Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "EdgeStar CWR361FD 24 Inch Wide 36 Bottle Built-In ..." and save 20% off the $879.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
EdgeStar CWR361FD 24 Inch Wide 36 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler with Dual Cooling
|Price:||$779.00 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$100.00 (11%)|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Capacity: 36 standard 750 mL wine bottles; Built-in or freestanding installation
- French door layout w/ black dot matrix tempered glass; Black cabinet and stainless steel trim doors
- Door lock on each door; Large matching stainless steel handles; Dimensions: 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 24 3/8" D; Dimensions (Without Handle): 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 5/8" D
- 10 full depth, slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves; Two (2) partial depth slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. A valid phone number is required for delivery purposes, please ensure the correct phone number is provided in your shipping information when placing this order.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
EdgeStar 46 Bottle Built-In Dual Zone Wine Cooler - Black and Stainless Steel
- 10 full depth, slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
- Two partial depth slide-out stainless steel-trimmed wood shelves
- Auto defrost
- Security lock on each door
- Temperature Range: 40-65º F for both zones
- LED displays show current temperature
- Rubber bushing absorbs vibration and noise from compressor
- Input voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Power: 120 W/1.2 A
- Weight: 100 lbs
- Dimensions: 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 24 3/8" D
- Dimensions (Without Handle): 34 1/8" H x 23 1/2" W x 22 5/8" D
36 Bottle Wine Capacity
Capacity based on standard Bordeaux style wine bottles with a diameter of 2.75". You can accommodate larger bottles by removing a shelf, keep in mind this will decrease the stated bottle capacity.
The sleek stainless steel trim French doors, matching slide-out stainless steel trimmed shelves and soft LED interior lighting provide a timeless design to showcase your treasured collection. Whatever the setting, these units are sure to spark conversation about their attractive and pleasing aesthetic.
One of the most important elements of a cooling system is the controls. They should be accessible, easily understood, and provide you with accurate information on the exact temperature you are attempting to achieve. The intuitive touch control and digital temperature display allow you to easily adjust and monitor the desired temperature based on your specific cooling needs.
UV rays can cause a host of problems for any wine collection. In addition to providing unwanted heat, which puts needless strain on your cooling unit, exposure to UV light can alter the chemical makeup of your wine, potentially affecting taste and maturation. The tinted glass door ensures that while your wine bottles are visible, the integrity of your wine is protected from the potential harm of harsh light and UV rays. .
Shelf Bottle Arrangement
This shelf layout will allow you to achieve the maximum bottle capacity based on a ‘Typical Bordeaux’ bottle.
Top customer reviews
The Good :
Extremely nice looking unit. No one fails to comment about it's good looks when they see it.
2 zones of operation - easy to set up and start using - acceptable temperature control
Built IN operation. ( fans are necessary )
Not too loud. It's a real compressor - but an efficient one, the loudest operation is the pop of the starter as the compressor is started.*
The Bad :
The interior light is not very useful ( except as mood lighting ) =)
No control panel lock *
Now the details -
The unit can be used as a stand alone or as a built in appliance. I can understand those that have mentioned noise as an issue depending on the use.
*This has a real compressor, and a fan that operates independently of the compressor. If you are keen to these noises, you will notice them, however - as an appliance, it is quiet overall, and does what it's supposed to, while maintaining EXTREMELY good looks. If you build this under your counters the noise of it running are negligible, with the occasional small pop of a compressor starter being the only thing that is real noticeable.
If your intentions are to use this as a standalone - consider a unit that is therm o-electric. ( No moving parts ) There are other considerations when going that path, outside the scope of this review, so read up if you'd rather have something that is essentially solid-state.
Once up and running - the set temperatures for each side do seem to wander quite a bit, BUT - and this is BIG... as you fill the cooler, the temperature stabilizes greatly. The shelves are nice - they do not extend very far and you do have to move more than just the bottle you are looking for many times to get it out, but I am OK with this - as I prefer the smaller overall size of the unit.
The operation of the controls are straight forward. You press an arrow pointing towards the zone you want to change repeatedly to cycle through the available temperature range.
The interior light is sort of a joke. It makes the interior of the unit glow blue and if you have some bottles already in the unit, the light is quickly bounced around and useless to read labels by. It is however, a nice blue glow, if you like that sort of thing.
* Our installation has it UNDER the counter. This is great for our layout, and everyone - and I mean everyone that comes in, remarks on the cooler. Our complaint - as the home owner, is that the units control surface - CAN'T BE LOCKED. Don't confuse this with the doors. The Doors Can Be Locked !
This is the control surface where temperature, interior light and unit power are controlled. It is right at the top edge of the unit and typically where your fingers are when you are at the counter. Other body parts have changed settings as well if you are leaning against the counter edge. This is ANNOYING. Thankfully ( maybe ) there is an audible chime when a control setting is changed, you will simply be amazed at how often it happens in an under counter installation.
OVERALL - this unit does what it's supposed to, in an extremely attractive package - and the manufacturer is also very nice to contact. ( Fahrenheit - Celsius display change - remember that control surface lock issue? )
While the unit is beautiful and does its job, the noise makes it very annoying. So, I cannot recommend it to others as an on-line purchase. Maybe, if you can find it in a box store and test the actual unit you will buy, then you can get a quiet one. If it were quieter, then i would give it 5 stars. But, under the circumstances, i cannot.
Most recent customer reviews
The cooler arrived in excellent condition - well packaged.Read more
1. People mentioned that it came damaged when shipped. Looks like this is common enough that the same thing happened to me.Read more