Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Egyptian Colloquial Arabic Vocabulary Paperback – May 8, 2015
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Item Weight : 13.9 ounces
- Paperback : 303 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0985816082
- ISBN-13 : 978-0985816087
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.69 x 9 inches
- Publisher : Lingualism (May 8, 2015)
- Language: : English
Best Sellers Rank:
#698,329 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #2,569 in Foreign Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Chances are, if a word you need isn't in this book, then you don't need it to get by and you should just be explaining yourself in some other way!
There is a long list of verbs in this book, with notation on the relevant conjugation table. Unless you intuitively know how to conjugate all spoken Egyptian Arabic verbs (it can get a bit gnarly), you'll need a separate book for this. There are two verb books, and I'd recommend the Big Fat Book. Even though it doesn't lay out verb tables, you can mostly just use the verbs in that book, or find one that matches the pattern you're looking for (again, using search).
Long story short, get this book.
The side by side original script transliteration (pronunciation guide), literal english translation and arabic script is exactly what I am looking for!!! It is missing in all other books.
All in all, these books are EXCELLENT, are the BEST out there to enrich your vocabulary in egyptian arabic.
Two hints for beginners....
1. These books are not for beginners. They don't have grammar, so you cannot follow up on the syntax at all. Go first for a beginners book with grammar like Ultimate Arabic or something else
2. These books (except Arabic Stories 1 and 2) DON'T TEACH modern standard arabic but only the egyptian dialect which is way different from MSA.
In conclusion VERY SATISFIED and looking forward to more books from these editions. Keep up the good work!!!!