Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
I love the flavor of this bouillon and use it in soups and also to flavor veggies that I'm steaming or cooking. It is safe for me as a Celiac disease sufferer, and since it is also MSG free and soy free and dairy free and egg free, I can use it when I cook for my other friends and family members with food intolerance/allergy issues. This is the perfect substitution in any recipe that calls for vegetable bouillon, and in a pinch I can mix it with water to make a stock for recipes that call for vegetable stock. Saves pantry space. ;-)

One of the most challenging aspects of going gluten free is figuring out which of the old favorite foods can be converted to a gluten free version that tastes like the old thing. This product makes that possible. LOVE this to use in recipes. I have it on Subscribe & Save to keep my pantry stocked for use in RECIPES to replace Knorr bouillon, a completely even substitution, gluten free (GF), safe for Celiac Disease sufferers.

Don't miss the great organic GF condensed cream soups that Pacific Natural Foods also offers:
Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream Of Celery Condensed Soup, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream Of Mushroom Condensed Soup, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
and
Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream Of Chicken Condensed Soup, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)

I have these on Subscribe & Save to keep my pantry stocked for use in RECIPES to replace Knorr bouillon cubes, a completely even substitution, gluten free (GF), safe for Celiac Disease sufferers. These are PERFECT substitutions in recipes to make those casseroles and comfort foods and gravies gluten free:
Edward & Sons Not-Beef Bouillon Cubes, 3.1-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Edward & Sons Not-Chick'n Bouillon Cubes, LOW SODIUM, 2.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)

Whenever a friend contacts me to get info to help someone newly diagnosed who needs gluten free foods (whether it's for celiac, gluten intolerance, wheat allergy, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis, ADHD, autism, leaky gut, or brain function), I always provide them with one of these soups in the care package. I also give them some of these:
Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta, Spaghetti, Organic, 12-Ounce (Pack of 6) (or other of the Tinkyada pastas),
Ancient Harvest Quinoa Organic Pasta Gluten Free, Elbows, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12),
Pastariso Organic Brown Rice Angel Hair, 8-Ounce (Pack of 12),
Sam Mills Pasta D'Oro Gluten Free Penne Rigate, 1-Pound (Pack of 6),
Chex, Rice Chex, Gluten Free, Oven Toasted Rice Cereal, 12.8oz Box, and
Chex Honey Cereal, 13.8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Natural Nectar Gluten Free Cracklebred, Sun Dried Tomato & Oregano, 3.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Organic Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce (8.5oz)
San J Organic Wheat Free Tamari Soy Sauce Gold Label Travel Packs, 200-Count Packages
on January 1, 2014
We get these at a great price through Subscribe 'n Save, and use them almost every day to make every vegan dish taste richer and more complex. It is a great seasoning. You can make a soup with just the broth and handfuls of green vegetables in about ten minutes. The low sodium makes it SO much better than other bouillons which just get too salty before they have contributed the flavor in sufficient quantity. We also do not cook with any oil beyond what is in these cubes, so they make for a healthy contribution to your culinary repertoire.
on July 19, 2009
Edward & Sons Low Sodium Veggie Bouillon is one of the best that I have tried. There are actual tiny bits of veggies in the cubes--obviously not enough to prevent you from adding your own. When I cook rice, I love to toss either one or two of these cubes into the rice cooker.

One correction to the Nutritional Information posted on the product page: The actual sodium content is 135 mg and not 920 as indicated on the product page. This is a huge difference.

05/31/2011 Update:

I am saddened to say that I will not be purchasing these bouillon cubes from Amazon. I don't know if it was a fluke but the last box that I purchased came complete with moths. Unfortunately, I discovered this after it was too late to return the package. It may be because a "case" of these will last me for nearly a year.

That said, if I can find them at a local grocery store, I will buy individual packages.

04/13/2013 Update:

I've gone back to using the Edward & Sons bouillons through Amazon. I can't find them locally and, frankly, the bullions that I can find are pretty insipid.

02/15/2014 Update:

I have yet to find another moth in any of the Edwards & Sons bouillons but keeping moths from my kitchen has been an exercise in fanaticism for me. I've stopped buying bulk items which, I suspect, was the culprit.
on August 22, 2016
Based on the positive reviews I felt confident I was getting a worthwhile product. This review is based on one package (2 cubes) in 20 oz of hot water. Did not dissolve very well. Very bland but the was expected due to low sodium. Taste. Um, maybe a cross between rancid seaweed and spinach? Whatever, it is terrible. I think I fill donate this to a local food bank - and hope nobody sees me drop it into the box.
on July 14, 2014
Tastes great! It's almost impossible to find vegetable bouillon in cubes at any store (why is that!?). This one tastes great, like homemade veggie broth. Love it and highly recommend it.
on December 21, 2013
This is by far the best Gluten Free Veggie flavored bouillon cubes I've had. It is wonderful being able to have my favorite recipes and broths without the pain and other sequelae associated with Gluten Intolerance/Celiac Disease.
on March 11, 2017
I use this product a lot. And this was a good bulk buy.
on March 24, 2013
The veggie bouillon provides a great flavor to any dish needing bouillon and it is a great low salt product.
on October 5, 2015
Has the taste of homemade veggie stock! Will for sure be my go to brand.
on July 6, 2010
I use these things for everything from soups to rice to broth substitutes. The flavor is soft (not sharp or bitter or pungently salty) and you really taste the seasoning flavors rather than a nice glob of MSG nastiness. Highly recommended... and, yes, I purchase a whole case of these bad boys. I have given some packages away as gifts to friends and they equally enjoyed them. I won't use salty canned broth ever again.