Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 23, 2011
This has got to be the worst eBay tutorial guide I have ever read. It took me under an hour to read the entire thing thoroughly. Skimming parts that were repeated.

I'll start off with the cons:

-There are no listed chapters. From the very beginning where it says "Introduction" up to the final page, there is no page break of any sort that says "okay we're moving on to a new discussion", other than something very brief that is underlined that says something like "<u>Selling</u>".

-The actual introduction takes up the first 10% of the book or so if I remember correctly.

-Once the tutorial is finally finished, you read another multiple pages learning the EASIEST information: how to register an eBay account. I mean honestly, you'd have to be an idiot and very illiterate to not know how to register for a website. If you're on Amazon writing reviews, you can sign up for eBay without a tutorial.

-The tips and tricks you learn after all the other trash, you learn repeatedly throughout the rest of the book! There's barely any variation.

-Typos. The author specifies how important it is not to make typos in your eBay listings, yet he spells collectibles as "collectables" and makes mistakes FREQUENTLY throughout the book. Plenty of mis-key spellings too, such as "you" when he meant to type "your" or "your" instead of "you're".

Now on to the very few pros:

-Teaches you some valuable categories to start seeking your selling niche. He explains wholesaling pretty well, but doesn't really explain how drop-shipping can play into it.

-Gave me something to read.

-No screen errors on my Kindle.

I don't know why so many people have written positive reviews about this load of junk. Please, take my review into consideration before you buy this book. You can find most of this information on eBay's forums and guides for free. Save your $5 and buy a novel or something that will at least keep your attention.
on March 11, 2011
This "book" should really be considered a pamphlet. It is very elementary in it's information, mostly referring the reader to ebay and telling them what is possible rather than how to do. It is repetitious and riddled with errors. Not worth the $4.95 I paid for it. I do not recommend.
2 people found this helpful
on July 15, 2011
Save your money. Finished this in less than 1 hour. I guess it would be OK if you were new to Ebay, even then you could get all the same info on the Ebay page.
on March 15, 2011
I thought I knew everything there was to know regarding selling on Ebay. I was wrong. This book, "Ebay for SmartAsses" is such a well detailed and well written book on every aspect of the ins and outs of Ebay. If you are new to selling on Ebay or a power seller on Ebay, you will find out more tricks to making more by selling on Ebay. It is such a comphrehensive guide. I love it.
2 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2011
I've experienced downfall in my career in Ebay. At first I thought my business in Ebay will continue to grow and earn more profits, but time came when I didn't notice that I have no funds anymore due to expenses. It was like starting all over again. I search for an effective tool and advice on how to build a better business in Ebay. A friend of mine introduced this best seller book (Ebay Power Selling Guide) which he found here in Amazon, I carefully read each line and follow some tips that I could apply in my business. Now, I can say that my business became much stronger than before.
on January 21, 2011
I've been a seller on Ebay for 5+ years and have made a little bit of money here and there. However, with the loss of an income in my household, I had to find a way to supplement and that's when I came across this book. I have learned so many great tips and techniques on ways to stand out to buyers and maximize my profit. I highly recommend this book to anyone new or old to Ebay and who wants to make money!!
4 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2011
Even if you are an experienced seller on Ebay you will find revolutionary ideas about marketing your products. If you are a beginner, this will be your go to guide for success. It teaches the best payment options to offer your buyers and well as creative ways to title your product, ensuring that you get the most attention. Great way to increase your earnings.
on January 21, 2011
I am a seller on ebay, but this book gave me some great guidelines on how to create better auctions and on how to potentially have more options to make more money on ebay. Easy to understand! I definitely think that this book will be great help to you in your ebay ventures.
on March 15, 2011
Getting started on Ebay can be confusing and overwhelming. Ebay for SmartAsses takes you step-by-step from set up through expansion to make your experience with Ebay both fun and profitable.
on March 16, 2011
As a person who has a lot of stuff around my house that seems to be just sitting around my house, I was in need to figure out a way to find a way to sell all this stuff. I decided to purchase this book after reading the positive reviews on it and am I glad I did. This book has given me so many valuable pointers on setting up my Ebay account and startig selling with no problem. Highly recommended book.