Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EdenPURE US GEN4 Model US 1000 Portable Electric Space / Room Heater Gen 4
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on November 26, 2012
We live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC and the winters can be quite harsh. Our 3200 sq ft home is heated by a natural gas furnace. After watching Bob Villa's infomercial we puchased the EdenPURE GEN4 HEATER and we couldn't be happier. This is our 3rd winter using the heater. We shut off a portion of the house by closing doors and only heat that area with the heater. This heater will keep our bedroom, hallway, den and kitchen at a very comfortable temperature and I am cold natured. Last winter we spent less than $300 on natural gas because we used the EdenPURE as a supplemental heat source. Our electricity bill only increased about $15-$20 per month. This is an excellent product and in 3 years of use we have never had any issues with the unit.
22 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2012
I own two EdenPure Heating units and have had NO trouble with them that I wasn't warned about. I had one unit start to blow cold air and figured the bulbs must be burned out... then remembered to CLEAN the filter... Cleaned it and it went right back to working wonderfully. I have owned these units for over 4 years and for those who complain and give a one rating, they are obviously from the competition. I have found them to work well for what they are designed for... to heat a room. BUT I heat my entire house (1100 sqft) in ALASKA with two of these units. We dropped our electric bill from about 250 in the winter to 150.00. I heat my house year round for under 1000.00 a year... quite amazing! I am currently thinking very seriously about buying one to heat my business, which uses baseboard, that I can't keep on all night due to the cost. I do not see this unit as being cheaply made... my remote has never not worked... I don't think I have even had to change the battery in 4 years and I use the remote every time I turn it on. I like the long cord, I can easily move the machine about the room to bring more heat to a location I am at. I did a lot of research on this product before I bought it, but a very positive review from my cousin got me to buy one, and I have been very pleased with this purchase.
33 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
A friend recommended EdenPURE and I'm glad we took their advise.
The five year warranty on the motor was incentive enough for me.
The number of increments of heat regulation make the comfort level easy to adjust for the large open area I want to heat.
We bought a second one for a Christmas gift for the Daughter because she had an inadequate "air/heat "source.
EdenPURE solved that heating problem in fifteen minutes.
Yes," I love it "and gave a five star rating.
on October 1, 2013
We love this heater! We live in the N.E where winters are harsh most of the time. We have gas heat and this heater is a great alternative to save on our gas bill. It is doesn't drive our electric bill up at all. Additionaly I have read some reviews complain that it stops blowing hot air... CLEAN the FILTER! My father inlaw actually picks these up when he sees them trashed (3 in total & he isn't a trash picker only for these!) People trash them because they 'don't work' when all that needs to be done was to rinse the filter under warm water
on November 14, 2012
We bought our first EdenPure a couple of winters ago and I used it to heat the upstairs of our old farmhouse where my home office was. It sure was so much better and cheaper to run than the old small heaters that I used to run. It is quiet and even though I had the heater in the hallway, I could feel the heat surround me in my office 15 feet or more away. We loaned our heater to my in-laws to use in their livingroom while my father-in-law was in end stages of cancer and it has not come back as my mother-in-law uses it daily for extra warmth. We are planning on buying another to replace the original. Great product!!
on January 5, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my mother. She loves the fact the top and sides do not get hot and saves money on the utility bills.
on November 17, 2014
I actually bought this from Lowes and in this case I am glad I did because it was much easier to bring back the next day. I purchased this for use in an RV, it failed miserably.
An RV is like a drafty house so this review still works for the occasion. Essentially, unless your room is wrapped in R-30 insulation and has zero air movement, the EdenPure will fail you.
During the night, we turned the furnace off, the R-16 insulated RV dropped to almost 55deg with the EdenPure running at full power. We had to turn the furnace back on to get the temps up. We also discovered that you have to place the unit close to you to even feel comfortable. In the end we determined it to be a $300.00 foot warmer with expensive short life quartz bulbs you have to replace.

We brought the EdenPure back with a smile and bought a radiator instead for $70. The radiator out-performed the EdenPure in the drafty RV 5 times over. The furnace hardly runs and the temps stay up at 65deg on the radiator alone. All these test were done at an average temperature of 10deg in the dark.

Save yourself the money, get a radiator or a micathermic heater for less than 1/3 the cost and actually have a warm room, even if your house is old and drafty.
on April 24, 2015
Heater uses over 1600 watts of electricity and is only rated for 1500. The elements burn out at least once every heating season if you run it hard. The elements are poorly designed and would NEVER last 5 years as they promise. The fan runs erratically and is noisy. All in all, extremely overpriced and unreliable. Many other choices available other than this one for HALF the price.
on January 16, 2013
Beware of this product. I am a licensed master electrician and after over 30 years in business I have never seen such poor customer service and quality control. The remote would not work so I took it apart and fixed it. Then in the start of it's third year in service it quit producing heat. The inferred bulbs had burned out. This is in Lake Havasu City,AZ the hottest city in the nation. Customer service said they would ship me new bulbs with a DVD showing how to replace them by second day freight. Later the same day I received a voice mail that the bulbs were out of stock and it would be 2 to 3 weeks before they could be shipped. I even paid extra to get a heater made in the USA! They offer a foreign made unit for less money. My advise is to save $400.00, buy a Consumers Report, and get a heater that works as advertised. I received much less than the 12 to 20 year lifespan advertised. By the time I receive the bulbs our winter will be over. If it just takes replacing 3 bulbs to get the heater working, you would think they would have some in stock for service. I could buy all the new heaters I wanted in stock ready for overnight shipping!
44 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2014
I bought this heater and it worked fine for two months. Eden pure would not honor the warrenty because they said this seller was not authorized. I went back and forth for about a week with no luck. Over 300.00 dollars lost. THIS SELLER DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!!!