|Wireless Type||802.11n, 802.11b, 802.11a, 802.11g|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
Edimax EW-7833UAC AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter, Supports Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Mac and Linux
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 11AC Super Fast Wi-Fi speed: next generation AC1750 Wi-Fi for HD streaming and gaming with transfer speeds up to 450Mbps (2. 4GHz) or 1300Mbps (5GHz)
- Usb 3. 0 interface enables the USB Adapter to achieve the super Fast speeds which 802. 11AC can provide
- Beam forming technology: with beam forming directional signals support, Wi-Fi performance is dramatically improved with better reliability, range and coverage and less wasted signals
- High performance with 3T3R MIMO technology: three transmitter antennas and three Receiver antennas MIMO technology for optimized performance
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/8. 1/10 - Mac OS 10. 710. 13- Linux Kernel 2. 64. 4 (support the distribution by Ubuntu & Fedora, others by request)
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10
- Support Mac OS 10.7 ~ 10.13
- Supports Linux Kernal 2.6 ~ 4.4 (Support the distribution by ubuntu & Fedora, others by request)
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type A
- 3 x Antennas (3T3R MIMO).
- Secure Wi-Fi: Features 64 / 128 - bit WEP, WPA & WPA2 encryption for high level of security
AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi USB 3.0 Adapter with 180-degree Adjustable Antenna
Super-speed 802.11ac dual-band routers are on the market but wireless devices are still stuck with 802.11n technology. Upgrade your wireless device to dual-band 802.11ac with the fastest possible USB 3.0 connectivity for blistering Wi-Fi speeds on the interference 5Ghz frequency band. The EW-7833UAC’s high performance 3T3R MIMO technology provides super-high speeds up to 1300Mbps and is backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n wireless devices.
- High Performance with 3T3R MIMO Technology.
- 11ac Super Fast Wi-Fi Speed.
- Easy One-Click Wireless Connections.
- Beamforming Technology.
- Dual-Band Connectivity.
High Performance 3T3R MIMO Technology
The EW-7833UAC features multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) antenna technology with 3 transmitter antennas and 3 receiver antennas to optimize data speeds for the wireless performance.
Ultimate Speed with 802.11ac..
Directional Signal Targeting.
For HD Steams & Gaming.
10x Faster Than USB 2.0
EW-7833UAC USB Adapter Possible Embedded Applications
Medical Device Integration
Kitchen Solution Integration
Time Clock Integration
IoT Sensor Integration
|Wi-Fi Speed||1300Mbps + 450Mbps||867Mbps + 300Mbps||867Mbps + 300Mbps||867Mbps + 300Mbps|
|Antenna||3 Internal + 1 External 180° Adjustable Foldaway||1 Internal + 1 External 180° Adjustable Foldaway||2 Internal||2 Internal|
Edema EW-7833UAC AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi USB 3. 0 adapter with 180-degree adjustable antenna
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I've had to adjust my router down to channel 48 but all the channels 48 and under have a ton of other WiFi networks on them (I'm in an apartment complex with ~10 neighbors in typical wifi range) which slows down my home wifi, thus taking away from the benefit of having this faster wifi adapter.
Hopefully a firmware update is released that fixes this issue, because it works great otherwise.
Guess its down to Best Buy to find something that can actually be installed on a plain Jane Dell XPS.
I searched around online and see a lot of other people with the same issue - extremely slow speeds, unreliable connection, and drivers getting into a bad state. The issues are much worse if you have Windows 10 anniversary edition (1607) or newer which came out 2016. In one post I saw, Edimax acknowledged the issue and said a fix was on the way. That post was over a year old.
Throwing this away and buying something more reliable.
I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard with an Ivy Bridge 3550. Nothing amazing, but nothing exotic...it should work fine with this.
Top international reviews
I am a Linux user and it does say that Linux is supported on the box and on the the web site.
But it won't install by itself and if you follow the instruction from the web site, it will not work, I found the solution elsewhere. I still gave them 3 stars because Linux is not a big market for them
But once install, it flies, and it is rock solid.
Ed L. McQuarters
Seemed to work but did not help my connection.(could be because my connection is good and i have rarely multiple items at the same time. wanted to see if it would make a difference for streaming and my ps4 gaming but none seen, again because my connection is always good.)
i would recommend it if you have a bad connection or have multiple items connected at once on a base of the line wifi router.
Would not recommend this product for Linux users.
There is essentially nothing to dislike about this adapter so far. I love it.
I can only give it 4 stars as I feel it’s a bit pricey compared to its competitors.