Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

• Ego

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 5, 2011
My first experience with German Heavy Metal was Rammstein like many in the US, I branched out to other bands like OOPH!, Mega Herz, and In Extremo and have loved it all.

OOMPH! started the neue deutsche harte (new German hardness) style in 1994 and they continue to evolve and make amazing music. Rammstein may have made the style famous, but these guys laid the foundation that Rammstein built on.

If you're looking for some awesome music, you've found it with OOMPH! !
on October 6, 2010
I am a very big fan of this band. I have been slowly collecting all of their albums from newest to oldest. I own almost all of them now, recently I purchsed "Ego" And I have to say, this album is genius. This is where they really take their sound and bring it to another level, softer than their older stuff, yes. But if you are like me and don't really care if a band changes their sound as long as it sounds good, then you will love this album. If you are not an Oomph! fan and are looking at checking them out, look on youtube to hear their stuff and I guarantee you'll love it. This should be one of your first to buy by this band.
The album contains 16 wonderful tracks. Since on this page there is no track listing I will provide it.

1.Ego (has a very great sound to it, industrial rock, the singing is melodic and beautiful, the synthesizing in the background is interesting and the drums keep a steady beat.)

2.Supernova (This song is in english. It has a very bad ass feel to it even though its not as hard core as their older stuff. Its more like hard rock instead of metal. The lyrics are really cool as well as the singing. And the guitar riffs are what give it that energy that makes you want to jump up and down)

3.Willst Du Frei Sein? (This is my favorite song off of this album, it is very very awesome. Its most certainly an industrial sound, hard riffs and awesome drums. And of course, the singing is still strong)

4.Drop The Lie (Great sound, very interesting lyrics, also in english)

5.Bitter (Very emotional song, if you know german or if you read the translated lyrics you'll realize just how heavy it is. The singing and the guitars really bring out the mood.)

6.Transformation (Very fun song. Certainly something you can listen to over and over again. this one is in english)

7.Atem (another great, emotional song. Its the composition of the music in this one that gets me, I don't even have to know german to understand what its generally about. very beautiful singing, and a very addictive chorus.)

8.Serotonin (This is one of their many underappreciated instrumentals. Its sound is generally soft, and has a classical/industrial feel to it.)

9.Swallow (also in english. It starts out pretty slow, but when it gets to the chorus its worth it to me.)

10.Viel Zu Tief (Very cool song, the bells almost make it sound christmasy, in a dark way. I love the beat and the guitar riffs.)

12.My Darkest Cave (English. This song kicks ass, nuff said. Even though their english is not as elaborate as a native speaker, the meaning is still really deep, and I think its a great message)

13.Who You Are (English. Very cool song, somehow Oomph! made every single song on this album sound very different but in the same style, which is something that many bands fail to do, I admire them for being so talented)

14.Kontrollverlust (I love it)

15.Dopamin (One of the only albums that has two instrumentals on it. This one is also a very awesome listen. If you like classical and industrial rock mixed together you'll love this.)

16. Träum Weiter (Kind of a re-mix of the earlier song "Atem" And a kick ass re-mix I must say. It sounds harder and more dance-like.)

I am not good at genres and stuff, so I'll just say that it sounds awesome and putting a label on it would only degrade its ecxellence. If you are adamant about what genre you listen to, go somewhere else. In my opinion, just listen to the music and don't pay attention to what someone said it is similar to. If it sounds great and holds your attention, then that should be all that matters.
on March 5, 2004
This is really the best album by this German band. The previous releases "Unrein" and "Plastik" were great, but they lacked something. "Ego" shines with incredible ideas and arrangaments. Just listen to the grandiose tracks "Drop The Lie", "Bitter", "Atem", "Swallow", "Rette Mich" or the single "Supernova"... Brilliant gothic/electro rock with phantastic melodies! People often compare Oomph! to Rammstein, but I don't see many parallels, 'cause in my opinion Rammstein produce silly music and never will be able to create such deep and emotional music. If you are looking for more intelligent and artistic modern rock, this one is for you!
VINE VOICEon January 13, 2009
This Oomph! album is great. For non german speakers, this has a fair share of songs in english as well. If you havn't heard any songs from it, the sound is comparable to Plastik or Glaube Liebe Tod.
on October 3, 2015
Exactly what I wanted.
on February 3, 2016
CD itself is in great condition, no scratches, plays perfectly. Only disappointment about this product is that the case came to me with a long crack on the front and the hinge of the case is broken so I have to be careful when opening it so that the case doesn't come into two pieces. The plastic circle in the case that the disc fits onto (not sure what to call it, hopefully you know what I am referring to) came mostly broken too.

Functional and cosmetic issues only with the case, though. Like I said, the CD is in perfect condition. Good price, considering it is hard to find Oomph! albums in the US!
on September 9, 2017
Excellent album. Oomph! is simply eine der besten Neue Deutsche Härte bands. It makes sense as they are credited with being the creators of the genre.
on January 4, 2014
This is one of my favorite CDs from them. I've seen reviews on this CD that not a lot of people like this album but I for one love it. It has plenty of English tracks on it which make me quite pleased. Though I love how Dero sings in both English and German. Either way this band is great.
on February 6, 2015
This is a combination English/ German album. Some of Oomph's! best. Highly recommended for Oomph! and any general rock fans.
on April 15, 2014
Always have been a fan , great album and I will continue to look for more of their music. Thanks for the great pricing