- Save 15% on 【bluetooth speaker mp100-blue】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth speaker mp200-black】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth speaker mp270-black】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth speaker mp280-black】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth headphone w280bt-black】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth headphone w360bt-black】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth headphone w570bt-black】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 【bluetooth headphone w855bt-brown】 when you purchase 1 or more 【2.0 bookshelf speaker】 offered by Edifier Online Store. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Ac..." and save 30% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Active Near Field Monitors - Studio Monitor Speaker - Wooden Enclosure - 42 Watts RMS
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Retro Look Modern Sound
The R1280T has combined a retro look with a modern sense of audio quality. These speakers have a retro wood case look and grey speaker grills and are an ideal setup for any device that has an AUX or RCA connection. Connect easily to your computer, TV, phone and other devices.
A majority of our customers are using our R1280T for connecting their turntables for the best audio experience. Enjoy your classic vinyls while enjoying the advancements in modern day audio technology.
R1280T Back Panel
By looking at the back panel you can easily tell one of these is a passive speaker and one is an active speaker. The active speaker has two inputs located on the back. These inputs are perfect for RCA to RCA or RCA to AUX connections. Connect them to a PC, laptop, tablet, phone or record player. The speakers are connected to each other via regular speaker wire.
- 2 sets of RCA inputs work simultaneously
- Standard speaker wire between two speakers (included)
- Durable physical on/off switch
- 100-240v full range voltage input
Tone Control Built-in
The Edifier R1280T comes with built-in tone control at the side of active speaker. Depending on the preference, you can make micro adjustment of treble and bass from -6 to +6 db.
Digital volume control is automatically set to a comfortable level everytime the speakers are powered on.
A silver color mesh grill is included for each speaker. Customers have the option to use with or without the grills.
- 8' standard speaker cable
- 4' RCA to RCA cable
- 4' AUX (3.5mm) to RCA cable
A compact sized handy remote control is included. You can adjust the volume and set the speakers to mute when needed without having to reach the speakers.
Compare with similar items
Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field Studio Monitors - Powered Speakers 2.0 Setup Wooden Enclosure - 66w RMS
Micca MB42 Bookshelf Speakers With 4-Inch Carbon Fiber Woofer and Silk Dome Tweeter (Black, Pair)
Mackie CR Series CR3 - 3" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Pair)
Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers, Pair, Black
Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Edifier Online Store||Edifier Online Store||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Edifier Online Store|
|Color||—||Walnut||Black||Black||Black||wooden and black|
|Item Dimensions||9.45 x 6.89 x 5.71 in||9.1 x 8.35 x 9.84 in||5.8 x 6.5 x 9.5 in||5.5 x 6.2 x 8.2 in||6.5 x 7.25 x 10.63 in||8 x 11 x 13.5 in|
|Item Weight||10.8 lbs||14.55 lbs||0.04 ounces||9.4 lbs||8.25 lbs||18 lbs|
|Mount Type||Bookshelf||Bookshelf||Bookshelf||—||in_wall, bookshelf||Bookshelf|
|Speaker Type||Bookshelf||Wireless, Bookshelf||Surround||—||Surround||Wireless, Subwoofers, Bookshelf|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me start by saying that I purchased these as a hold over until I could justify tube amps and quality passive bookshelf speakers (Okay, I really mean wives approval) but these make me question even going down that road.
I was pleasantly surprised by the faithful sound reproduction, I mean I really wasn't expecting such full and rich sound from a $99 pair of speakers. I was so happy with them that I thought to myself that if the smaller R1280T is this good, what does the R1700BT sound like? Short answer... about the same but brighter. Yes it may reproduce lows better at lower volumes but I assure you that at 50-100% power it's hardly a noticeable difference and I prefer the warmer natural tweeter in the R1280T over it's more expensive big brother. I personally will be sending the R1700BT's back because the set I received is having some issues with the power switch. The R1700BT does have bluetooth and that alone can justify the additional cost, but you are also getting a larger amp as well making it a solid purchase. The looks of the R1700BT are modern compared to that of the R1280T being retro in my opinion. The R1700BT Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field Studio Monitors - Powered Speakers 2.0 Setup Wooden Enclosure - 66w RMS is a great speaker with bluetooth, more power and a great price. But for me it was not the softer more natural sounding performer that the R1280T is.
I did test these on my TV as well... Let me tell you that if you have a sound bar like I do (or should I say did), you have no idea of what you are missing. The money I spent on sound bars looking for the cleanest and easiest way to improve TV sound, I could have that tube amp set up a couple times over. However; it is kind of a pain since your TV remote cannot be programed to control the speakers, but if your TV has variable audio out you are golden! I like them so much I'll be ordering another set of these (R1280T's) for my TV.
I took some photos of the two side by side as there is really not much difference in size. The R1700BT was basically the same height and width but with a sloped front that brings the base out a bit further. IMO, unnecessarily extending the depth.
Either speaker is a winner in my opinion!
Set up: U-turn Orbit Special Turntable w/built-in preamp and these Edifier R1280T Powered speakers... End of set up, and I love it!
Originally I was looking at getting these Mackie CR3's:
Mackie CR3, 3" Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors
They have very good reviews, arent super large and appear to be high quality. While a minor thing, and not even close to the reason I chose the 1280T's, but I wasn't a fan of the green theme of the CR'3. My system is read and black themed, desk is dark brown wood grain, and most else is black.
Someone in the forums I mentioned brought up these Edifier 1280T's and I had never heard of them before. They also had relatively few reviews here. The reviews they did have though were good, specifically from the other 2 customers who mention the CR3's as well. Not being real into audio I figured if people vouch for the sound quality of both then I should consider all other factors.
The 1280T's are larger (4" vs 3") which depending on the space you have could be a plus or minus. For me I had enough room and figured if I could get bigger speakers for the same price I should consider it. Also the 1280T's have the controls on the side which I like, a elegant aesthetic to them that I think would fit in with more than the green of the CR3's, and they include a simple but useful remote. The 1280T's also have AUX RCA which I liked. The CR3's do have the ability to switch Right/Left however. I also like the front cover of the 1280T's.
I just got the 1280T's setup and the quality was noticeable as I was taking them out of the box. They have that weight all quality electronics have to them. Everything was packed reasonably well and 0 damage to any items in the box. Got them hooked up in a minute or 2 to my PC and was blown away at the sound quality, even at lower volumes. One of my problems prior with a cheap bullet speaker was that dialog was hard to hear. Not with these the vocals/dialog do not get muddled by the bass or mids.
Not being an audiophile the best I can do to describe the sound is to say its much more lifelike than any other speakers I have in my house or have heard when I'm out shopping. It sounds natural, not like I am listening to speakers. I am also hearing instruments and sounds that I did not before in various songs/media. I would 100% recommend these to anyone with the same budget and needs as me.
It was also recommended to me that I get a better cable than what comes with the speakers. This is the cable I got and while generally the cable doesnt matter to me the quality of this cable also impressed me.
Mediabridge 3.5mm Male to 2-Male RCA Adapter (12 Feet) - Step Down Design - (Part# MPC-35-2XRCA-12 )
I dont think you can go wrong with these. For what its worth Im sure the CR3's are not bad either, they may even be better in some ways, but I am very satisfied with the 1280T's.
Most recent customer reviews
This is a wonderful music/entertainment speaker.Read more