Enjoy fast, FREE delivery, exclusive deals and award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime
Try Prime and start saving today with Fast, FREE Delivery
Save when you buy pre-owned devices
Echo (4th Gen) | With premium sound, smart home hub, and Alexa | Charcoal
- Free returns are available for the shipping address you chose. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges
- Learn more about free returns.
Purchase options and add-ons
- PREMIUM SOUND – Rich, detailed sound that automatically adapts to any room. Supports lossless HD audio available on select streaming services such as Amazon Music HD.
- VOICE CONTROL YOUR MUSIC – Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more. HD requires a compatible music streaming service.
- SMART HOME HUB – Built-in hub to voice control compatible lights, locks, and sensors. Easily set up compatible Zigbee and Matter devices or select Ring Smart Lighting solar lights and bulbs.
- ALEXA IS READY TO HELP – Set timers, reminders, and alarms. Alexa answers questions like "Alexa, what time is it?"
- START YOUR ROUTINES WITH MOTION – Turn on compatible lights, play your Flash Briefing, or turn on the coffee maker when you walk into the room.
- FILL YOUR HOME WITH SOUND – With multi-room music, play synchronized music across Echo devices in different rooms. You can also pair your Echo with compatible Fire TV devices to feel scenes come to life with home theater audio, or extend wifi coverage with a compatible eero network so you can say goodbye to drop-offs and buffering.
- CONNECT WITH OTHERS HANDS-FREE – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device. Instantly drop in on other rooms or announce to the whole house that dinner's ready.
- PRIVACY CONTROLS – Designed to protect your privacy – Amazon is not in the business of selling your personal information to others. Built with multiple layers of privacy controls including a mic off button.
We want you to know:
HD music requires a compatible streaming music service, including an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription.
eero Built-in – add up to 1,000 sq ft of wifi coverage to a compatible eero network.
Smart home devices for youExplore best-selling devices that work with Alexa
More music in more rooms
Use your voice to play a song, artist, or genre through Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others. With multi-room music, you can fill your whole home with music, radio stations, podcasts, and Audible using compatible Echo devices in different rooms. You can even pair your Echo with compatible Fire TV devices to feel scenes come to life with home theater audio.
Designed to protect your privacy
Alexa and Echo devices are built with multiple layers of privacy protection. Echo smart speakers have a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones. You also have control over your voice recordings and can view, hear, or delete them at any time. Alexa uses ultrasound motion detection with select features, such as Occupancy Routines. Ultrasound does not emit on your device unless a feature is enabled that uses motion detection to properly function. You can turn motion detection off at any time. Learn more about motion detection.
Simple to set up and use
1. Plug in Echo and connect to the internet with the Alexa app.
2. Just ask Alexa for music, weather, news, and more.
3. For simple setup with compatible smart home devices, say, “Alexa, discover my devices.”
Every day is an earth day
You don’t have to be an environmental scientist to make sustainable choices. We considered sustainability in the design of this device. Here’s how:
50% post-consumer recycled plastics
100% post-consumer recycled fabric
100% recycled die-cast aluminum
Device, cable and adapter included
Amazon is building new wind and solar farms to produce clean energy equivalent to the electricity used by this device.
Low Power Mode
To reduce its energy consumption, this device will enter Low Power Mode when it is idle. Low Power Mode is not available for certain user configurations. To learn more, see Low Power Mode Restrictions.
Understand the energy usage of select Echo and Alexa-connected devices with the energy dashboard in the Alexa app. Learn more here.
Compare Echo devices
|Price||From: -||From: -||From: $74.99||From: $199.99|
|Alexa built in|
|Speakers||1.6" speaker||1.6" front-firing speaker||3.0" woofer and dual front-firing 0.8" tweeters||1.0" tweeter, three 2.0" mid-range speakers, and 5.3" woofer|
|Line in/out||3.5 mm line out||3.5 mm line out||3.5 mm line in/out||3.5 mm or mini-optical Toslink line in|
|Dolby technology||Dolby audio||Dolby Atmos|
|Built-in Zigbee smart home hub|
|LED clock display||Featured on Echo Dot with clock|
Echo (4th Gen)
5.7” x 5.7” x 5.2” (144 x 144 x 133 mm)
34.2 oz (970 g) Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process.
Dual-band wifi supports 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) networks. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) wifi networks.
A shared network that helps compatible devices work better at home and beyond the front door. If wifi is lost, Sidewalk enables certain devices to stay connected. Also, Sidewalk helps devices like water sprinklers and pet locators work over longer distances. Sidewalk uses a small portion of your internet b