Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on November 29, 2012
Having worked with a range of developmentally disabled kids and adults, I found this documentary to be a good representation of many of the challenges of dealing with these life issues. The DVD shows an early example of integrating DD kids into regular classrooms, showing both what works and what doesn't. For those who might be interested, HBO made a follow up to this called "Graduating Peter", that delves into more of the long term issues for both Peter and his parents. Although practices have evolved and improved a lot since this series came out, it's still a relevant case study, and highlights many of the challenges facing DD people, their families, and their communities.
2 helpful votes
on May 17, 2010
I purchased this video in preparation for my 9yo son with DS entering the U.S. public school system for the first time as he had been schooled overseas all this time. We love the video and related very well with Peter's parents. My son loves watching this video and I have shared this with my son's caregivers and teachers and therapists as well. Though every child is unique, this video I think gives a good idea of what the experience may be like for teachers and peers to have a child/kid with special needs in a regular classroom setting, especially from a behavior management standpoint, social as well as academic goals and objectives over the course of a school year. This is a great documentary that I highly recommend to others!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on December 31, 2015
A great resource for Early Intervention students.
on May 23, 2014
Very educational, and a great learning tool for my children and myself, DVD was in very good condition. Loved it.
on January 29, 2015
Great for my classes.
on July 19, 2010
Excellent teaching tool in our High School class of Tutors in training. Lead to classroom discussion and a much broader understanding of individuals with special needs.
2 helpful votes