Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on June 1, 2016
First chapter is so good. The art, the story, so much promise. Then second chapter on shows pumping out a chapter a month. I read the first chapter when I was young, and thought of all the great places this story could go, and be. I debated buying this book because I might be killing how great I thought the story could be. Some questions should be left alone. The first chapter is still great. I should have left it at that.
on November 19, 2014
This is more a comment on the Kindle version of this, since I've just started reading it.

I'm reading this on an 8.9 HD Kindle and there is really too much going on in the panels to make this easy to read. I know originally this series would have been released in a large format magazine style comic and it just doesn't translate well to the smaller scaling. The Kindle version also doesn't feature any type of panel zooming, so you're at a loss if you're having a hard time making out what's going on.

Also, if you're not familiar with this series, avoid the introduction and read it as an afterword. There is a major plot spoiler in the introduction that I kind of wish I hadn't found out before starting the book!
on December 31, 2014
This book... was interesting. I liked the concept. The art is really rough but it shows a lot of promise.. and is actually not that bad, but not that great. I recall a lot of really interesting layouts and I felt that the artist was really trying very hard and pushing the limits of his storytelling abilities at the time. For that I can really say the artist got my respect. I'm sure if the artist was doing this nowadays... he'd probably be really awesome with more years under his belt. Anyway, if you like black and white fantasy comics... you may like this. This is a ballsy release... wish there was more out there like this.
on June 19, 2016
Grew up reading Eerie comics. These were much better than the Creepy comics as the stories covered multiple issues. Hunter the demon killer is one of the classic stories from Eerie, along with Dax the Warrior, Coffin, The Mummy Walks and Dracula. Nice cover which is in color and the pages are in black in white. This edition covers all the incarnations of Hunter from multiple writers and artist.
on September 20, 2016
I read the original story in Erie as a boy and was thrilled to see that it was now collected in a hardback edition. It was a true joy to once again see the wonderful artwork and what was for the time an exciting and thought provoking story collected for a new generation.
on February 2, 2016
The Hunter series was beautifully drawn and well written. It's nice to have this as a complete collection. Comic book publishers: hire Budd Lewis. A writer of his talent shouldn't be selling hot dogs!
on January 20, 2014
The HUNTER stories were downbeat but still entertaining, predating the "grim & gritty" landslide that was to overtake comics. Nice art by Paul Neary in the early run. The narrative could get confusing and I was not a fan of the HUNTER II reboot.
on August 8, 2016
I love the art and the story, very different to regular comic books. Dramtic and violent.
on December 9, 2012
This is printed in the same professional way that the EERIE/CREEPY archives are, but thinner as it just contains the Hunter stories and a brief essay. Highly recommended, but a bit redundant as all of these stories will be printed in the main archives.
on May 7, 2015
Awesome old school warren horror / Sci Fi comics.