Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
on January 2, 2007
This game has literally taken over my life. We are the type of family that does not eat in front of the TV or play during meals. Rather, we enjoy conversation during dinnertime. We now find ourselves eating WHILE playing "Travel" Blokus. (The plastic pieces are easily washable). My five-year-old picked up the game quickly, since there is only one rule - your pieces must only touch at the corners. While this seems simplistic there is so much strategy behind each move. If you think you know where you are going to put your next piece, you better have a back up plan, or seven, because your opponent can inadvertently or strategically kill your game plan. It is challenging for adults and children and is highly recommended to teach your child spatial reasoning (will later help them in the area of mathematics) and is somewhat similar to Tetris in the way that you have to look at a shape and understand how it can fit in a space by manipulating the shape (upside-down, backward, sideways, etc.)

Everyone who I have played this game with (other adults) was not been able to play just once, or even ten times for that matter. I now have friends dropping by just for a game. The reason I went with the "Travel" version, which as someone pointed out is not really a travel version as it is a two-person version, is that the regular Blokus game is only for 2 OR 4 players and from the reviews I read, the two-player game on the regular Blokus game is not as fun and challenging. With a smaller board this game is truly meant for two-players, and is usually the amount of people who want to play a game in our house. If we ever have four players in our house the next player challenges the winner of the previous game.

As a side note, my five-year-old wins about 50% of the time... a university degree doesn't not necessarily guarantee success.
My wife and I tend to like games that "take a minute to lean and a lifetime to master." This two-person version of the standard Blokus game is great. I prefer the full-size version with four people, but it can be confusing to play a two-person game with the full-size board (and all four colors). This is the only true two-person version of Blokus and it happens to also be the "travel version" so you can take it with you. This game is a lot of fun and never gets boring!
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2008
I love this game. I wish my kids liked it more -- they do like it but not as much as I do.

We had the original Blokus for several months and enjoyed it quite a bit, but you really need four players, and it was rare we had exactly that many wishing to play. You can play with fewer but only if one or more players plays two colors. The original doesn't work at all if you just leave one of the colors out.

So Travel Blokus was a great addition -- it only has two colors and therefore can be played by just two people.

So we have both -- the original for full family fun, and travel Blokus for when I can only talk ONE of my children into playing this with me.

I will add that if you are a Blokus Master you will find that you need to retune your strategies for this game. The smaller board and fewer colors requires a different approach if you want to CRUSH YOUR OPPONENT. Or, you know, be able to defend yourself against a whiz-kid 8 year old.
on July 4, 2017
I ordered this while I was overseas and just got home to open it today. Unfortunately for me the return window was end of April because I'm missing one piece! It's also not mint condition since some of the pieces have chipped edges.
review image
on March 27, 2008
First, I should say I have never played regular Blokus. That out of the way, we really did enjoy Travel Blokus. I was searching for a quick-to-learn strategy game for only two players. I purchased this (along with Othello - also recommended, but more difficult in my opinion) to fill that need. Travel Blokus was simple to learn, and each game only takes 10-30 minutes, depending on how long you agonize over your moves.

The reason I give it 4 stars instead of five is Semantics. The game is called "Travel" Blokus, and I defy anyone to try to use this successfully and without losing pieces (which would make the whole game useless) in a car or on a plane. "Two Player" Blokus would be a much better title.
on June 27, 2016
Fun game to play with even really young kids (4 & 5) by letting them "touch their color" not ONLY on the corners as instructions say for more advanced players. They 'get it' and love the faster pace. We call it "speed Blokus".
on January 12, 2008
After playing the standard Blokus game, which I love, I decided to try the travel version. I thought it would probably not be as much fun but it definitely is just as much fun, so if you're in my situation and usually have only one other person with whom to play, definitely try this version. It's every bit as challenging as the 4 person game. The quality of the pieces is very high, and the pieces are the same size and shapes as the regular Blokus game. I'm not sure why it was named Travel Blokus because it's not magnetic but the pieces do stay put on the ridged board, just as they do in the regular Blokus. It's a great game, both the concept and the build quality. I highly recommend it.
on May 30, 2017
Prices are missing - spent 100 bucks on the game...
on December 1, 2016
Perfect traveling game for two people. Arrived in perfect condition.
on September 4, 2007
I agree with the other reviewers that this is a great, fun, and challenging games for all ages (our kids are 7 and 10 and love it). I chose to get the travel version because it can be played by only 2 players. I was a little disappointed that it didn't come with a storage case for all the little pieces, which I can easily imagine getting lost. But I still highly recommend the game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.