Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Edgecraft 316 Diamond Sharpener for Asian Knives" and save 33% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Edgecraft 316 Diamond Sharpener for Asian Knives
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 120-watt sharpener designed especially for Asian-style knives
- Stage 1 uses fine 100-percent diamond abrasive to sharpen and hone
- Stage 2 uses ultra-fine 100-percent diamond abrasive to strop and polish
- Precision guides sharpen at 15 degrees ensuring thin, razor-sharp edges
- Measures 8-1/2 by 5 by 4 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
EdgeCraft Corporation was established in 1985 with a very specific mission; to create the world’s best knife sharpener. Our first sharpener became an immediate success, acclaimed world- wide for performance and quality. Today we have a full array of sharpeners electrics, manuals, hybrids and specialty and a continuing determination to offer only the world’s best products.
Chef’s Choice Diamond Hone Sharpener for 15° Knives Model 316
Designed to put a factory sharp, 15 degree precision edge on all contemporary Asian style knives, Chinese style cleavers and the thinner, traditional single-bevel Japanese blades as well as contemporary European/American style knives:
- Factory sharp edge for 15 degree steel knives
- Thin, razor sharp edges for effortless food preparation
- 2-Stage diamond sharpening for stronger edges and faster results—honing and polishing
- Precision guides sharpen at 15 degrees
- Resharpen with ultra-fine diamonds—knives last longer
- For single or double-faceted blades
- Create the 15 degree edge on thin Euro/American style knives
- Sharpens both straight edge and fine edge knives
The Chef’s Choice Model 316 has two sharpening stages that sharpen the edge at 15 degrees. The first stage hones each side of the edge with fine 100% diamond abrasives. The second stage polishes the edge using ultra-fine 100% diamond abrasives.
In both Stage 1 and 2, the left side and the right side of the blade are sharpened separately, which allows the user to hone and polish the traditional single-beveled Japanese blades.
The contemporary Japanese blade, Chinese cleavers and modern European style knives should be honed and polished on both sides of the blade. The traditional single-bevel Japanese blade must be honed and polished primarily on the front side of the blade, which has the large factory bevel.
Using high precision elastomeric angle guides, the Model 316 will eliminate all the guesswork and provide users with a reliable sharpening method that guarantees a factory quality edge in just minutes.
Designed especially for Asian Style knives, the Chef's Choice 316 sharpener creates an Asian type factory edge known for its thin profile and razor sharpness. Asian chef's recognize this as the ideal edge for all brands of Santuko and other Asian cutlery whether you are preparing elaborate dishes of sushi or sashimi or filleting the catch of the day. Stage 1: Sharpening/Honing: 100% diamond abrasives sharpen and hone the knife's edge, creating the first facet. Diamonds make it fast and easy and will never detemper your knife. Stage 2: Stropping and polishing: Ultra fine diamonds strop and polish, creating highly polished micro facets along the super sharp edge. Precision guides, patented elastomeric springs hold knives securely against precision guides for accurate control of sharpening angles.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This diamond sharpener comes with a warning about how sharp it'll make your knives and its not kidding. If you are used to your knives being dull, take care! The resharpened ones are something else.