Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on May 26, 2008
***See Update Below***
The unit works well. Was easily installed. Water heat is fine for our small-demand house (2bed/2bath/1500SF). The only thing that takes some getting used to is the minimum flow requirement. There's no way to get any hot water without turning a given fauct on at over 50% capacity. And single-knob showers can get a little tricky to balance.
NOTEZ BIEN:
Before installing, verify that your grid tie-in is sufficient. My panel is 200A, but the utility company tied in with a wire only capable of carrying 100A. This was fine for my house until this unit was installed. It requires 3@40A breakers, which was no problem...plenty of room on the board. But now, whenever the hot water flows, the lights throughout the house start a pulsing. I've called my retail provider, my utilities service provider, and the service director several times over the last 2 weeks, and can't get anyone to get out here and run thicker copper. It's not too annoying, but I'm concerned that the wire's going to fry if they don't get their act together and figure out whose job it is to fix this.
****Update****
Even with the electrical issues taken care of, the unit I bought, which worked well for several months, started acting up on me. Intermittent hot/lukewarm was a major issue. No flow problems: was running a shower alone. After some time, I opened the box and noticed that the unit had a leak in one of the 3 "coils" (tubes, really). I called the manufacturer, they verified the warranty info, and sent me a new unit. The new unit worked for about 6 months before it also stopped providing hot water. Not sure how I ended up with 2 dogs, but that was enough. No leaking the second time around, but I gave up and went with a regular tank, as the house was by then a rental.
I'd drop it to one star if it wasn't for the great customer service I received.
on March 12, 2014
After the item arrived we paid a plumber to install. The item's relay was bad, and it took 2 trips from a plumber and a visit from an electrician to fix it. It cost over $900 for install due to the multiple visits and issues. We needed it installed right away, so could not go through a return process, but I would not buy this product again.
on February 8, 2013
LAST ONE OF THESE I WILL PROBABLY BUY. THIS IS MY THIRD ONE. NONE OF THEM LASTED MORE THAN TWO YEARS WITHOUT HAVING TO BE REPAIRED. CUSTOMER SERVICE AT EEMAX LESS THAN STELLAR. ONLY REASON I BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE IS THAT IT FITS THE SPACE IT WAS BUILT INTO. WHEN IT WORKS, IT DOES A GOOD JOB.
on January 5, 2012
I Ordered an EX280T2T and got SP3512. How anyone could confuse the 2 is beyond me? The part that sucks is I am without hot water and have to wait for you to make this right. Thanks to "Global Warming" it's only 34 degrees right now...