Edimax CV-7428nS 300Mbps Wireless N300 5-Port Universal Wi-Fi Media Bridge for Smart TV, Blu-ray Players and Gaming Consoles
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Convert any Ethernet enabled devices into Wireless devices including printers, NAS, set-top boxes, TV and Game machines and eliminate long cables
- HDTV video streaming. Works with network enabled Blu-ray players, Smart TVs, DVRs, and game consoles
- One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) wireless connection. Features iQ Setup and WPS for smart, automatic and quick installation
- Universal Wi-Fi Bridge, Connect up to 5 devices to a high-performance wireless 11n network
- Up to 300Mbps Wireless 11n data transfer rate, 5 Ethernet ports, 2 external Antennas for longer wireless coverage
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Edimax CV-7428nS N300 Wireless bridge is a universal 300 Mbps Wireless Media Bridge that connect up to 5 devices to a high-performance wireless n network. Complies with wireless IEEE 802.11b/g/n standards, with data rates up to 300Mbps. Converts wired LAN to wireless, and may also upgrade existing low-speed 802.11b/g devices to faster 802.11n speed. Equipped with five 10/100Mbps Ethernet ports, to connect to devices such as smart TVs, Blu-ray/DVD players, game consoles, DVRs, PCs, and set-top boxes. Hardware WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button allows easy installation into existing home wireless networking environments. Simply press the WPS button on the device and the home wireless router. Features user-friendly browser-based iQ Setup for smart, automatic and quick installation. Previously problematic settings can be completed with just a few clicks. Supports various wireless encryptions protocols, including WEP 64/128 bit, WPA and WPA2. Supports IEEE802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and implements wireless green technology, which can reduce power consumption by 40% to 80%, by adjusting power to wired and wireless connections depending on usage. External antenna with longer wireless distances. Equipped with external dipole antennas for better wireless transmission range and coverage. The device can be placed in a living room far away from the wireless router, yet still provide smooth Internet video and online gaming experiences. Convert Wired Ethernet to Wireless and eliminate cables. Package Contents: Edimax CV-7428nS Universal Wireless bridge, Quick Install Guide, CD with multi-language QIG and User Manual, One RJ45 Ethernet Cable, Access Key card.
Top Customer Reviews
The unit itself is small, but powerful. It connects up to five devices...I had three devices connected and each worked flawlessly. It allowed me to remove my printer from the living room (since it is only ethernet capable, no wifi ability) and move it next to my computers. This also eliminated the need for running an ugly cable from the living room into the office for internet.
The setup was extremely easy. A WPS enabled router took about 5 seconds and I also tried the method for older routers. This method took a little longer, but I was up and running within minutes.
This device is perfect for someone wanting to have internet connection to wired only devices. The wireless data rate is quick because of b/g/n capability and its 2 antennas.
I've used Edimax products in the past and I know they are of great quality and if you have an issue, customer service is very quick to respond. Anytime I've emailed them about an issue, I always have a reply with a solution the next time I check my email.
This is perfect for someone wanting to cut the cord and have the flexibility to make those wired devices, computers, printers into wireless units.
Great product by a fantastic company.
A few things to note during setup:
0) Setup has 2 parts: a) Initial Setup; b) Final setup - this requires you enter the setup utility 2 times.
1) If you hide your wireless SID (like I do), you will not be able to use WPS ~ I think this is a known fact but stating in event you are not aware (and to save you some head banging)
2) Connect the device directly to your computer via an ethernet cable. Don't connect through a router or you will not be able to get into the configuration screen of the device
3) Suggest you immediately update the firmware once you are able to connect to the device (prior to full configuration). Firmware upgrade will clear out all settings so do it first
4) After initial configuration (which makes the bridge known to your router and network) don't forget to go back into setup and "configure" the other settings of the bridge such as administrator password, etc.