Already traded in?
Use your Amazon Gift Card and bonus 25% off on any of these current generation Echo devices.
Add Alexa to your existing speakers
Just looking to add voice control to your existing speakers? Echo Input connects to speakers through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm audio cable so you can voice control your music with Alexa.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Amazon Trade-In program?
The Amazon Trade-In program allows customers to receive an Amazon.com Gift Card in exchange for thousands of eligible items including video games, Kindle E-readers, books, and more. The process is easy and convenient with an immediate offer and free shipping.
What Echo devices are eligible to be traded in?
You can trade in: Echo (1st Generation), Echo (2nd Generation), Echo Spot, Amazon Tap, Echo Dot Kids Edition, Echo Dot (2nd Generation), and Echo Show (1st Generation). Echo Plus (1st Generation) is not eligible to be traded at this time. See the full list you can trade in here.
What Echo devices are eligible to be upgraded to?
You can upgrade to Echo, Echo Spot, Echo Dot Kids Edition, all-new Echo Dot, all-new Echo Show, or all-new Echo Plus. See the list of eligible devices above under "Already traded in?" Other Echo devices are not eligible to be upgraded to at this time.
How long will it take to receive payment once I trade in my item?
Depending on your location, trade-in items may take up to 10 business days to arrive before they are processed. The packages you sent can be tracked anytime in Your Trade-In Account.
Once your item is received and appraised, you'll receive an e-mail notification within 2 business days informing you whether your items were accepted or rejected. You can find the status of your trade-in anytime in Your Trade-In Account. Once your trade-in value has been paid, you'll see the amount when viewing your gift card balance.
What condition do my items need to be in?
In general, all items you wish to trade in must match the exact version displayed in the Trade-In search results or on the product page on Amazon.com. You can find the full condition descriptions by visiting our Product Eligibility Criteria page.
Are there any shipping or other fees?
When submitting a trade-in, customers will print a free pre-paid shipping label for sending in all items. There are no fees. If a trade-in item is not accepted and is returned, there is no cost for return shipping.
What do I do if I lost my shipping label?
You can re-print a shipping label by going to Your Trade-In Account and clicking the Print Shipping Label button on the trade-in order. If you have multiple packages or other shipping questions, check out our Packing and Shipping Instructions.
Can I use the Amazon App to trade in my items?
Yes, you can use the Amazon App on both Android and iOS phones to trade in. Simply open the app and scan or search for your items. Trade-In eligible items will have a Trade-In button on the product pages.
Can I trade in an item that isn't listed in the Trade-In Store?
If your item is not listed in the Trade-In Store, then we currently do not have an offer for it. However the Trade-In program is constantly updated with new items, so check back regularly.
Do you guarantee the trade-in value listed on your website?
Yes, if your trade-in is postmarked within 14 calendar days of submission and the item meets or exceeds the product eligibility criteria.
Who do I contact with questions about my trade-in?
The most recent status of your trade-in is available online anytime in Your Trade-In Account. If you need help submitting the items you want to trade in, you can contact Amazon Customer Service via phone, chat, or e-mail by clicking the Contact Us button on any Help page.
You can find full program details by visiting our Amazon Trade-In Program Terms & Conditions page.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a limited time promotion. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Qualifying trade-ins must be completed by 8:59 a.m. (Pacific time) March 29th, 2019 and sent to us within 14 days from trade-in submission.
- Trade-in eligible speakers, Echo devices and Amazon Tap devices will be reviewed in accordance with the Amazon Trade-In Program Terms and Conditions and any applicable Condition Criteria. You will be eligible for an Amazon.com Gift Card and the bonus 25% off savings only if your trade-in item is accepted.
- Once your speaker, Echo device, or Amazon Tap device trade-in is accepted, you can place an All-new Echo Dot, Echo, Echo Spot, Echo Kids Edition, All-new Echo Show, or All-new Echo Plus in your cart and the bonus savings will be automatically applied at checkout. The bonus 25% off savings will expire at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on May 31st, 2019.
- If you selected Instant Payment and you cancel the trade-in, your trade-in is not received within 35 days, or the item you submitted for trade-in was rejected, you authorize us to first deduct any charges from your Trade-In Amazon.com Gift Card, with any remaining balance charged to your credit card on file.
- If you selected Instant Payment and received a 25% promotional credit toward the purchase of a new Amazon device and you cancel the trade-in, your trade-in is not received within 35 calendar days, or your trade-in is rejected, then you authorize us to charge your payment method for the amount of the promotional credit used.
- The bonus 25% off savings can be used only toward the purchase of All-new Echo Dot, Echo, Echo Spot, Echo Kids Edition, All-new Echo Show, or All-new Echo Plus that are shipped and sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC and does not apply to other digital products, used products, or products sold by sellers other than Amazon Digital Services LLC.
- The bonus savings may be used only once and may not be combined with other offers. The bonus savings may be combined with an Amazon.com Gift Card value, including any Amazon.com Gift Card value you receive from your trade-in.
- Offer is limited to one per customer and account.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- If any of the products related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Trade-In restrictions apply. See Trade-In Terms and Conditions.
- Gift Card restrictions apply. See Amazon.com Gift Card Terms and Conditions.
- If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.