Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
EdgeStar CWR361FD 24 Inch Wide 36 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler with Dual Cooling
|Price:||$819.00 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$60.00 (7%)|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Capacity: 36 standard 750 mL wine bottles; Built-in or freestanding installation
- French door layout w/ black dot matrix tempered glass; Black cabinet and stainless steel trim doors
- Door lock on each door; Large matching stainless steel handles; Dimensions: 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 24 3/8" D; Dimensions (Without Handle): 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 5/8" D
- 10 full depth, slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves; Two (2) partial depth slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. A valid phone number is required for delivery purposes, please ensure the correct phone number is provided in your shipping information when placing this order.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item EdgeStar CWR361FD 24 Inch Wide 36 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler with Dual Cooling
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||CompactAppliance||CompactAppliance||Web Market Deals||Kalamera Products||Amazon.com||The Beverage Factory|
|Color||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||WC0022||stainless steel||Stainless Steel & Black||Stainless Steel|
EdgeStar 46 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone Wine Cooler - Black and Stainless Steel
- 10 full depth, slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
- Two partial depth slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
- Auto defrost
- Security lock on each door
- Temperature Range: 40-65º F for both zones
- LED displays show current temperature
- Rubber bushing absorbs vibration and noise from compressor
- Input voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Power: 120 W/1.2 A
- Weight: 100 lbs
- Dimensions: 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 24 3/8" D
- Dimensions (Without Handle): 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 5/8" D
36 Bottle Wine Capacity
Capacity based on standard Bordeaux style wine bottles with a diameter of 2.75". You can accommodate larger bottles by removing a shelf, keep in mind this will decrease the stated bottle capacity.
The sleek stainless steel trim French doors, matching slide-out stainless steel trimmed shelves and soft LED interior lighting provide a timeless design to showcase your treasured collection. Whatever the setting, these units are sure to spark conversation about their attractive and pleasing aesthetic.
One of the most important elements of a cooling system is the controls. They should be accessible, easily understood, and provide you with accurate information on the exact temperature you are attempting to achieve. The intuitive touch control and digital temperature display allow you to easily adjust and monitor the desired temperature based on your specific cooling needs.
UV rays can cause a host of problems for any wine collection. In addition to providing unwanted heat, which puts needless strain on your cooling unit, exposure to UV light can alter the chemical makeup of your wine, potentially affecting taste and maturation. The tinted glass door ensures that while your wine bottles are visible, the integrity of your wine is protected from the potential harm of harsh light and UV rays. .
Shelf Bottle Arrangement
This shelf layout will allow you to achieve the maximum bottle capacity based on a ‘Typical Bordeaux’ bottle.
Top customer reviews
The Good :
Extremely nice looking unit. No one fails to comment about it's good looks when they see it.
2 zones of operation - easy to set up and start using - acceptable temperature control
Built IN operation. ( fans are necessary )
Not too loud. It's a real compressor - but an efficient one, the loudest operation is the pop of the starter as the compressor is started.*
The Bad :
The interior light is not very useful ( except as mood lighting ) =)
No control panel lock *
Now the details -
The unit can be used as a stand alone or as a built in appliance. I can understand those that have mentioned noise as an issue depending on the use.
*This has a real compressor, and a fan that operates independently of the compressor. If you are keen to these noises, you will notice them, however - as an appliance, it is quiet overall, and does what it's supposed to, while maintaining EXTREMELY good looks. If you build this under your counters the noise of it running are negligible, with the occasional small pop of a compressor starter being the only thing that is real noticeable.
If your intentions are to use this as a standalone - consider a unit that is therm o-electric. ( No moving parts ) There are other considerations when going that path, outside the scope of this review, so read up if you'd rather have something that is essentially solid-state.
Once up and running - the set temperatures for each side do seem to wander quite a bit, BUT - and this is BIG... as you fill the cooler, the temperature stabilizes greatly. The shelves are nice - they do not extend very far and you do have to move more than just the bottle you are looking for many times to get it out, but I am OK with this - as I prefer the smaller overall size of the unit.
The operation of the controls are straight forward. You press an arrow pointing towards the zone you want to change repeatedly to cycle through the available temperature range.
The interior light is sort of a joke. It makes the interior of the unit glow blue and if you have some bottles already in the unit, the light is quickly bounced around and useless to read labels by. It is however, a nice blue glow, if you like that sort of thing.
* Our installation has it UNDER the counter. This is great for our layout, and everyone - and I mean everyone that comes in, remarks on the cooler. Our complaint - as the home owner, is that the units control surface - CAN'T BE LOCKED. Don't confuse this with the doors. The Doors Can Be Locked !
This is the control surface where temperature, interior light and unit power are controlled. It is right at the top edge of the unit and typically where your fingers are when you are at the counter. Other body parts have changed settings as well if you are leaning against the counter edge. This is ANNOYING. Thankfully ( maybe ) there is an audible chime when a control setting is changed, you will simply be amazed at how often it happens in an under counter installation.
OVERALL - this unit does what it's supposed to, in an extremely attractive package - and the manufacturer is also very nice to contact. ( Fahrenheit - Celsius display change - remember that control surface lock issue? )
Kitchen area baseline with no appliances on hovers around 22-23 dBA... my house is VERY quiet!
My brand new LG Kitchen refrigerator with compressor ON:
From <1' = 51.6 dBA (very quiet relatively speaking)
From 3.5"= 23.4 dBA (barely louder than my quiet room)
EdgeStar Dual Zone French Door Wine Fridge with compressor ON:
From <1' = 62.0 dBA (NORMAL refrigerator noise as measure up against unit)
From 4' = 30.1.dBA (quiet relatively speaking)
From 8' = 28.4 dBA (HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE... can I hear the wine fridge from a dead silent room?... absolutely. Is it noisy?... I don't think so. Its quite the classic refrigerator noise level. I think as modern appliances get quieter, peoples standards just keep changing and getting more critical. Maybe since my unit is 'built-in', it may be quieter than those that are not...
Again, I'm a happy customer after 10 months of use and at this price point, its hard to beat. As a comparison, the matching Kitchen Aid wine unit (had I gone that route when we built the house) would have been 2.5X the cost of this EdgeStar unit and would have been a single zone, single door unit.
Hope this helps in any decisions you may be making.
Most recent customer reviews
The cooler arrived in excellent condition - well packaged.Read more
1. People mentioned that it came damaged when shipped. Looks like this is common enough that the same thing happened to me.Read more