Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
This is exactly the tool I was looking for to dice my eggs for salad. Here's how I do it; it couldn't be easier. I'd been using two different tools to do the job that this performs all in one. Now I can eliminate the ancient wedging tool I was using. My old slicing tool is good for mushrooms and strawberries, though, so I'll keep that one. It has strong wires and works fine for harder jobs. The wires on this tool are perfect for hard boiled eggs, however and so far, they have served me well.

With both cutting disks open, I set the peeled hard boiled egg up on end in the base tilted slightly toward the hinge to allow for the close proximity of the wedging disk. By closing the wedge disk down over the egg I have lovely wedges if I want to add them as is to a green salad, but I seldom do that. Instead, I re-position the egg to lay down sideways in the base, then I close the slicing disk over it while I hold the unit inverted over the bowl so the resulting diced egg pieces fall right into it.

The two operations are enough to make a nice small dice that is just right for egg salad. I watched Timothy's video showing how he uses only the slicing disk and re-positions the egg twice, but I guess I'm not dexterous enough because I made a mess when I tried it. My method produces quite an acceptable dice and works better for me. I've been doing it for years with the two devices and am delighted I can now achieve the same result with just this one.

While the wires may not be strong enough for other things, they are perfect for eggs, giving clean cuts with little pressure. If you're an egg salad lover, I highly recommend this little gadget.
on January 5, 2014
I purchased this to replace another brand I had been using that is getting worn because the housing is plastic. I figured the aluminum housing on this one would be more sturdy which it is so that's not what is disappointing. What is disappointing how ever is that it has trouble slicing through the eggs. It tends to crush them as it goes through them. Another design flaw that I find is that the egg cradle is oblong which is fine if you only want to slice the eggs width wise, if you want to slice them length wise they will not fit in the cradle. It also makes it difficult if you are slicing extra large eggs.
on November 21, 2014
Product that came was not the product in picture. I was specifically looking for the one in the picture, as I had had one previously, and one of the wires snapped, but I love the quality and the compact size/multiple options for slicing. The one that came was bigger, all metal, and HEAVY. I was excited to find the one in the picture, as I had been looking everywhere for it, and had not been able to find it. I gave three stars because the product functioned, but was not what was described.
on October 8, 2016
My son bought me this egg slice to replace one that he broke. This one is far superior to my old one from Crate & Barrel. It will even cut wedges for salads or hors d'oeuvres. It's very heavy & sturdy. I am really pleased with it.
on June 19, 2012
The is the second slicer I have purchased. The first lasted nearly eight years of service in the kitchen before a wire broke. With that high reliability I could not switch to another brand. This product is well made. Sturdy metal construction with taut metal wires well secured into the frame. The different slicing patterns give my wife some variability in food presentation and help keep the hard boiled eggs appealing to the kids. Works great with mushrooms as well. Strawberries work as long as they are ripe. We broke a wire slicing a hard strawberry. (If you are looking for a strawberry slicer, I recommend Joie Simply Slice Strawberry Slicer-- wife loves it ) I looking for another eight years of service from this egg slicer.
on February 2, 2014
This egg slicer seemed practical with the ability to slice or quarter eggs....first time use, no problem. It wasn't really easy to clean, but I got it cleaned up. Upon using it the second time, one of the side "strings" caught on the base that holds the egg and the string bend!
For what I paid.....I expected better precision with the item. I bent the string back to it's approximate location....we'll see how it handles future egg slicing. Spend your money on another model!
on April 21, 2015
Great for eggs I've tried 3 different slicers for mushrooms none of them hold up to it. I'll just use knife from now on.
on April 21, 2014
Product showed up in poor condition,poorly made and fell apart in my hands prior to using the first time! Fortunately it was a replacement for one that had broke the wire cutting mechanism, so I simply used the new cutters mechanism. Now works perfectly fine, shouldn't have had to rebuild .
on February 15, 2017
Good product, exactly as described, prompt delivery
on September 12, 2016
it's awfully heavy...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.