- Publisher: Vintage Canada (2012-04-17) (1656)
- ASIN: B00D81WRYA
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.59 shipping
Ecoholic Body: Your Ultimate Earth-Friendly Guide to Living Healthy and Looking Good by Adria Vasil (April 17 2012) Paperback – 1656
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even if you're not all that concerned about toxins or chemicals, there really is something for everyone in Ecoholic Body. Sections on health and natural health products offer up new solutions for what ails you. Or you may be surprised to learn just how harmful the production of our clothing and jewellery is to the planet. There's a section on Kids & Babies which sheds light on some of the more harmful products available for kids. I don't have children, but I saw many items that my friends use regularly for their children on the bad list! The helpful Resources section demystifies labels and symbols, explains the differences in plastics and offers a great list of enviro-friendly stores and websites. And one of my favourite things about the Ecoholic books are the well researched lists of products that have been tested and rated by the Ecoholic crew. This is a huge time (and money) saver if you're looking to adapt some of these products into your life!
With so much great information in one book, I could go on for days about all the fascinating things I learned. But for the sake of brevity, here are a few things that fascinated me:
- Feverfew - an organic supplement that is reported to equal the best medical treatments - may help sufferers of debilitating migraines.
- Did you know that Formaldehyde (a known carcinogen!) is used to make our clothes "wrinkle free"? Ew!
- Do your kids wear those cute (and cheap) plastic sandals? Be aware they could be leaching chemicals into their bare skin!
- For Ecoholic advice on a regular basis be sure to check out the Ecoholic Blog!
Ecoholic Body is the third book in Adria Vasil's Ecoholic series, and for those of you who are serious about what you put in and on your body, this entertaining and easy to read book has all your options covered.