- Series: Clarendon Paperbacks
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: Clarendon Press; Revised edition (September 14, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0198150350
- ISBN-13: 978-0198150350
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 0.8 x 5.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #870,913 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Virgil Eclogues with an Introduction and Commentary by Wendell Clausen (Clarendon Paperbacks) Revised Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Clausen covers a range of topics....The reader will discover a treasure of fascinating and informative observations. Best of all, this long awaited book gives students and scholars alike the opportunity to encounter Vergil's Eclogues through the eyes of one of the finest American Latinists of this century. Regarding Vergil's Arcadia Clausen states: `Rarely, if ever, can a poetic act be explained satisfactorily...' In reading this commentary, I have been satisfied."--Bryn Mawr Classical Review
About the Author
Wendell Clausen is at Harvard University.