Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.00 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. My First Microscope
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.39. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$4.40 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- View anything at up to 8x magnification
- Preschoolers can see magnified, hidden worlds with ease thanks to 2 extra-large eyepieces. (Plus, there's no need to close one eye!)
- Fully functional dissecting microscope allows for up-close examination of rocks, leafs, and more - no slides needed!
- Features 8x magnification (use the chunky focusing knob to adjust), LED light for enhanced viewing, non-skid feed, and sample tray
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (Sold separately)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
GeoSafari Jr. My First Microscope
Get little learners excited about science and introduce them to the miracles of magnification with My First Microscope! Magnify any small object—flat or three-dimensional—at 8x with this real, working microscope designed especially for preschoolers.
Psst, They’re Learning
- Encourages scientific exploration and observation.
- Rewards curiosity and inspires a love of science.
- Introduction to scientific tools.
The Nitty-Gritty: Key Features
- 8x Magnification microscope.
- 2 Extra-large, easy-focus eyepieces (no need to close one eye).
- Easy-to-use durable focus knob.
- No slides required.
- LED light for brighter, enhanced views.
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included).
Even the littlest learners can engage with the world around them through STEM play. Exploration and discovery can help kiddos acquire important skills in key areas of early childhood development.
Kiddos can learn more about the world at large through up-close observation an essential element of the scientific method.
Give young scientists the confidence they’ll need to succeed with real scientific tools that are designed for safety and built kid-tough.
Designed by a scientist and mother of two preschoolers, GeoSafari Jr. My First Microscope allows kids to see magnified hidden worlds with ease! This fully functional microscope is a real tool with a range of magnification (2.5x–8x) designed with a preschooler in mind. Magnified views can be challenging for little ones to understand, so by starting with the 2.5x view (with the focusing knob turned as far away from your child as it will go), your preschooler can orient herself to the item she’s viewing, and as she turns the focusing knob towards herself, she can gradually pull away to an 8x view. The wide field of view of these lower magnifications is critical to little ones’ understanding. My First Microscope also features two extra-large eyepieces (no need to close one eye!) and a chunky, kid-sized focusing knob. A bright LED with easy push-button action lights up details for even more discoveries. Requires 3 AAA batteries (not included).
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||XU ZHU||Gorilla Scientific||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.3 x 10 x 6 in||8 x 5.5 x 10 in||6.5 x 8.2 x 5.2 in||2.9 x 8.8 x 4.7 in||3.5 x 6.5 x 9 in||10 x 3.8 x 13 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The GeoSafari Jr.'s My First Microscope is a great educational toy to introduce young children to science. Why?
- Super simple to operate and meant for younger kids. I think this is for kids 5 and under because of its simplicity. :)
- The rubbery knob makes it easier for young kids to grasp and turn.
- The 2 extra-large viewing eyepieces are great for those little eyes. My 3 year old daughter didn't have a hard time peeking through the eyepieces.
- The stage light helps to brighten the stage and to see the specimen (toys, flowers, coins, etc.) better if it's a bit dark.
- The stage light doesn't have an automatic off button. I do prefer toys to have an automatic shut-off feature because my daughters almost always forgets to turn their electronic toys off. On the brighter side, they can learn how to be responsible in turning off the light in their My First Microscope.
- The stage is big enough to accomodate small and big specimens, again I'm referring to toys, flowers, crayons, etc. Don't expect to fit a book or a playhouse on the stage! LOL. Bigger things means a whole flower, a Barbie doll, a cookie or the likes. :)
- The microscope is made out of plastic and is light enough to be carried around by my 3 year old. It's perfect to bring on the go because it only comes in 1 piece.
Did I see something I don't like with the GeoSafari Jr.'s My First Microscope?
I actually like it because it's a great educational toy which introduces early science. I just wish the stage light has an automatic shut-off function because my daughters don't really remember turning their toys off.
* I was sent a sample in exchange for an honest review.