Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 9,606 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10,710 reviews
on October 22, 2015
I had a NDE after a serious motorcycle accident when I was 33 years old - I'm now 70! The experience will always be with me! Our Creators name is LOVE!!! Sometimes when I tell my story, the reactions are good and sometimes people just think the brain is reacting to the death process! I only wish I had the ability to express in words what took place, however, I now realize, that words can never express the LOVE that that I felt and the removal of all hate! Hate does not live in that realm, and can never live there! To feel totally immersed in LOVE, cannot be put into the languages of this world - I've tried and failed. I will tell you this much - all religions fail - ALL. Our creator is so far beyond this nonsense that I can't even put it in words! All I know is that I will always LOVE my creator, OM, or what ever name you want to use! I really stopped caring if people believed me or not, however, when they want to know what I experienced - I'm always happy to tell them what happened to me - as best I can - with the limitations that language can express! What a great book! Thanks to you Doctor; now others may understand what I went through! Rather you are a believer or not, Religious or Attheist, Agnostic, or what ever you are, at the very least you will come away with questions, that will at least make you wonder!!! I actually feel blessed that my Creator had me go through this in my Life - as painful as it was! It really made me look at Life in a much different way! Sorry for going on and on, but, I really appreciated this book, especially from a neurosurgeon! All I know is; that to me it was no dream! This was so different that I know it will be with me until I return to my Creator. What an experience! I thought my life was over at age 33, however, he/she, Creator, OM, Love, Truth, has shown me what Life really is! I hope all, and I mean all find what I found! Maybe, just maybe, this world or realm we live in would become a better place!
22 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2017
I am thinking of so many people who are dear to me who need this book. My hope is that the great majority will accept my invitation to read it. I hope they will not reject that opportunity. If they do read it, it will touch their spiritual selves...the very part of them which science has largely succeeded in convincing them does not exist. The unique perspective of this particular author is of great importance in both having had the experience and in the telling of it. That was not an accident.
on March 9, 2017
Ever wonder if there really is life after death? Ever doubted yourself? Well then, this book is for you — especially those of you who believe science is the end all and be all of this world. We are loved. There is a God. And we will never be separated completely from Him. Sit down. Put your feet up. And take a journey into reality.
on April 18, 2017
This book helps solidify the belief of life after death but also clearly sends a message, we are loved. Summed up in one word, this book is "comforting".
on May 11, 2017
Book arrived on time. no worries. good read. very interesting to read about the after life experiences of a scientist. Gives you a lot to consider. If this Doctor is completely convinced by what he experienced, then we should all pause and consider the possibility that there is a purpose to everyone's life and that we really do have souls. Each and everyone of us. Animals too.
on April 8, 2015
I have read every book on Near Death Experiences I could get my hands on since I was a teen. I am in my 50's and this is the most clear account of coma-related awareness and in depth near death descriptions I have read. I will easily say this book in no way conflicts any other books I have read on this subject, and actually seems to build upon, and strengthen the accounts I have explored throughout my life. My mother who is 91 and has a masters degree in theology was very taken by this author's depiction and presentation style, and felt it was an excellent book. She is fully lucid and handles her own affairs, and has a deep spiritual understanding she has pursued her entire adult life. I enjoyed the ease of reading his account, but felt very motivated to look deeper into the scientific aspects as I have a BA in chemistry and a BS in biology. None of my explorations discounted his testimony, and I think we should all read this book as it gives us a reason to search for a higher level of consciousness.
on January 24, 2014
My siblings and I lost both of our parents in the latter part of 2013. One of my sisters (G) had been heavily involved with the care of both parents. G is an exceptional occupational therapist with years of experience treating patients and running two clinics. She asked me to read this book and get back to her. (We live at a distance of 2000 miles from each other.) Amazon.com got the book to me in two days and I read it immediately -- but I read all the nay-sayers first. I don't think any of them made a convincing case to dispute what was written in this book.I have a strong academic background (two Masters and a PhD) and have been a professor of critical thinking courses for 30 years. I looked for all of the named faults as I read the book. Narcissism I did not find. A human being with flaws (yes! we all have them) and even the best doctors have made mistakes and have also been the victims of malpractice suits. The narrative which included information about Dr. Alexander's two families and his friends grounded the subject of the book well. It brought it "down to earth". Finally, I am a Christian and found nothing offensive in the book, including the use of the term OM. I am glad my sister asked me to read this book. I've suggested that she journal all of her feelings related to what she experienced as our parents died as well as how this book has helped her come to terms with all she experienced. I also recommended that she read more on the subject as suggested in the book itself and its list of resources. And I will follow my own suggestions as I prepare for the trip home for the internment of ashes on March 1 -- the date of my parents' wedding anniversary .
on February 6, 2017
Never before have I read a book that so soundly puts to words all the proof of our true lives on earth, in heaven and the reality of who we are. This is by far one of the best books I've ever read. I can't wait to meet Dr. Alexander in person.
on July 20, 2016
This is an utterly riveting account. I first purchased this as a Kindle book back when it was released, but have just purchased the physical book as well, so that I can lend it out.

Dr. Alexander's story will inspire not only faith that there is an afterlife, but questions about the very nature of life itself. How, for example, can there be a terrestrial world with terrestrial creatures, such as the girl on the butterfly wing? What about sound? Visuals? Aren't these phenomena that require eyes and ears to apprehend? Or, is it consciousness - both centered in the body and outside of it - that produces these experiences?

(To supplement your reading: Esquire magazine published an article purporting to "debunk" Dr. Alexander's truthful account of his experience. Be sure and do a web search of IANDS (the International Association for Near Death Studies's statement on that article. It debunks the debunker.)
on October 14, 2014
A useful addition to the NDE literature. Like all the other books on this subject, this one does not prove there is life after death. However, it does show that there is a huge amount we don't know about the brain and consciousness. Anything that helps us wake up to that fact is a good thing, in my view.

I applaud Dr. Alexander for his courage in publicly recounting his experience, and thereby helping to move the field of noetic science further forward. I also highly recommend Dr. Charles Tart's review of the book. He has done vast amounts of research in this and related fields--the "forbidden" areas beyond mainstream neuroscience.

here is the link to Dr. Tart's review of the book

Esquire Magazine's article bashing Dr Alexander thoroughly distorts the facts: regarding Eben Alexander's reported experience, regarding witness statements, and even regarding His Holiness the Dalai Lama's statements. For their own gain, the Esquire editors have trashed Dr. Eben Alexander's reputation.
Score one for "scientific" dogmatism...

Here is the link to Esquire Magazine's unwarranted attack upon the book and its author