FREE delivery: Dec 8 - 14 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: NSA LLC
Follow the Author
The Economics Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Science of Wealth, Money and World Finance (Subject Bible) Paperback – October 10, 2017
Enhance your purchase
The models and mechanics of economics that drive the world of money.
The Economics Bible is a fully illustrated introduction to a field in which even specialists rarely concur. It presents seemingly unmanageable concepts in easy, bite-size pieces to make complex concepts easy to understand. The economic theories that have shaped nations for centuries and influence the way we live now become clear.
History would tell us that economics has always been relevant. However, as America and the world enter a time of great political and financial unrest, it is critical that we understand how the forces driving the world economy work -- and how the political decisions that were made affect it.
From Keynesian models developed during the Depression to how inflation occurs and its effect on interest rates, The Economics Bible makes global finance more easily understood.
The subjects include:
- Macro-(market-driven) and micro-(citizen-driven) economics
- Inflation (rising prices, wages, hyper-inflation)
- Recession (slow or negative economic growth)
- Economic forecasting (pundits' predictions, often wrong)
- How stock markets work (buying and selling, what is the index)
- The Chicago School (free-market economic philosophy)
- Globalization (the growth of multinational corporations)
- Labor markets (wages, supply and demand)
- Adam Smith (the founder of economics)
- Sub-prime collapse (risky mortgages and sinking real estate values)
- Free trade (barrier-free intercountry transactions without barrier)
- The Euro (monetary unit of the European Union).
Throughout the book are engaging text boxes, sidebars, quotations, maps and graphs, and other visual tools that help to enhance the text. The Economics Bible is a must-have for anyone looking to broaden their knowledge of the world of finance and the economy, and how it affects their life.
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
About the Author
Tejvan Pettinger lives and works as a teacher in Oxford, where he originally studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics. He is a contributor to the Economic Review and writes regularly on economics. He is also the editor of economicshelp.org.
- Publisher : Firefly Books (October 10, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 177085939X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1770859395
- Item Weight : 1.05 pounds
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 1 x 6.5 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #739,685 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: