Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EDUCATIONAL INSIGHTS BBQ BLITZ!
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on September 18, 2013
I have toddlers and my kids LOVE the Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel game made by the same company. We bought the BBQ Blitz game because we saw a flyer inside the squirrel game box and it looked like a lot of fun. There is no skill (other than having speed) or taking turns in this game. The directions are simply to be the fastest to build your burgers. It's over in a minute or two. We played the game ONE time and my daughter said she didn't like it and they honestly never wanted to play again. The pieces are super cute, but it's not a game worth buying in my opinion. The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game, however, is an awesome first game for toddlers!
on April 24, 2013
I work with children with autism and I alter the game for several different children's abilities. Some kids love the racing aspect and for some kids I modify it to work on turn taking and matching. Also I was able to use it for thematic play. We sat up a table with dolls and pretended that to take orders for hamburgers. We pretended to cook on the grill and prepared their hamburger. I like that the game board is the box (one less thing to worry about) and it's sturdy. One downfall is that there are less hamburgers buns than patties (for the racing aspect of it) so that's a downfall if you want to modify the game. Very cute game!
As a pediatric occupational therapist, I like using this game with my young clients as it teaches them to match, sequence, and focus as well as addresses fine motor skills, especially forearm rotation and motor planning.
--Lindsey Biel, OTR/L, Author Sensory Processing Challenges: Effective Clinical Work with Kids & Teens and coauthor, Raising a Sensory Smart Child
on January 14, 2016
This game is fun, and I am glad we got it, but there's not a lot of repeat play value for my 8 and 10 year old girls. We play through the variations that are suggested in the game, make up our own, and then the girls just use the burger pieces as play food. I do like that you use spatulas to move the pieces since that's a necessary skill in life.
on January 5, 2015
Gave this to my 3-year-old son, and he loves it--but not as a game! We gave him a children's barbecue set (including plastic food) along with this for his birthday. We didn't have a chance to play the game, because he immediately started "barbecuing" these burgers! He loved filling the entire grill with the little burgers, even standing them up between the grates. Although the barbecue set and most of the game stayed at my house, he took some of the little burgers home with him because he liked them so much!
on February 27, 2015
I read lots of other reviews indicating that the concept of the game wasn't too impressive, so I waited until Amazon had it on sale and it's good thing I did because it's not worth more than what I paid. When I got it out, my four year old daughter said, "But what else does it do?" Indeed. The graphics are cute but the game itself didn't hold her attention for long and she played pretend with the burgers and buns more than anything.
on December 27, 2014
I am a pediatric occupational therapist, and I love this game! I've used this game with diverse populations in various settings (school-based, early intervention, and in community integration programs); it's a big hit! My clients frequently request to play this game, and they are motivated to play it multiple times! I've used it to develop visual motor and perceptual skills, forearm control (palm-up to palm-down movements), and have modified it to target hand/finger strengthening.
on February 3, 2015
I am a speech therapist who uses games a lot. My kids love this game, even though I change the rules. We do more of a matching game. Kids love naming the different things they put on burgers, what is on the burgers used in the game, etc. My favorite was when a little kiddo with autism called the mustard "worms" repeatedly.

Great company!
on January 5, 2015
Christmas gift for grandsons ages six and two and a half years. They thoroughly enjoyed it! The younger one liked building a burger and flipping them with the spatula. Our elder one understood how to play the game with some adult interaction. Perfect for younger children not any choking hazards.
on March 9, 2016
This game has the potential to be so much better! The box the game comes in doubles as the play area. It's a great quality and looks like a grill so my 4 year old was very excited (he won't let anyone touch it without a spatula!) The spatulas are a great quality, very sturdy and look like they will last a long time. They are even rounded at the back so the patties and buns nest in, helping less than sturdy hands still be successful in the game. The patties are solid and are made out of a rubber-like plastic. The don't slide around on the spatula and look and feel more like a real patty! The buns, however, are hollow and made out of a light plastic. They are very sturdy, I don't think they could be crushed but they are so light that they are much more difficult to pick up with the spatula. This adds another layer of difficulty to the game which is great for different levels ability. My biggest complaint is that there are only 12 buns. If you have 4 children that all just want to complete their burgers, it's not going to happen. This really only allows for 3 players if you use this in a non competitive setting (group therapy for instance). My son also likes to use this for free play and is frustrated that he can't complete all the orders. My only other qualm is that the game could have been so much better for extending the play as well as the educational value. The plates could have been two sided with different combinations of orders or there could have been pretend orders included that allowed for stacking tall burgers and making patterns. The quality is great, but because of the lack of additional materials and 4 fewer buns, I'm only giving this 4 stars.

See 1 answered question