Edward C. Baig
Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Edward C. Baig
Edward C. Baig is the Personal Technology columnist for USA TODAY and is the cohost of USA TODAY's weekly "Talking Tech" podcast. He contributes other tech-related features, appears on radio and TV, and often moderates technology panels at trade shows. Ed is also the coauthor of iPhone For Dummies.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Titles By Edward C. Baig
Apple seems to update its iPhone at the speed of light, and Dummies helps you keep up. iPhone For Dummies, 2022 Edition includes the newest features available with iOS 15, released in 2022. This version also covers all iPhone models available in 2022 including the iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, and iPhone SE. Whether you have a new iPhone or an older iPhone, you've got this book to walk you through everything your phone can do.
The iPhone is a music player, a gaming system, a computer, and a mobile phone all wrapped up in one pocket-sized package. Your device can keep you connected, help you be productive, and provide endless hours of entertainment. iPhone For Dummies offers the insight of two longtime Apple experts on how to make the most of your iPhone and its updated features.
- Set up your device and learn about the apps and utilities that can help you get the most out of iPhone
- Understand important settings, privacy controls, and customizations to make your phone truly yours
- Snap photos, shoot videos, record audio and discover iPhone's many creativity tools
- Enter the wild world of apps using the app store, and find out about the latest hot downloads
Ring! Ring! Pick up—it's your new iPhone calling.
The A to Z guide to getting the most from your iPad
Your iPad is a magical piece of technology connecting you to the rest of the world pretty much anytime and anywhere. Super thin and (well, almost) light as a feather, it allows you to keep up with your day to day duties, stay in touch with family and friends, catch up with work, relax with books and movies, or even create your own works of art! Given all it’s capable of, it’s essential to have a guide to help you make the most of your device.
The latest edition of iPad and iPad Pro for Dummies helps users of all experience levels navigate this amazing looking glass. Assuming no prior knowledge, it takes you from the basics—including getting to know the iPad and adding useful accessories such as keyboards and pencils—to setting up email, connecting with other devices, maintaining files, and researching and installing the best apps for you.
- Discover the simple steps to get up and running
- Make your iPad work better and faster for you
- Explore the features of the brand new iPadOS
- Get easy fixes to common problems
Pick up your copy today and find out just how sweet life in Apple tablet form can be!
So, you joined the cool kids club and bought a Mac. Kudos! Now, do you dare admit to your sophisticated Mac mates that you still need some help figuring out how it works? No worries, Macs For Dummies is here to help! In full color for the first time ever, the latest edition of this long-running bestseller takes the guesswork out of working with your new Mac, providing easy-to-follow, plain-English answers to every possible question in the book!
Whether you're trying to figure out the basics of getting around the OS X interface, learning the ins and outs of turning your Mac into a sleek productivity tool, or anything in between, Mac For Dummies makes it fast and easy to navigate your way around your new Apple computer. You'll get the know-how to rocket into cyberspace, browse the Web, send messages, back up files to the Cloud, deal with security issues, get productive with leading Mac apps, and have fun with one-stop shopping for music, movies, and media.
- Navigate OS X El Capitan with confidence and ease
- Use your Mac to power your audio and video systems
- Add your Mac to your home network
- Troubleshoot common problems when your Mac starts misbehaving
Fully updated to cover the latest hardware and software releases, Macs For Dummies offers everything you need to get your geek on—and make your Mac your minion.
Get the most out of your iPhone X
Apple's iPhone X represents such a radical departure from all previous models of the globally known iPhone that it needs its own book to help users navigate the new features. Luckily, iPhone X For Dummies is here to provide the guidance you need to figure out the features of your new iPhone and the software that powers it.
Written by the experts who've created all previous editions of iPhone For Dummies, this book takes a deep dive into this fabulous new phone and its unique controls. It then delves into iOS 11 and how it works on the iPhone X. It leaves no stone unturned and offers all the in-depth coverage you need to make your iPhone X work for you—right out of the box!
- Control your iPhone X with iOS 11 gestures
- Explore advanced camera tools that produce stunning photos
- Set up face recognition to access your phone with a smile
- Charge your iPhone wirelessly
If you’ve invested in this awesome new device, you deserve to get the very most out of it. And this book shows you how!
Découvrez le tout dernier smartphone d'Apple fonctionnant sous iOS 14
- Le livre le plus vendu sur l'iphone
Le tout nouveau smartphone d'Apple permet de naviguer confortablement sur Internet grâce à une version spécifique du navigateur Safari, de recevoir des emails en direct, de gérer des rendez-vous et d'écouter de la musique comme vous le feriez sur un iPod. L'iPhone est également capable de lire des vidéos et de filmer ou de photographier.
La navigation, entièrement tactile, s'effectue à l'aide de grosses icônes. Un clavier numérique tactile permet de composer les numéros ou les messages texte. Un module d'écriture prédictive permet d'accélérer la frappe. Cette nouvelle version embarque un nouveau module photo et vidéo qui ravira les derniers sceptiques. Ce téléphone regorge de trésors étonnants que ce livre va vous dévoiler un à un. Cette toute nouvelle édition traite des toutes nouvelles fonctionnalités apportées par la dernière version de son OS, iOS 13.
Au programme :
Découvrir l'iPhone, ses boutons et ses icônes
Synchroniser l'iPhone et l'ordinateur
SMS, MMS & Co
Calculette et horloge
S'y retrouver dans l'Apple Store
Faire des photos et les classer
Musique et vidéo sur l'iPhone
Filmer des vidéos
Créer et gérer des comptes de messagerie
Internet et emails
L'iPhone et l'Apple Watch
Bourse, météo et GPS
Utiliser le module Face Time
Faites du sport avec votre iPhone
If you've got your hands on this year's hottest new smartphone, you'll want the book that covers it inside and out: Palm Pre: The Missing Manual. This beautiful, full-color book from USA Today personal-technology columnist Ed Baig will help you go from newcomer to expert in no time.
The maker of the legendary Palm Pilot is back on center stage with a smartphone that lets you browse the Web, listen to music, watch video, view pictures, and a lot more. Palm Pre: The Missing Manual provides you with everything you need to know to get the most out of this amazing mobile tool.
- Get to know the touchscreen, and learn to navigate by tapping, swiping, dragging, flicking, and pinching
- Link your contacts, merge calendars, combine email accounts, and more by syncing your phone over the Web
- Stay in touch with other people by using the Pre as a full-featured phone and organizer
- Use it for email, texting, chatting, and as an efficient web browser
- Take advantage of the Pre as a complete media center to store, sort, play, stream music and video, and sync with iTunes
- Take and view photos, import images, and share them with others