$ 33 $29.99 Save $1.66 (6%)
About the Product
- Battle as Commander Shepard on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Customize your Commander Shepard, your squad and weapons to engage the enemy on your terms
- Allows the option to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, but can also be played as a standalone game
- Experience a new emphasis on melee combat, movement and an improved cover system
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
Customize your Commander Shepard, your squad and weapons to engage the enemy on your terms
Allows the option to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, but can also be played as a standalone game
Experience a new emphasis on melee combat, movement and an improved cover system
From the Manufacturer
Mass Effect 3 is a Role-playing Game (RPG) / Third-Person Shooter hybrid set in a Science Fiction universe. Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the popular Mass Effect series, and is rumored to be the final installment. In it players continue the adventures of Commander Shepard utilizing extreme character customization which is the hallmark feature of the series. Additional features include: the ability to import decisions from both of the previous games into the new game, ownership/play of previous games not required, customizable weapons, improved mobility and melee combat, many returning characters (if they were not killed off in previous imported games), an improved cover system that allows for more action and more.
The Final Chapter in the Mass Effect Trilogy
Not everyone will survive. An ancient alien race, known only as "Reapers," has launched an all-out invasion leaving nothing but a trail of destruction in their wake. Earth has been taken, the galaxy is on the verge of total annihilation, and you are the only one who can stop them. The price of failure is extinction. You are Commander Shepard, a character that you can forge in your own image. You determine how events will play out, which planets to explore, and whom to form alliances with as you rally a force to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. How you wage this war is completely up to you: go into combat with guns blazing or use cover to plan a more tactical assault. Utilize your squad to full effect or take a lone wolf approach. Rain death from a distance or go toe-to-toe with enemies using devastating melee attacks. Mass Effect 3 will react to each decision you make as you play through a truly unique experience of your own creation.
Key Game Features
- A Rich, Branching Storyline - Experience a sci-fi epic with multiple endings determined by your choices and actions throughout the game
- Massive in Scope - Battle on many worlds across the galaxy as you unite the ultimate force to take back the Earth before it's too late
- Large-scale and Intelligent Enemies - Battle enormous enemies and take on a smarter type of foe that will consistently challenge your best combat tactics and put you on the edge of your seat
- Unlock a Customizable Arsenal - Tailor each weapon with devastating upgrades including scopes, grips, barrels and dozens of other unique attachments. Each weapon boasts its own powerful impact and visual flair
- Unleash Death from Afar or Go Toe-to-Toe - Customize your soldier and squad to engage the enemy on your terms. A huge variety of weapons, abilities and equipment allow you to combat the enemy in your preferred style of play
A customizable arsenal.
A rich branching storyline.
Multiple play options.
Get the ultimate Mass Effect 3 experience with the N7 Digital Deluxe Edition! This limited package includes:
- 70-page digital art book featuring hundreds of unique and gorgeous illustrations from the BioWare development team.
- "From Ashes" DLC
- Limited edition digital Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics, complete with unique cover artwork.
- Exclusive 4x6 lithographic digital print featuring a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork.
- A full collection of in-game content
- N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
- Normandy Robotic Dog companion.
- Squadmate Alternate Outfit Pack – New appearances for your favorite squad members.
- N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
- Relive all the greatest moments of Mass Effect 3 with the digital soundtrack.
- Display your initiation in the N7 ranks with a collection of forum and social badges, avatars, and perks.
- Deluxe items can be found within the Origin client by viewing "i" on your title.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|OS:||Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7|
|Processor:||1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)||2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)|
|RAM:||1GB for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista/Win 7||2GB for XP / 4GB RAM for Vista/Win 7|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB|
|Video Card:||NVIDIA 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 9300, 8500, 8400, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350.|
|Controls:||Mouse, Keyboard only|
|Additional Info:||DirectX 9.0 compatible; Requires Origin account for installation and activation|
Top Customer Reviews
Its Mass Effect. I love the universe- it's full and rich, there is real purpose to what your doing, and it is beautifully realized both in the writing and the visuals (despite some obvious hampering to suit consoles, but expecting anything else is unrealistic)
The Multiplayer is fun! I don't love everything about it, but its just about right for a casual match here and there. More could have been done, but 'more' probably would have cut into the single player.
What I dont like
Well. I still haven't beat the single player. Somehow I've avoided spoilers for all this time. I dont have a clue how Mass Effect 3 ends. Why is that? Because TWICE Origin lost my save. a dialogue box comes up telling me my online and local saves are out of sync. . . which do I want to keep? Does it tell me anything about these two saves? which has more time invested? which is further along? lol well. I made the wrong decision twice. and now, years later, I haven't beat Mass Effect 3 and the sad thing is I don't want too. Because everyone (and I mean everyone) who I told how I'd made it almost to the end, ready to plunge into the final missions not once, but TWICE has said that its better i didn't. I'm better off not knowing. So Bioware must have really screwed up the ending. Oh well. Origin has (thankfully?) been hell-bent on me never knowing.
I still play the multiplayer every once and a while. maybe one day i'll beat it?. . . someday?
So much for "Deluxe".
Come on EA, stop trying to milk us dry for DLC on every frickin game. Now they are doing the same thing for the DA:Inquisition "Deluxe" version. Sigh.
Just to be clear, the game itself is awesome. At least until the very end, but it's great till then. Then it's suddenly not. But still worth playing.
Then I got to the ending.
The words I want to use to describe the ending are not polite for public conversation. The ending made me angry - I did not like it at all. Just to confirm: this game, technically, has multiple endings, based on what choices you made during the game. After beating the game, and then looking up the other endings to see how different it was, I have come to the conclusion that this game, for all practical purposes, has just one - disappointment.
Let me be clear: the game's designers made some choices regarding the ways they ended the game. As long as they stick by that, I will respect that that is their decision regarding the game. But I found the way it was ended somewhat disappointing - after the "Heck Yeah!" feeling that I got at the end of the first two, the third ended on a somewhat sadder, darker note. The game's designers can not and should not change the ending though: the entire game had this more sad note to it. Changing the ending would put it at odds with the tone of the rest of the game.
It was a well executed game that plays pretty good, but which ends on a somewhat more somber note than I would have preferred. Because of this, it only gets a 4/5.
So if any of you were in the same position I was in this morning, you downloaded Mass Effect 3 from amazon.com, preloading the game in anticipation of saving the Earth, shooting guns, seeing your romance to the end, etc etc. But after I downloaded it and ran the autorun.exe in the folder that mass effect 3 was in, when origin opened up I got an installation failed notice, then swore at my computer screen and specifically at origin(since it is a piece of ____ (insert curse word here)). So, I started moving around the games files, extracting them to different places, renaming files. And after one fix I tried, I got Mass Effect 3 to install! Steps for my fix are included below:
1. Go to your program files directory, find the "origin games" folder and open it. In that folder, create a new folder called "Mass Effect 3". Next, go to the folder with the files you downloaded from the amazon servers and open it up.
2. Find the .zip folder called "Mass Effect 3" and right click on it. Select "extract All" from the drop down list and extract the files in the .zip folder and extract them to the new folder called "Mass Effect 3" in your origin games folder (the filepath should look something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3).
3. After all the files are finished extracting, run origin and log in, Mass Effect 3 should be in your games tab, ready to install!
I'd give this 5 stars but the installation is a hassle. Hope amazon customer support sees this and lets other customers know how to fix it. Hope this helps someone else who is frustrated by EA's incompetence like I was :P
Have a good day,
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The check it does with the software and whatnot never goes through so I can't even get to the loading screenPublished 2 days ago by Connor Burnhall
The ending ruined everything. Never buying a mass effect product again.Published 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
The story feels like a lengthy philosophy course wrapping up in an unfulfilling battle and an ending so full of plot holes you could dive a truck through. Read morePublished 3 months ago by K. L.
Awesome game! Wish EA still supported the Multiplayer portion of the game with current challenges and special missions.Published 10 months ago by Mark Mallrich
It's Mass Effect 3. Worked perfectly even with importing my Mass Effect 2 save from Steam.Published 11 months ago by Jon