Jan/Feb. I contacted them by email and it took them about a month to answer. They were sorry for the mistake & corrected my expiration date. I'll see if I get a Jan/Feb issue. I just reordered for 2 years through Amazon because it is much cheaper and I love the healthy recipes. I usually take Eating Well's recipe and customize it to my own taste.
on March 9, 2014
I should have listened to the other reviews. It isn't for Kindle. Just like someone else's review had stated; the type is too small and when you stretch it out to enlarge it on the Kindle screen, you have to slide the whole magazine left and right to read the rest of the type.
on May 2, 2014
Does anyone else remember Whole Living? It was a Martha Stewart Omnimedia publication and it was really fantastic. This magazine reminds me of it, but the photos aren't as nice and this magazine is missing that special something that pulls me. The recipes look good and I'll continue to read it when I have the time - it's just not one of those magazines I'll look forward to receiving and I probably won't be reading it cover to cover like I did with Whole Living, and how I currently read Martha Stewart Living and Sunset.
on December 30, 2014
I absolutely love this magazine. It has recipes I actually want to make (and do make), along with the nutrition information so I know what I'm eating. The recipes follow seasonal ingredients, and are quite delicious. I got a peanut butter & jelly smoothie recipe from there that is the only way I have ever gotten my husband to eat tofu or blueberries. Their recipes are diverse enough that every issue offers recipes for those who prefer meat, chicken, fish, tofu, eggs, fruit, everything. The articles are interesting and informative. Their photography is vivid, colorful, and eye-catching.
on July 4, 2013
I enjoy reading cooking magazines, and this is one of my favorites. I like the articles and the variety of recipes. Everyone in my household likes different foods so I'm always trying new things. Although I don't often follow recipes exactly, I get tons of ideas from magazines like this.

Eating well has a great recipe index in front so it's easy to find what I'm looking for. Since I prefer to eat meatless, I appreciate the "vegetarian" section, but there's plenty of fish and meat recipes too. I can't say every recipe is wonderful, but there are many to choose from and I always find several I like. The desserts are very creative and all the recipes focus on what's in season.

The articles are well selected and written. This month's articles included a review of the "fast diet", the run down on energy drinks, a story of a man preserving heirloom beans, and an article pointing out some ways to vary the grains in your diet. There were several others as well.

This is a great magazine for foodies, weight watchers or anyone who enjoys a good food magazine.
on December 16, 2013
I've given this magazine as a gift to my mother for two years. She loves it. My sister read through it in a recent visit and she has also requested a subscription. I do not have a subscription but from what I can tell glancing through it at my moms it contains lots of delicious recipes and all geared to eating smarter, healthier and easy meal preparations. I also love the layout. It's easy to get through and grasp quick ideas or delve into deeply the entire month. This is published every two months. You can't beat the price of $5/year. highly recommend if trying to eat smarter, healthier and happier
on August 30, 2015
This is the worst magazine I've ever subscribe to. I made a huge mistake canceling my food network subscription for the eating well subscription. The recipes in this magazine are ridiculous. Every recipe includes exotic & expensive ingredients. All of the recipes are very time-consuming to prepare. The only person I can see that would get benefit from the recipes in this magazine, would be a celebrity who has a private chef that is trying to live a very "earthy" lifestyle. I canceled my subscription but not soon enough.
I've subscribed to Cooking Light for several years, but found that it has declined over the years: excessive advertising, too many non-cooking-related articles, too many recipes that weren't particularly "light".

Amazon had a good deal on Eating Well, and so I decided to give it a shot. I expect that I will not subscribe to Cooking Light again because Eating Well seems to be much more focused on healthy recipes, organizes the nutritional information very well (I love that the table of contents includes a list of all the recipes WITH their nutritional information), and seems to have much less fluff interrupting the food articles and recipes.

Which magazine is a better choice for you? It may come down to personal preference (for example, you may like the numerous exercise-related articles in Cooking Light). However, I encourage you to take a look at an issue of Eating Well and see for yourself...this could become your favorite healthy recipe magazine.