Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,579 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,848 reviews
on January 3, 2017
So this game has something to teach children and adults. It focuses on fine motor skills, using the large pincer device to pick up the acorns and place them in the holes (upright).

The acorns have to be oriented correctly and stay in the hole, so it takes smaller children a very long time to get it correct. For parents, this teaches patience. Lots and lots of patience. We are so used to stepping in and taking over when a child can't do something quickly the first time. Also, there's a tornado that makes all the acorns get returned so the child (or adult) has to start all over again. Lastly, theres a move where you get to take someone else's pieces as well. All in all, there's a lot of gameplay where the children is faced with having to play by the rules and loose their pieces. This can really teach some life lessons about fairness.
on October 6, 2016
What a cute & fun board game! My toddler daughter likes playing it but is the biggest sore loser :D I'm glad that she's starting to understand that she can be a winner and loser and that something can still be fun even if you lose. The board game is pretty easy to understand that even my 3-year old understands how to play. She's still getting her head around when it's her turn and why someone would steal from her acorn stash but it's a really good tool that teaches patience and a bit of strategy. Overall great game!
on December 4, 2016
I purchased this game after my daughter came back from a friend's house after playing. It's a great game for early learning, teaching color matching, making decisions on what colored acorns to choose to file out the log, taking turns, and with us, having fun no matter who wins, because in the end, it's all about the fun for little kids, and this game is a game of spinning and chance.

We love this this game!!
on September 14, 2016
The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game is the perfect first game for a toddler/preschooler. It is a wonderful game that will teach your child some important skills necessary to play board games. Your toddler will learn to wait for her turn, she will learn that sometimes we win and sometimes we lose, and that each game has rules that we need to follow in order to play.

My two year old toddler along with her seven year old sister and nine year old brother are able to play this game without fighting. Each game is the perfect duration for an active toddler and a Mom who may not have the time or patience to have to play referee for a longer game.

To play: Your child will flick the spinner and watch as the spinner stops on an image. Kids love playing with spinners! The images state whether they should pick up acorns, which color, whether the wind blows all your acorns away or whether you can be a sneaky squirrel and steal an acorn from another player. The stealing from another player always seems to bring out these cute little giggles from the player with that sneaky little squirrel. The other player, therefore needs to learn to not have a meltdown when this happens. (Trust me, with three kids I've seen my fair share of board game meltdowns.) I think that because each game doesn't take that long to play the kids know they can play more and more so that even if they don't win round one they have many other chances. Whereas, a game like Sorry that takes forever to play is their only chance at being the winner. This is definitely something I consider when purchasing board games.

I love that the acorns also make a great manipulative which you can also use for teaching math skills through a hands on way.
This game also teaches educational skills such as one on one correspondence, colors, numbers and matching. I love that my child is working on her visual perception and fine motor skills by picking up the acorns with the squirrel tongs.

Quality: I purchased this game when my 7 year old was 2... so I've had it for a good five years and it is still going strong!

Cons: Due to the shape and size of the box, it is actually sort of hard to figure out where to store this in the house. It is a bit bulky and so I normally have to lay it into a shelf that is deep enough to fit the box. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that experienced this, it seems organizing is so much easier with square/rectangular boxes.

Final Verdict: After going through thousands of toys with my three kids, I can definitely say this one is a keeper. It would make a wonderful gift for a 2, 3 or 4 year old boy or girl!
review image review image
on July 23, 2017
The concept of the game is wonderful. We have so much fun with my 2 year old grandson. It has taught him taking turns, using numbers and colors and even good sportsmanship when he lands on the wind and loses all his acorns and when another player gets to sneak away one of his acorns.
The only thing I would change is the quality of the spinner. The cardboard is too flimsy and the arrow tends to land on the same space multiple times.
review image
on July 22, 2015
My three young kids enjoy this game. It only takes a minute to learn the rules and they are easy to understand. On your turn you spin the spinner then use the squirrel shaped tweezers to pick up an acorn and put it in the log, steal an acorn from another player, lose your turn, or lose all your acorns (depending on where the spinner lands). The first player to get every color and fill their 'log' wins. Tweezing acorns and placing them in the logs is a good activity for developing dexterity.

There isn't much strategy here so adults and older (5+) kids will find the game boring, but the point of this game is developing motor and cognition skills for young kids.
on May 14, 2017
My five year old daughter loves this game. It's easy to play and perfect for pre reading players. I appreciate that the game was designed to help teach colors and work on fine motor skills. My daughter doesn't need my help to play this game with a friend, which is nice for the preschool age.
on August 26, 2017
I bought this as a present for my 4 year old nephew and he loves it. He even gets my 6 yr old and 9 yr old to play with him. It's a great way to teach kids how to deal with when things don't quite go your way as there are times a player may have to return all their pieces to the start. The little tongs to pick up the pieces can be challenging but he is surprisingly patient in trying to master the tongs.
on November 26, 2016
Great for game nights with young children! My family has always enjoyed board games, but with very little children in our crew we are always on the look out for games they can join in without a lot of help. This game and others by Educational Insights are our go to choices to start of family game night, they are easy to learn, quick games, that require no reading skills to play (also a plus for when grandparents join in as they won't have to strain their eyes to read game cards)and that older kids and adults won't find torturous to play. Playing these games gives little ones the chance to learn coping skills for disappointments and frustrations in a light hearted setting- being sad about losing a turn or having someone steal your acorn, but quickly realizing that you will get it back fairly quickly has helped my little ones deal with having to take turns of wait for mom a whole lot easier. I also appreciate that they are working to develop fine motor skills needed to handwriting without even realizing it! Highly recommended for board game loving families with small children!
on April 27, 2017
I think this is such a great game for the 2-5 age range. My 2 littles can play together but adapt the rules to their own level. My 2 year old has a bit of a hard time with the tweezers because they are so huge but he still has fun trying!