Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics Hardcover – December 27, 2011
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Amazon.com Exclusive: Q&A with Author Ziad K. Abdelnour
Occupy Wall Street as you know is an ongoing protest against social and economic inequality, greed and corruption in the US. The protesters believe that most of the wealth is controlled by only 1% of the population. The slogan "We are the 99%" was raised referring to the growing difference in wealth. I personally don’t see a problem with the protesters demonstrating as long as they have a clear message to convey and do it peacefully. Unfortunately their message is very fuzzy to say the least. I hope and I believe that “Economic Warfare” is the long awaited message that Occupy Wall Street will carry on to the world to effect a real change. This book is a "game changer" whether one likes it or not and time will prove it. As the famous French physicist Blaise Pascal used to say: "Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just."
Who do you think is winning the battle, the wealth creators or the wealth takers?
As long as President Obama is in power, the wealth takers will prevail. And I say this beyond any reasonable doubt. It is a fact that the public servants who are supposed to be working on our behalf, paid by our tax dollars and charged with working to ensure domestic tranquility and promotion of the general welfare, seem to be alternating today between an apparent ambivalence and an adversarial position where our fiscal inquiries are concerned. In the name of correcting the weaknesses in the financial system, these agents of the state have launched a full-blown assault on the true creators of wealth in this nation, while the small group who actually participated in, promoted, and profited from the latest economic crisis have walked away with millions of our dollars in their pockets. When capital flees America's shores and Obama is left with a nation of victims and government employees, it will not be long before his mendicants come knocking on the door of the White House demanding their monthly check the question will then be who is going to bail him out?
Given our economic problems and tumultuous political environment, what advice do you offer for individuals seeking to preserve and grow their wealth? Should they ride out the storm in conservative investments or are there pockets of opportunity?
I believe the best strategies for protecting your assets in these turbulent times ahead include getting out of stocks, bonds, and speculative real estate markets and reducing your debts as much as possible. Other specific recommendations fleshed out in the book:
• Convert your U.S.-backed assets such as cash into Swiss francs, kroners, or a couple of other strong currencies.
• Deposit your cash into offshore banks in Hong Kong, Panama, or other nations that have so far resisted the U.S. government’s assertion that citizenship means that everything you own is, by inference, the property of the federal government and that the IRS is the sole arbiter of how much of your assets you should be allowed to keep.
• Be smart about this and seek counsel from an expert in international private banking. It is legal to do if you do it correctly, but it can (and probably will) be made to look like something very illegal if you don't do it in the proper manner.
• If you are going to form a company in today's business environment, maximize your asset and identity protection by using a corporation organization formed in the state of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Indiana, Missouri, or Delaware. Form a revocable family living trust for estate purposes. • If you invest, buy hard assets such as gold bullion, silver, diamonds, and a number of other commodities.
• Buy short-term government instruments and money market funds.
• Buy exchange-traded funds and stocks representing commodity businesses that will move up with the price of gold, silver, oil, and other commodities.
• Buy quality stocks that have paid dividends for many years and focus on companies that are in the food, water, and health businesses along with the ones that are in technologies that enable those types of companies. If you need to purchase real estate for the next few years, buy only residential and commercial real estate owned properties directly from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or from lending institutions that presently own real estate in default.
To make a long story short, set your goals and missions to meet the new global financial order.
Your life is a testament to the American Dream. Are the entrepreneurs you work with at Blackhawk Partners as optimistic as you were years ago, or has the tenor of the times stunted the "animal spirits" that drive new business formation?
This nation was founded on the principle of wealth creation. As a young Henry Clay said in the House of Representatives in 1812, "It [wealth creation] is a passion as unconquerable as any with which nature has endowed us. You may attempt to regulate—you cannot destroy it." That is supposed to be the federal government's primary objective. It is supposed to promote the creation of an environment conducive to the creation of wealth—not job creation, not bailouts, not subsidies, not expansion of the federal bureaucracy, and not providing lifetime support to those who choose not to take advantage of the innumerable opportunities that exist in this nation for them to create a better, more productive life for themselves. If we can turn around the tide at the next Presidential elections, I believe there is a very bright future ahead of us. If not, I am afraid we are in for an even bumpier road.
From the Inside Flap
Surprisingly, it is those we have elected and entrusted with managing our federal government and its burgeoning bureaucracies who are running the country into the ground. Operating under the arrogant delusion that theory is wiser than experience, they have given us an endless stream of programs. Instead of correcting our social ills, these programs have only exacerbated the problems and actually createdmore challenges due to the unintended consequences of incompetence, mismanagement, and corruption.
Author Ziad Abdelnour, a financier who's made a career of empowering entrepreneurs and creating opportunities, has been on the front line of battle in this economic war--a war between those who create wealth and those who believe they have some sort of divine mandate to appropriate it. Now, in Economic Warfare, Abdelnour lays out a plan for restoring economic freedom in the United States and around the world. Along the way, he reveals the true nature of the enemy that threatens to destroy the free market capitalist system that has made this nation great. He also shows where the weakening of our system began, how it was accomplished, and by whom. But unlike many books out there, Economic Warfare actually provides some strong and serious solutions for overcoming the forces against wealth creation, and lays out a strategy for not only surviving in today's turbulent financial environment, but regaining the economic freedom that has marked American exceptionalism. For nearly one hundred years, we have allowed our public servants to operate based upon the theory that bigger government is better government, no matter the cost. That theory has nearly destroyed us.
Page by page, Economic Warfare
Strips away the veneer to reveal the true agenda behind our expanding central government
Describes the damage that has been inflicted upon the American economy in the last few years, making the case for the indisputable charge that we are involved inan economic war for survival
Details Abdelnour's personal strategies and vehicles for wealth creation, and outlines tools that can be used on a global scale
Gives a rundown of areas in which we, the people, can and must demand accountability and fundamental change from the next administration that moves intothe White House
And much more
Armed with the insights found here, you'll discoverwhy engaging in the wealth creation process, instead of relying on big government and big business, is the best path to prosperity.
- Item Weight : 15.8 ounces
- Hardcover : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118150120
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118150122
- Dimensions : 6.3 x 1 x 9.1 inches
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (December 27, 2011)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,360,942 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book is way ahead of its time, I look forward to reading more books from Mr. Abdelnour...