Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Eco-Friendly Blue Ray Case?! Now they've gone too far!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2010, 10:53:26 AM PDT
Germs says:
Okay, I just picked up my copy of Avatar today during my lunch break at work. I opened it up to find out that the Blue Ray copy, yes, the blue ray, came in one of those cheap "Eco-Friendly" cases that offer next to no protection for the disc. Yes, it has the stupid holes cut in the middle of the case right where the disc needs the most protection. I mean, Blue Ray cases are already smaller than DVD cases and already use half the plastic. There was no reason to sacrifice protection for the disc just to give the tree huggers an orgasm! I am really getting sick of these; if it continues to go in this direction, 10 years from now, we will buy all our movies in bio-degradable cardboard sleeves.

Posted on Apr 22, 2010, 12:22:23 PM PDT
M. Barnhill says:
"10 years from now, we will buy all our movies in bio-degradable cardboard sleeves."

let's hope!

Posted on Apr 22, 2010, 12:31:01 PM PDT
Minnie102001 says:
Save the polar bears!

Posted on Apr 22, 2010, 4:55:40 PM PDT
M. Knight says:
In 10 years everything is going to be downloadable. I read about this you'll have a miniture hardrive and insert it into a machine that will load a movie onto it. Im not to keen on it but whatever will see how it gos it'll save alot of trees I guess???

Posted on May 1, 2010, 2:41:42 AM PDT
Wouldn't it be kind of hypocritical for Avatar, a movie about saving the environment that was released on earth day, to not have the eco-friendly cases?

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2010, 11:55:26 PM PDT
I guess protecting your blu-ray disc > protecting the planet. <shaking head>

Posted on May 2, 2010, 12:10:12 AM PDT
C. Harmon says:
All video discs and music discs should be packaged in minature sleeves with soft inner sleeves to prevent abrasions. I have large music and movie collections, and storage is a nightmare.

Posted on May 4, 2010, 12:53:06 PM PDT
I HATE eco friendly packaging for something like DVD's and BluRay and CD, those are permanent documents and should have something sturdy and protective to keep them damage free for many years. Your laundry detergent is fine in a cardboard box, but not your media!

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010, 6:16:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2010, 6:16:51 AM PDT
cowboydude99 says:
@Henry Kwong-

HA HA, nicely done!

Posted on May 5, 2010, 11:04:02 AM PDT
John Lemon says:
What are you doing with your movies that you need major protection for them?

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010, 2:28:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2010, 2:31:26 PM PDT
LOL. I'm not doing anything to them. But everytime you take it out or store it your rubbing against paper and it wears out. A plastic "jewel case" does just that, protects the media jewels I have collected. From dust and dropping. And if the case breaks, then put the disk and artwork in a new one. Recycle the broken plastic.

I just hate eco friendly packaging and digipaks. Mini LP sleeves look ok, but they wear out too.

Posted on May 5, 2010, 4:24:31 PM PDT
John says:
I love digipacks. They look much cooler and have better artwork. I also like the recyclable/biodegradable cardboard and paperfoam CD cases some record labels have employed, particularly with remasters and compilation sets. The only thing I don't like about those is the lack of liner notes. You have to go online to read them.

Posted on May 5, 2010, 7:15:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2010, 7:16:17 PM PDT
Michael says:
The cases for the dvd version of Avatar were made from recycled materials anyway like a lot of dvd and video game releases that came out recently. The eco-friendly packaging pisses me off because of the fact that the disc(s) can get scratched just from being in the packaging itself. It's not that we want companies to stop making these eco-friendly pieces of crap because we don't want to be eco-friendly. These are products that we're investing our hard earned money on. Is wanting to protect our investments and keeping them damage-free so bad?

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2010, 8:34:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 9, 2010, 8:35:05 PM PDT
H S Marks says:
Buy flight cases and supplies of paper sleeves (dump the rubbish that comes inside the flight case just use the space)
the kind of paper sleeves that have a window on one side. You will be amazed what once took entire shelves becomes
so space friendly and you can flip thru them like old 45rpm singles.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2010
Latest post:  May 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Avatar (2009) by Sam Worthington (DVD)
4.7 out of 5 stars (7,133)