Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Edward Kane
A science graduate of the University of Pennsylvania, Ed is a journalist who created and produced two highly successful TV shows on CEO's and innovation: CEO Corner on NECN and CEO Global Foresight nationally on PBS. Guests have included the CEO's of ExxonMobil, P&G, Bayer AG, AT&T, Adidas AG, AstraZeneca, NASDAQ and many more, .He also attended the University of Miami Law School. He is the author of 26 books on important innovations in electric vehicles, travel, energy, robotics, gadgets, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, space, medicine and the environment. Ed also published an action/adventure fiction story for children "How Dare You". It's a 5-star rated audiobook and reading book for kids and their parents with life lessons to subtly learn and enjoy. If you are interested in the latest innovations, you will love Ed's books.
Some of the very promising and fascinating concept cars included in the book are from Jeep, Cadillac, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Mercedes, VW, Jaguar, Geely, Volvo, GM, Sony and Apple, just to name a few. They range from the spectacular Mercedes EV concept Vision AVTR, which is so technologically advanced that it can drive sideways in a “crab movement” and recognizes the driver/owner by their breathing and unlocks undreamed of automotive technologies. Another standout is the Cadillac PAV concept car. It’s a pod shaped robotaxi that Cadillac calls a luxurious “mobile living room”. Also profiled is Hyundai’s Tiger Walking concept vehicle that walks over obstacles that it can’t drive over.
The big megatrends that you’ll spot among the many new concepts vehicles included in the book are full electrification, fully autonomous driving and revolutionary modular designs. I spotlight highly intelligent cars, cars that morph and change size, flying cars, flying taxis, supercars, supertrucks, tiny city vehicles, cars that drive on three wheels and much more.
If you would like to explore the exciting future of driving in revolutionary new vehicles, this is the book for you.
As a business journalist and licensed stock broker, I’ve written an investor’s information source to the latest and most impactful new innovations. I’ve focused the book “Investing in Disruptive Innovations” on the six industrial segments where I’m tracking rapid global breakthroughs. The sectors are: electric vehicles, robotics, connectivity, climate change remedies, sustainable products and new travel modes.
For the savvy investor, my book provides news summaries on nearly 80 top, new inventions. The book is designed to serve as a take-off point for the reader to explore the innovation, do their own independent research and due diligence and then personally determine if it’s an investment bet you’d like to make.
My co-author Maryanne Kane and I are journalists writing news summaries on breakthrough, global innovations with the level of market potential to track for the possibility of investment. The material provided is intended for research and information purposes and does not constitute advice or recommendations. Any products referenced or linked in the material are not endorsed.
I hope you enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed researching and writing it.
Ever wish you could take off vertically in your flying car from your driveway and land in your office parking lot or mall without any traffic? That's what you'll be able to do in the next few years.
The books details the latest in transportation modes that will be changing our lives in the near future. From a hyperloop train that can take you from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 35 minutes to a hypersonic aircraft that will take you from New York to Tokyo in one hour and 25 minutes, we've got it covered.
The authors, Ed Kane and Maryanne Kane, are journalists who have documented the relentless global pursuit of breakthrough technology for their national television show CEO Global Foresight on PBS.
"Important Innovations: Transportation" with our brief, fun, reads cover the premier transportation breakthroughs that will be soon transforming our lives.
My book “Europe: The Global Innovation Leader” showcases the breakthrough innovations behind the rankings. Much of the breakthrough innovations are coming in renewable energy like hydrogen and solar power, new modes of transportation like electric car-bikes and flying cars, environmental, technology, medical and robotic inventions.
A few examples of European leadership in innovation:
• From Switzerland, KOMMA – a breakthrough city vehicle
• From the United Kingdom, a powerful AI supercomputer
• From Germany, Volkswagen’s Virtual Cloud creating Factories of the Future
• From Norway, Denmark, Belgium & Switzerland, the first wave of hydrogen powered ships
• From Slovakia & the Netherlands, the world’s first commercial flying cars
• From France, zero emissions airplanes & Renault’s very sports electric car
• From Sweden, plans to build Europe’s Silicon Valley
• From Italy, a hyperyacht fueled by solar power
• From Finland, robot bankers
• From Ireland, drone grocery deliveries
• From Spain, innovative treatments for untreatable disease
I believe you will find the European innovations, showcased in my book, are exciting, game-changing and highly impactful on our lives.
Some of the vehicles included in the book include:
- Audi’s Skysphere, an electric, autonomous concept vehicle that reinvents what a car can be.
- Opener’s BlackFly, a personal aerial vehicle priced like a luxury SUV.
- Japan’s new eVTOL Mk5 that’s ready to takeoff as an e-bike for the skies.
- The UK’s DryCycle, an enclosed, car-like electric bike that provides exercise while travelling.
- Renault’s Trezor, called by some experts the world’s most beautiful car.
- Hyundai’s hydrogen hypercar accelerating with zero emissions.
- Aptera solar car that drives on sunshine.
- Jet Pack Aviation’s Speeder has successfully flown as a flying motorcycle.
- The US Navy’s breakthrough solar plane Skywalker capable of flying non-stop for 90 days.
- Urban’s flying car The Leo that accelerates to 250 mph using jet pack technology.
- BMW’s electric scooter and electric bike redefining city travel.
- And much more.
Some of the vehicles taking off include:
- An electric motorcycle from the UK with speeds in excess of 250 mph
- A solar powered car from California that drives on 3 wheels and is inexpensive
- Flying AirCar from Slovakia that has flown and driven successfully between cities
- US-UK flying ferries
- Hydrogen powered cars from Germany
- Jet suits for personal flights being developed in Britain
- All glass, luxury G Train from France
- Russia’s all-terrain Cyclocar
- Hoga electric car you assemble yourself inspired by Sweden’s Ikea
- State of the art supersonic jets being developed in the US
- Germany’s Flying Taxi Lilium
- From South Korea, Hyundai’s Smart Mobility Solutions
- Australia’s flying race cars
- Flying RV’s from the US
- Canada's Daymak LEVs, 3-Wheelers and Flying Cars
If you want to be conversant on the latest in exciting new forms of travel and enjoy great images of them, I think you will find this book very valuable and entertaining.
“Big Travel Breakthroughs 2020’s” delivers the top new vehicles, prototypes and concept vehicles rolling out during this decade. As a journalist, I’ve spotlighted the big travel breakthroughs and megatrends. For instance, the game-changing Rolls Royce-Virgin Galactic partnership to develop a next-generation supersonic jet (SST), capable of travelling from NYC to London in two hours. From the Netherlands, I’ve profiled the world’s first, long range solar powered car that will be on the road in 2021. Also in my book, profiles on the best new eVTOL flying cars and flying taxis, including the Dutch invented PAL-V that is ready for take-off. Megatrends explored in the book include the dramatic global rise in the use of electric bikes and electric trikes and the rapidly expanding lineup of new electric cars. I’ve also detailed some very hot, exotic new travel vehicles such as a solar luxury pod to sail the ocean, a combination motorcycle-jet ski, hyperloops, personal aerial mobility jet packs and much more.
If you want to be in the know on the most exciting and fun travel vehicles for the 2020’s, “Big Travel Breakthroughs 2020’s” is the book for you.
- The Flying suit with 5 mini-engines to let you fly
- Electric skateboards that let you travel 20 mph
- Self-walking suitcases that follow you around
- New, full body 3D motion tracking suits for athletes and everyone else
- Scooter Sensation Stator that's all-electric and self-balancing
- AI Beanies that goes from soft to helmet hard when needed.
Other gadgets that you would probably love to have include the World's 1st AI powered pet feeder, Smart lighters to quit smoking, Smart Clocks that serve as control systems for smart homes; Smart Curtains that remove indoor pollution; Kitchen Aid's Smart Display for your kitchen. This" List of the Latest Top Gadgets" is a fun news read about some of the most innovative, practical and fun gadgets just invented.
The book is presented in a news briefing style to make it an easy and fun source of information. Some of the new travel concepts highlighted:
- The electric future of personal mobility including electric cars on three wheels
- Jet packs and wing suits for personal flying
- Solar powered cars that drive solely on sunshine
- Sports cars powered by rocket thrusters that accelerate to 250 mph
- Supersonic and hypersonic planes for the President of the US and commercial passengers
- Russia’s first flying car – the Cyclocar
- Mach 25 plane concepts
- A combination boat/plane for coastal commuting
- An electric/autonomous lounge car on wheels
- World’s first intelligent ship, captained by AI – Mayflower 400
- Autonomous planes and cars
- A jumbo jet with three wings that consumes 70% less fuel
- And much more.