Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on September 21, 2012
When I first got this I was disapointed that it it had so much rice. I know it says Rice and Beans but I was hoping for more beans. But it has really grown on me and I'm about to order another case. I love it as a base for tostadas, better than beans alone and the slighly spicy flavor adds alot (I put cheese, salsa, fresh tomato and lettuce and sometime meat on my tostadas). I use about a can week and it is a nice product to have for emergencies, you could, if you have to, eat it straight from the can and it would taste better and be more filling than a lot of emergency foods. Beans and rice form a complete protien which makes for a hunger statisfing meal.
on October 20, 2012
I bought these Eden Organic Carribean Rice and Beans, because they come in BPA free cans. First of all, I would like to thank the company for producing a quality product in a safe container. It is honestly hard to find BPA free cans, even in these "organic focused" days. Now for the taste, I am not picky about food, but ... these were just O.K. The flavoring was not up my alley. I was expecting something a little more spicy. This rice and beans had a very mild seasoning. Once I added spices to these the taste improved greatly. However, if you like the more mild seasonings this might be perfect for you. I know you can't expect too much from canned food. I give this three stars for safe packaging, and decent texture/taste.
on October 8, 2012
I bought this for quick organic rice & bean dishes or things like burritos. There is a strong cumin taste and it is spicy right out of the can, so you should taste it before adding anymore spices. I found I liked it better toned down by adding more cooked rice or a lot of cheese or sour cream on burritos. We have all had beans from a can, but I wondered what canned rice would be like and it's pretty good, but not five star good.
on December 27, 2010
I bought this through Amazon, and am tasting it for the first time. Service through Amazon was fabulous. But the taste of this canned food leaves much to be desired -- it is very bland and mushy. I had to add lots of my own spices just to make it taste alright. It's relatively healthy though, and the can doesn't have BPA which gets it the additional star. I'll try some of the other Eden brands, hoping they are better tasting. But if you are looking for a quick relatively healthy meal, and have your own spices to add, then this can be a good pick.
on June 16, 2010
It is kind of spicy, which is nice, because otherwise it would be very bland. I got the Eden black beans as well, and they are a lot worse without the Caribbean Rice. Of course, the best feature of these products is the bean cans do not have BPA toxicity, as well as no toxic ingredients or sweeteners. No salt even! If you want the rawest, natural, bare beans and rice. Here it is. Hopefully you can season and flavor foods if there's not enough oomph in them, or you know someone that can.
on April 16, 2010
a slight heat but not a mouth burner, just right. Flavorings are nice, and combine with anything. Some of these products have a distinctive taste that limits options. This one is good as a side dish, use it in making soup or chili, good filler and extender for leftovers. It is not overly salty. If you have not tried Lundberg's beans and rice, this is a good one for a first try
on February 28, 2012
i love that not only are these organic, but the lining is also bpa-free. they taste great on their own, in dishes or on top of chips as nachos. i keep them on hand in my pantry for a go to item when i need to feed my family something fast & can still feel good about what i'm feeding them. love these!
on February 16, 2016
Really good with some extra seasonings.
on April 5, 2011
When I am too tired to cook I heat up a can of rice & beans, and top with diced tomatoes, corn or other vegetable. Great, filling meal. And, for me, the spices are just right -- not too little, not too much.
on September 20, 2014
Low in sodium, fat and sugar, this is a vegan's delight.