Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "EdgeCraft 610 Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food ..." and save 38% off the $155.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
EdgeCraft 610 Chef's Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer
|You Save:||$55.01 (35%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cast aluminum and stainless steel slicer with gear-driven, cool-running, high-torque motor
- 7-inch, multi-purpose, stainless steel blade slices from deli-thin to 3/4-inch thick slices
- Tilted, large capacity food carriage and cantilever design provide fast, efficient slicing
- Blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector and thickness guide remove for easy cleaning
- Safety fuse at the base of the slicer for power surge protection. Measures 15 by 10-1/2 by 10-4/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Electronics Warehouse Outlet|
|Item Dimensions||12.4 x 16.3 x 11.9 in||10.5 x 15.5 x 11 in||11 x 15 x 11 in||14.25 x 20.5 x 14.25 in||19.4 x 12.1 x 14.4 in||12 x 16.75 x 10.75 in|
|Item Weight||11.3 lbs||10.3 lbs||10 lbs||15.35 lbs||12.39 lbs||10.5 lbs|
Chef's Choice Model 610 Slicer is a premium gear driven food slicer. It has a reliable, smooth and powerful cool running high torque electric motor. It is a versatile, rugged slicer which features all structural components of cast aluminum and stainless steel. The large capacity food carriage retracts fully to permit slicing of extra large roasts, hams and other foods. The precision thickness control slices from deli-thin to approximately 3/4-inch thick slices. A tilted food carriage and cantilever design for fast and efficient slicing. The 7-inch multi-purpose stainless steel serrated blade, food carriage, food pusher, food deflector and thickness guide all remove for easy cleaning. Extra secure, the food carriage locks into position limiting access to the blade when the unit is not in use. Intermittent on/off switch, convenient cord storage. Fuse at the bottom of the slicer will trigger shut down in case of power surge. Slicer comes with a serving tray.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When this happened to my first slicer, I didn't know what to do and just threw it out and replaced it. Then we used a different slicer for a while, but it broke eventually and we went back to this one when we got a good deal on it. When this one blew again, I just decided to turn it into a father/son project and we tinkered with it until we discovered the above. So it's got a design flaw that you need to be aware of before you buy it. In both cases, the slicer lasted 1-2 years before we encountered the issue. We lubed it consistently and well the second time, thinking that that might be the problem, but apparently not.
1. Light weight and stores easily.
2. Nice range of slice thickness.
3. Easy to disassemble for cleaning.
1. Doesn't cut through meat all of the way at the bottom. I am constantly left with the bottom of the meat hanging and can only slice one at a time. I have to turn the unit off and pull the slice out before I can do another. This is somewhat fixable by making sure your meat is either firm or partially frozen. Also, be sure to either trim the fat off or have it at the top. The firmer part of the meat definitely needs to go at the bottom to reduce the problem I mention here.
2. Doesn't have a lot of power to slice through certain foods. While I haven't experienced it smoking like others have, you do have to push pretty hard on firm or partially frozen meats.
3. Food gets caught up in the food deflector (I am wondering if this isn't part of problem #1).
I've made some good jerkey and pork chops out of a roast (saves $$). Can't wait to use this more now that I know some of the tricks to keep it working better. I think the blade may also need to be sharpened from what the factory sends it like to keep the hanging problem from happening.
I decided to slice up some of the turkey left over from Xmas and it worked like a charm, too.
Then the item that most people have stated can be problematic: cheese. I sliced up some extra sharp cheddar cheese and it turned out fantastic!!
I read online that the slicer is also great for fruits and veggies, but make sure you remove the seeds.
I will definitely invest in the smooth blade, as the reviews I've read state that it works even better on cheeses.
I am thrill that I no longer will need to buy processed lunch meat or meat from the deli, which are loaded with tons of salt (sodium) and other additives, like nitrates and preservatives. Now I have control over the flavors and spices added to the meats.
Most recent customer reviews
I'm now buying some food grade lubricant since its almost all worn off, and none remains on the blades.Read more