Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

• +
  • Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 628 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 719 reviews
on March 17, 2015
I absolutely LOVE this CD! I don't understand why Ed felt the need to include such a wide range of musical talent on the CD, however, I am not unhappy he did. Its odd for me to enjoy anything close to RAP, however, this guy gives it somewhat of an elegant spin. And most of the songs are just great dance songs or beautiful acoustic ballads. A true talent! If you don't have this one you really don't want to exclude it from your life. You would truly be missing out!
on September 20, 2014
My first exposure to Ed Sheeran other than hearing him on XM radio. It's mostly mellow music, with a moderate amount of soft rap style thrown in here and there (which I generally don't care for as much). The 1st track, The A Team, grabbed me immediately and probably my favorite track on the disc, but the starting 4 tracks are all very good. Lego House is catchy & slightly more upbeat, also a very good song, with Small Bump and Kiss Me being among the strongest softer tunes. A definite uniqueness to the lyrics and delivery by this guy, sometimes evenly paced and other parts more rapid-fire style. Most of the melodies are not overly catchy, but melodic enough to work well. Unlike some other artists from the UK over the years whose singing style disguises much of their native accent, no mistaking where this guy hails from, as his prominent accent is a key unique quality to his singing. I personally would rate 7 of the 12 tracks as above average, tunes I REALLY like, with only a couple I could do without, so a very strong percentage compared to many CDs I purchase. He's definitely on my "watch" list to look forward to future material from him.
VINE VOICEon December 8, 2012
Like a British Jason Mraz, Ed Sheeran shows such diverse understanding of indie rock and current mainstream pop on his album `+', a beautiful collection of intelligent lyrics, catchy beats and overall impactful music. The fact that Sheeran can sooth with his vocals and then entice with significant rhythm is impressive to say the least. Jumping from the bouncy flow of `Grade 8' right into the smoky earnestness of `Wake Me Up' (a brilliant track that calls to mind the marvelous Kate Nash) is flawless.

He's got this music thing down.

I may not review a lot of music on here (I need to get back into that) but I do listen to a lot of it, and I have to say that `+' is certainly one of the best albums of 2012. Not only that, it may be one of the best albums I own at this moment. It is one of the most well rounded albums I've ever heard, containing so many layers of musicality and style that make it effortlessly entertaining and accessible. I never want to stop listening to it.

If you are a fan of his big hit `The A Team' then you'll really appreciate songs like `Lego House', `The City', `Grade 8' and `Drunk', songs that really play up the playful tones that Sheeran brings to his breed of `Songwriter Pop'. `Grade 8' is one of my favorite tracks on the album, serving up an edgy spunk that permeates each facet of the track (right down to the soulful musicality that reminds me a bit of Craig David) and that chorus is not only catchy as all get out but fun to boot. `Drunk' pulls from those same qualities with a more subdued essence. The way he plays with lyrics is very much like Jason Mraz, before he tried so hard to become John Mayer. I just fell in love with `Lego House' immediately, that chorus is just PERFECTION! The swells are so emotionally intoxicating, and the way his voice reaches so many levels is just flawless. `The City' isn't really my favorite here, but it has a fun factor to it and reminds me of Owl City, so it'll certainly have some fans.

`U.N.I' and `You Need Me, I Don't Need You' give Ed a chance to try his hand at rap (sort of), and he pulls it off enough to not embarrass himself (but this isn't his forte). `U.N.I.' is better than `You Need Me, I Don't Need You' (the one song where I kind of hate the chorus). `U.N.I.' has some great lyrical content and a greatly balanced chorus that helps elevate the song and add a tenderness that makes it more impactful and relevant.

`Wake Me Up', `This', `Kiss Me' and the closing track `Give Me Love' all fall into a beautiful wheelhouse of perfected Singer/Songwriter ballads. As I mentioned, `Wake Me Up' reminds me a tad of Kate Nash, very talk/sing and wordy (storytelling). `This' has breathy qualities that show vulnerability, while the pleading in `Kiss Me' and `Give Me Love' reach out with such earnestness and near aggressiveness that you can't help but be swayed by his every word.

And then there is `Small Bump' which leaves me in a puddle of tears with every listen. Singing about the death of a child is SO HARD TO PULL OFF. The subject alone is so hard to talk about, let alone sing about. The hardest thing about this song is that it doesn't feel like that kind of song until the very end. Listening to the song, it is so touching and heartfelt and honestly, I was crying because of how sweet and sincere it was. I was sitting there listening to lyrics like "if you're not inside me, I'll put my future in you" and "you are my one and only, and you can wrap your fingers round my thumb and hold me tight" and "you're just a small bump I know, you'll grow into your skin", thinking about my kids and bawling like a baby and then the final words come ("you were just a small bump unborn for four months then torn from life...maybe you were needed up there but we're still unaware as why") and I lost it. Seriously, I'm tearing up just writing about it.

UGH!

So, in the end, this album is amazing and I can't recommend it enough. I am so happy that Sheeran is getting play here in the States. Here's to hoping that he only grows from here!
on January 24, 2014
I was thoroughly impressed with "A Team", but I hadn't thought about searching for other songs by this artist...until I was about to get out of my seat after viewing "The Desolation of Smaug". I heard a voice that caused me to stay put long enough to watch the credits roll so I could see who was singing. Sure enough, it was Ed Sheeran. What a voice; what a talent!

Bought this album for myself, and gifted it to two others. Fantastic!!!
on March 19, 2017
Love Ed Sheeran, love this album! Got it at a good price. Had to wait a bit for it to be reduced and was so happy when it was.
on April 23, 2017
Earlier works that his bigger CDs, but still a quality songwriter/performer.
on May 13, 2013
I'm blown away by how enjoyable this album is. If you like the beautiful voice, sweet guitar, and lyrical limbo that Jason Mraz gives us, then you'll love Ed Sheeran and this album.

To be sure, the superstar breakout "The A Team" is a reason to love Ed Sheeran, but please don't limit yourself to just that track.

Make sure you listen carefully to the lyrics of "Small Bump", but be prepared for a tear or two to fall.

Then, I dare you to NOT sing along with "Give Me Love"! The African-tribal-soul sort of vibe that comes in at the end is a delightful surprise to a fantastic song.

If you're on the fence about whether to get the "standard" or "deluxe" version, do yourself a favor and spend the extra $2 on the deluxe. Once you hear this album, you'll want to hear as much Ed Sheeran as you can get.

Enjoy!
on June 1, 2017
Love this album, But what can you say from Ed Sheeran, He is great
on June 24, 2015
It's a beautiful album, but I find myself skipping You Need Me, I Don't Need You. But most of the songs on this album is wonderful. Ed Sheeran is talented. I highly recommend it to all music lovers and I'm looking forward to his next album.
on December 1, 2012
It's hard to believe this is a debut album! Because this guy is good! It's one of the few albums that I can listen to from start to finish, and then start it all over again. I never get tired of hearing him.

I'd heard "A Team" on the radio several months ago and thought it was pretty good, but didn't give it much more thought than that. Then while I was browsing videos by other artists I liked, I noticed "Give Me Love" was recommended off to the side. I literally couldn't believe this music was coming from this boy's mouth!! Well, I'm a believer now!

It's clear that Ed Sheeran has been making music for a long time, despite his young age. His style and lyrics are very unique, and yet he never fails to please the listener's ears. The sounds on the album range from folk to funk. From blues to indie. Even some hip hop! I gain more appreciation for his talent every time I listen to the album. Definitely a great purchase!

Highly recommended!!