Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Educational Insights Hot Dots Jr. Let's Master Kindergarten Reading Set, Homeschool & Kindergarten Readiness, 2 Books & Interactive Pen, 100 Math Lessons, Ages 5+
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$8.95 (36%)|
|Age Range Description||5+ years|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||9.38 x 1.88 x 8.25 inches|
|Number of Pieces||1|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Give your kids the jump-start they need for academic success with this fun, interactive Hot Dots Jr. set and Ace—the Talking, Teaching Dog pen
- Includes 2 sturdy spiral-bound books with 100 lessons each and interactive electronic pen
- Lessons cover letter recognition, reading readiness, phonics, sight words, punctuation, grammar, and more.
- Also includes 15 challenges for next-level skill prep!
- Hot Dots makes the perfect activity to get ready for school! Or keep kids engaged, entertained, and learning while being at home
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Hot Dots Jr. Let's Master Kindergarten Reading
It's on the spot fun with Hot Dots Jr.! This two-book set includes Ace—the Talking, Teaching Dog pen and 100 age-appropriate lessons covering a variety of reading and language arts skills from sight words to punctuation. Kindergarteners simply press Ace to any answer dot for immediate audio and visual feedback. Plus, 15 challenge activities prepare children for skills at the next grade level.
- Helps develop reading and language arts skills.
- Offers opportunity for playful, interactive learning.
- Provides confidence-building feedback.
- Provides ample practice time.
- Encourages independent, self-paced learning.
The Nitty-Gritty: Key Features
- 85 Kindergarten-level lessons including Letter Recognition, Reading Readiness, Phonics, Sight Words, and Punctuation and Grammar—Plus 15 challenge reading lessons for advanced learners.
- Set includes 2 sturdy, spiral-bound books and interactive Ace—the Talking, Teaching Dog pen.
- Ace pen requires 2 AAA batteries (not included).
These two-book sets with included Hot Dots Ace - The Talking, Teaching Dog pen provide children with 100 lessons on a variety of reading and language arts skills appropriate for kindergarten, from simple comprehension and vocabulary to spelling and punctuation. Fifteen of the 100 lessons are challenge activities that prepare children for skills at the next grade level. Includes two 50-page books, total of 100 lessons, Hot Dots pen, requires 2 AAA batteries (not included).
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I also purchased the Kindergarten Math set, but we haven't tried it, yet. I'm sure it will be just as big a hit, though.
I wasn't sure whether the Kindergarten level would be too simple for her, since she was halfway through her Kindergarten year and can already identify over 100 sight words, is very familiar with her phonics, can add, subtract, count to over 100, pattern easily, and work out many words she doesn't know, but I decided to start with these because the 1st grader sets don't have Ace the puppy pen and I knew she would really love that pen. Also, I figured there's no harm in review, and it will only build her confidence. Turns out it was a good call. She flew through the first booklet, but by the middle of the second one she was encountering more challenging problems. Now she self-limits her time with Hot Dots to about 10-15 min sessions. Perfect!
I had a hard time visualizing how the set works before I ordered it. When you push the pen tip, it retracts a bit. If the pen tip is not pressed onto the correct dot on the page it gives a cheerful negative response. It will also do this if you just press the tip with your finger, or on any surface. When it is pressed on the correct dot, it makes exciting, encouraging sounds which alternate randomly. After 3 correct answers in a row, the Ace pen vibrates and giggles. Kids totally dig it! Each page has four or five simple problems. Many of them can be figured out just by looking at the pictures. The book and pages are rigid and durable enough for the homeschool environment, but in a classroom setting, I could see this getting worn out fairly quickly. I imagine it would be better suited for a Centers Activity, being rotated in and out of circulation to prolong its life.
You do need a hard surface to use this, so keep that in mind if you want it for traveling. Each book is about the size of a CD case. I will definitely be purchasing the 1st grade books, and probably the Pete the Cat set, too, just for fun. My daughter will turn 6 in a couple of months.
I was not asked to review this product, nor did I receive any special discounts for my review. I decided to try it based purely on other reviews and the available images.
-hoping to update again