|Item Weight||15 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||23.2 x 0.4 x 23.2 inches|
|Item model number||0603|
|Amperage Capacity||3 A|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Switch Style||Toggle switch|
|Usage||Indoor use only|
|Warranty Description||3 year against defects|
Econo-Heat 0603 E-Heater, White
|Price:||$79.99 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$30.95||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Homegoods Shop||Amazon.com||Tempus & Co.||Amazon.com||Three-Fifteen.Inc||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||0.4 x 23.25 x 23.25 in||13.25 x 4.75 x 18.14 in||24 x 24 x 2 in||16 x 22.5 x 0.75 in||3 x 12 x 22 in||3.62 x 13 x 16.5 in|
400 Watt Wall Mounted Electric Panel Heater.
Seller Warranty Description
3 Year Warranty on parts and labor
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This heater is more like a "room temperature maintainer" than a heater. It's great to use in a bedroom and bathroom (up to 120 Sq feet) however remember that this heater works best to keep a room temperature at a certain temp, rather than heating a room quickly. So if you room is at a certain temp, this heater will make sure it stays at that temp. In fact it takes HOURS to heat up a room with this heater, but that's how radiant heat works. It's a slow and steady process. Once it gets to a target temp, it keeps temperatures nice and warm and comfortable rather than feeling like you are in a blast furnace. Think of a camp fire. You can warm yourself directly off the fire (like a traditional heater) or heat your feet on some fire stones around the fire for many many hours (like these heaters.
I highly suggest you buy a temperature control wall socket switch (or build one using a single pole thermostat). That's where you get the most energy savings. That's because once you hit the target temp, these heaters really do a great job kicking on for a few minutes to maintain a temp and shutting off. NOTE: even when power is cut to the panels they still generate heat for 30 to 45 minutes. This is because the panels are nothing but an electric element encased in a ceramic panel. The element heats up the cermanic panel and that's what really heats up the room. Takes a while for these panels to cool down, so you get a heating bonus even with power is shut off.
Here's my Test numbers using the Panel heaters:
Bedroom at 8 pm (before heaters) : 20 degrees Celsius (or 68 F)
Bedroom at 8 am (when I get up before the heaters): 12 degrees Celsius (or 53.6 F)
Bedroom at 8 pm (with heaters) : 20 degrees Celsius (or 68 F)
Bedroom at 8 am (when I get up): 21 degrees Celsius (or 70 F)
These numbers are consistent in all the rooms I tested. So use these panels do work.
1) When they mean 120 sq feet. They REALLY mean 120 sq feet in a well insulated room. If you have bad insulation, these heaters will do nothing. Don't even think about using these to heat an open concept large room.
2) The lower to the ground, the better these things work. The instructions suggest 3 to 6 inches off the ground and that's the best. I mounted one in the centre of the wall because of all the stuff in the room. Compared to the one's I have at the 6 inches off the ground, the performance difference is quite extreme. Almost a 60% loss in efficiency. Makes sense because these heaters send heat upwards and not forward. So it sends hot air up the wall..heating also the wall on the way up to the ceiling. The longer the stretch of wall to heat, the more effective it is.
3) These heaters do get hot but don't damage the walls. I have pets that like to sleep close to them and you can touch them by hand and not get burned...but not for long. Please don't put crap in front of the heater. That just should be obvious.
4) Painting these do help it blend into the environment of the room walls very well. You kind of forget about them unless you get near them.
5) Heaters are completely silent. No fans.
6) The heat feels different. My old heaters felt like a hair-dryer on my face when the fans kicked on. This heat is more subtle and more cozy. Feels more like being in a blanket of warm air in summer time.
===== Cons =========
1) THE SMELL!!! When you first fire these heaters up, they have a toxic smelling scent off the heaters. NO! IT'S NOT ACTUALLY TOXIC but enough to take notice and go on-line to see if this stuff is safe to breath. Turns out it's a protective coating (for shipping purposes) that needs to burn off for 8 hours to one day. After you burn it off, there is no scent at all.
2) No instant gratification. It's a hard adjustment for some people not to turn on a heater and not get blasted with heat. These heaters take some time to get used to but once you understand they are meant to stay on for long periods rather than short bursts, you sort of forget that these heaters are on.
===== CONCLUSION =====
I would only recommend these heaters under very SPECIFIC situations (like not freezing in your bedroom while sleeping. It does what it does incredibly well as long as you stay within those specifics situations. I have used these heaters when it was snowing and they worked great, especially with my temperature controlled wall sockets. My energy bill has gone down by 70% from the previous year. It maintains the temperature of the house better than any heater I have ever own...short of a Central Heating unit and those cost alot more to run than these heaters. So if you have a bedroom or a place with pets or kids where a heater can be a fire hazard (under 120 sq feet), then this heater will work great to get the chill out of a cold climate area.
I have been using these heaters full time and keeps my home about 70 degrees.
So far we are having record high temperatures for this time of the year so I am sure that when it gets cold outside the temperature won't be as warm in the house. Very economical to use... I intend to keep using them in addition to the oil burner. I will update later in the heating season.