Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on July 13, 2017
Not enough can be said about Tao Lins writing. its unapologetic, unless its to himself. He seems to break the fourth wall by just being. If your a sad person, who likes whity comedic sadness, this is right up in your brain space. He is the new STYLE. He is meta, he is TMI, he is brutally honest about his happiness and unhappiness for the world. He is forgiving, but only if you have something to offer. If you don't, you are a road cone, a sticky penny in your cars change holder, the new bird POOP on your car after a car wash (ISNT that ALANIS MORISSETTE) . He is YOUR awakening, he is 6 x10mg addys deep drinking tea, smoking reefers. He will open your eyes to things that you see, but his light and scope, or peripheral, is unmatched by writers his age. ALL of his books are just what you want and don't, polite unhappiness, and angry happiness.
on May 5, 2013
before finally getting to reading this one i read all of tao's other books (except bed which i still havent read), and this is totally my favorite thing that hes done. i think you can definitely classify this book as Lynchian (meaning the juxtaposition of banal reality with surreal dream-like stuff).

this book affected me a lot. most of the time to laughter but also at one point to tears.

ill describe the time when it almost moved me to tears

i was in the library in encinitas and i was at the chapter where ellen is in the car with her mom and her mom is trying to bond with ellen and ellen is working her brain hard to find reasons to think that everything is stupid. it felt like real life, like how my real life is, and it made me sad about how ive been with my mother. but the almost-tears came in the next chapter where ellens mother is about to die in a plane crash and tao describes her mothers confrontation with reality and how she felt it was easier to watch it from a distance (metaphorically), easier to accept death. and man, that made me feel so sad. i sat there shaking my head and i wanted to communicate with the other people reading around me about it but i didnt.

great job on this one tao, its really something special this book
on March 6, 2016
While definitely not on par with Richard Yates and Taipei, Eeeeee Eee Eeee does have a lot of the elements that fans will expect in a Tao Lin novel (isolation and loneliness, some violence and sex, drugs). Narratively, it's a bit listless, but Lin compensates for that by lending all the characters a good degree of variety and detail.
on March 18, 2014
There is an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force this reminds me of. I see this book in the Barnes and Noble and I now automatically go, "Hey, Fatstuff!" It is a terrible book, though. When it was originally released I recall someone attempting a comparison to Shakespeare's The Tempest. Very funny, though.
on March 3, 2011
I picked an arbitrary title to echo the seemingly arbitrary nature of the book--which echoed life, I suppose, and I'm not trying to say that in a pretentious, hipster, snarky sort of way. I say that because those three adjectives appear to describe the majority of Tao Lin's readers, and more importantly, the people who are reviewing this book on amazon.

Why we can't help but compare Tao Lin's style with Miranda July's is something I don't quite understand. I like them both in different ways. Perhaps they even belong to that new, unnamed genre that circles above our heads when we read exciting text that challenges modern notions of storytelling and literature.

I guess that's not what you're hear to learn. I liked this book, it was quite a crazy ride that I wanted to stop many times, but for some reason it hooked me, even with its foreign writing style, and so I rode it, I rode that goddamn ride to the very end, and I'm glad I did.
on June 17, 2016
Please do not encourage Tao Lin. He might continue to publish books. He should stick to making mandalas.
on January 19, 2013
An interesting read nonetheless. Lin's writing is a discordant stream of consciousness meets biting social critique. The book is absurd, yes, however the unique voice and quick (even chaotic) pace of the books lends to its intrigue.
on January 2, 2014
This book was great and felt right. It reminded me of how I usually see the world. Glad there's an author who can articulate it so perfectly.
on September 18, 2016
this book is terrible and tao lin is my enemy
on January 10, 2015
Do not let the bear put the blanket on your head.
Maybe 2 hours of your life. Read it and see for yourself.