Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore-Approved Vegan Recipes Hardcover – October 16, 2017
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Candice Hutchings is the host of The Edgy Veg YouTube channel (250,000 + subscribers and counting) and blog which she co-founded with her husband James Aita. The couple live in Toronto, Ontario, with their two dogs, Sir Winston Churchill and Harley Quinn (@vedgydogs).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Since Amazon doesn't yet have the "Look Inside" feature available for this book, I'm posting two photos: one of the main page for a sub-section and one that shows what the full-page photos look like. Here's also an overview of its main chapters:
* #Basic(s) -- contains recipes for pizza dough, gnocchi, seitan "chicken," and other staples
* Brunch: The Hangover Story -- has recipes for things like pancakes, Veggs Benny, and Chive and Sriracha Beer Waffles
* Souper Natural -- contains recipes for pho, ramen, chili, pumpkin-sage soup, and onion soup, amongst others
* Not-Boring Salads -- includes the Cobb Your Enthusiasm Salad, the Naked Burrito, and a Buffalo Caesar recipe
* Munchies -- includes samosas, Kimchi Fries, Buffalo Cauliflower Wings 7 Ways, Mason-Dixon Crab Melt, and more
* The Main Squeeze -- this is the largest section (which I was happy about since I always love making new entrees), and includes recipes for things like Perfectly Pleasing Pesto Pizza, Half-Baked Mac and Cheese, Better Than Ever Veggie Dogs, No Fuss BLTs, and other main dishes
* On the Side -- has recipes for Fish-Free Kimchi, Brussels Sprouts that Don't Suck, Garlicky Green Beans to Keep the Vampires Away, and more
* Thirsty Girl -- has a few smoothie and cocktail recipes
* Sweet Endings . . . Or Beginnings -- We Don't Judge -- has three ice cream recipes (matcha, strawberry, and vanilla flavors), as well as a sponge cake recipe, a New York-style cheesecake recipe, a creme brulee recipe, and a few others
As you can see from some of the recipe titles, the Edgy Veg duo has fun with their titles and recipes, and their book is really fun to read. Pretty much all of the recipes also use ingredients that you can find at most mainstream grocery stores; if you live in a larger town, you won't have to make a trip to a specialty store.
The step-by-step instructions are clearly broken down, and the ingredient lists include metric and imperial measurements. Any special supplies (such as ramekins, a food processor, or a blender) that you'll need for each recipe is also highlighted in a yellow box at the top of the ingredients list. Most of the recipes also contain beautiful full-page color photos, which I love in cookbooks since color photos of the recipes always inspire me.
Other fun additions to this cookbook are the "Hack It!" tips that provide quick suggestions for how to change up the recipe a bit if you've made it a lot, as well as video icons that link you back to their YouTube channel for more fun ideas.
Today I was short on time, but was easily able to make the It Takes Two to Mango Salad, the Death by Chocolate Mousse (which was especially amazing!), and the Brussels Sprouts that Don't Suck (which was just a basic roasted Brussels sprouts recipe). Each one came together really quickly, and the flavors were really delicious. This new cookbook keep me busy (and well-fed!) for awhile!
I have been vegetarian off and on for over three years and have finally been transitioning to being 100% vegan and this cookbook is perfect for lasting success! My husband is eating primarily plant based too and these are the kinds of recipes he will love - he was a big "meat and potatoes, burgers and fries, pizza" guy lol. It has the kind of food in it that will be awesome to make and share with my nonveg family and friends.
Not only does she include vital information for newbies and easy to replicate recipes, but also gives recommendations for products when you are short on time and need to take some help from the store. Also, she uses ingredients that can be found without having to go on an international treasure hunt!
I think there is something for everyone in this book no matter where you are on your vegan journey or even if you are just looking to incorporate more meat and dairy free meals into your diet.
You can see the thought and effort that Candice and her husband have put into the production of this book. It's packed full of great information, delicious recipes, beautiful photos (so great that there are photos of the food - thank you for that!!) and anecdotes.
This cookbook is going on my kitchen counter because I know I will be referring to it that often! Congratulations on a job well done The Edgy Veg! I will definitely recommend this as a must have and can't wait for a second book from them!