Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

I am all about games that are not only fun for my husband and I but that we can also play with our boys who are 3 and 4. Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel is one of those games. First off, the sturdy box it comes it actually acts as part of the gameboard, which is nice. There is no money to deal with or cards to read either which makes it perfect for young kids. The object of the game is to fill your log with all five colored acorns to feed the hungry squirrels in the winter!

To play the game all you do is give each player a log piece which they have to fill with five acorns, dump all the acorns in the game box and then each player takes turn spinning the spinner to see what their move should be. The spots on the spinner are relatively simple: Pick an acorn of a specific color, Pick any 1 acorn, Pick any 2 acorns, Steal an acorn from another player, Skip your turn, and Loose all your acorns. You use adorable squirrel plastic tweezers, which are very simple and perfect for little hands.

Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel is a game perfect for preschoolers to develop matching skills, develop fine motor skills, social skills of taking turns and strategic thinking skills. Kids are not only learning their colors, but learning decision making as they pick which acorn they need and learn good sportsmanship when their turn is skipped. It really is a cute game perfect for both boys and girls. My boys love the squirrel tweezers the best!
22 comments| 498 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2016
What a cute & fun board game! My toddler daughter likes playing it but is the biggest sore loser :D I'm glad that she's starting to understand that she can be a winner and loser and that something can still be fun even if you lose. The board game is pretty easy to understand that even my 3-year old understands how to play. She's still getting her head around when it's her turn and why someone would steal from her acorn stash but it's a really good tool that teaches patience and a bit of strategy. Overall great game!
on July 22, 2015
My three young kids enjoy this game. It only takes a minute to learn the rules and they are easy to understand. On your turn you spin the spinner then use the squirrel shaped tweezers to pick up an acorn and put it in the log, steal an acorn from another player, lose your turn, or lose all your acorns (depending on where the spinner lands). The first player to get every color and fill their 'log' wins. Tweezing acorns and placing them in the logs is a good activity for developing dexterity.

There isn't much strategy here so adults and older (5+) kids will find the game boring, but the point of this game is developing motor and cognition skills for young kids.
on November 26, 2016
Great for game nights with young children! My family has always enjoyed board games, but with very little children in our crew we are always on the look out for games they can join in without a lot of help. This game and others by Educational Insights are our go to choices to start of family game night, they are easy to learn, quick games, that require no reading skills to play (also a plus for when grandparents join in as they won't have to strain their eyes to read game cards)and that older kids and adults won't find torturous to play. Playing these games gives little ones the chance to learn coping skills for disappointments and frustrations in a light hearted setting- being sad about losing a turn or having someone steal your acorn, but quickly realizing that you will get it back fairly quickly has helped my little ones deal with having to take turns of wait for mom a whole lot easier. I also appreciate that they are working to develop fine motor skills needed to handwriting without even realizing it! Highly recommended for board game loving families with small children!
on April 27, 2017
I think this is such a great game for the 2-5 age range. My 2 littles can play together but adapt the rules to their own level. My 2 year old has a bit of a hard time with the tweezers because they are so huge but he still has fun trying!
on May 25, 2017
Purchased this as a gift for a friends son who turned 3. My 2 yr old begged to play so I wound up keeping it and buying a second one. The game is perfect for her age. It simple enough, quick turns which holds their attention span, teaches colors, turn taking, fine motor skills, celebrating wins & opponent wins. Can't say enough good things about it! We play it over and over.
on April 22, 2017
We started off playing this game because of Chick-fil-a! My daughter loved the slapping card game and I looked up Educational Insights to see if there where any other games. We picked out this one and Raccoon Rumpus. My 4 year old daughter and I spent 2 hours playing both of these games tonight! They were easy to explain, fun to play and educational! I'll be ordering more games soon!
on June 20, 2015
My husband and I have played this game a couple of times with our 2.5 year old daughter, and we all love it!! Sometimes she uses the squirrel tweezers, sometimes she just uses her fingers. But she understands the concept of filling your tree stump to win, taking turns, spins the spinner by herself, etc. It is colorful and wonderfully tactile (the acorns have a bit of squishy "grip" to them) and doesn't take too long, so it effectively holds my daughter's attention, and I think she enjoys the independence of having her own tree stump, spinning the spinner herself, and collecting her own stash of acorns.

I ordered the Count Your Chickens cooperative game at the same time as this, and we've also played that one. It wasn't nearly as fun. We'll try it again, but it didn't "click" the way that Sneaky Snacky Squirrel did, and was rather anticlimactic. Sneaky Snacky Squirrel is the epitome of a beginner board game, and I'm so thrilled to have a new family activity in which my 2 year old is an equal and independent player.
on January 5, 2017
I work with young children and I absolutely love this game. It's a cute game that young and old kids can enjoy.

With the 3 year old we had fun snatching each others acorns and laughed when they blew away. The squirrel tweezers are enjoyable for the toddlers to tack the acorns with. You can extend play by using two stumps also.

The 2 year old I played with struggled a little more but still really enjoyed the game. I adjusted the rules and gave him more leeway. I allowed him to grab the acorns and place them on my stump to help develop his fine motor skills.

I'm going to introduce the game to a 6 year old soon and might adjust this review to include how that went. I'm sure she'll love it though.

The items in the game are high quality and can be used for play in other ways too. It might be fun to bring out a bunch of pom poms or harder to grasp items for the squirrel to pick up. ;)
on March 25, 2017
Our family has played this game for a couple years. We like it so much that we have given it as a gift twice to others! It's a great first game for kids as young as 2-3, and then I'd say it's still a fun game until they are about 6-7 or so! Great for building muscles & coordination in their little hands. It's certainly one of our favorite games!