|Item Weight||91 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||84 x 72 x 10 inches|
Eight Smart Mattress, Cali King
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The Eight Smart Mattress offers dynamic support and contouring comfort, plus one layer of technology designed to help you sleep better.
- Data & Trends - See your nightly data and discover weekly and monthly trends to improve your sleep
- Bed Warming - Warm the bed to the perfect temperature, and set each side of the bed independently.
- Home Integrations - Create a smart bedroom with automated triggers by connecting Eight to other smart products.
- Smart Alarm - Wake up feeling refreshed, during your lightest sleep stage, when you're naturally most awake.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Comfort meets technology in the most innovative mattress
Looking for a better night's sleep? Get the Eight Smart Mattress and have the full smart sleep experience: a highly comfortable mattress plus the technology layer to help you track and improve your sleep. There’s nothing else like it. True innovation for better Zzz’s.
The data-driven Eight Smart Mattress is designed to allow users to sleep smarter. Integrated with sensors and a corresponding app, the Smart Mattress tracks room temperature, tosses and turns, sleep patterns, deep and light sleep, and more. Features like the in-app sleep meditation feature hosted by Simple Habit gives users the option to fall asleep or wake up via meditation and cultivate mindfulness.
Eight uses innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science with real time data collected from their users to personalize and improve your sleep bringing their direct to consumer model to the forefront from its competitors.
Highest comfort and support for every sleeper
Four layers of total bliss + one layer of technology. Forms to you, but bounces back. Supportive with no pressure. Cozy, but not too warm or cool.
Composition from top to bottom:
- Technology layer: Proprietary technology to track sleep, warm up the bed,and connect with other smart home devices.
- 2” Reactive foam: A unique foam that bounces like latex but feels like foam. Designed to be comfortable and stay cool.
- 2” Contouring memory foam: All the benefits of memory foam: contours to your body while providing pressure relief.
- 2” Supportive transition foam: Additional comfort and consistent weight distribution to support all body types.
- 4” High density support foam: A durable foundation that is highly breathable and adds just the right firmness.
The Eight Smart Mattress offers dynamic support and contouring comfort without sacrificing breathability or resilience.
It features a unique cell structure that bounces back to its original shape every time, while delivering buoyant, responsive comfort with excellent pressure point relief.
What makes it different from all other mattresses?
Born out of co-founder and CEO Matteo Franceschetti's own battle with sleeplessness and insomnia, the Eight Smart Mattress is designed so users can learn from their sleep and gain insight about how to get their best night's sleep.
Eight’s team designed the smart mattress by studying over 1.8 million hours of sleep data that have been tracked through the company’s first product — the Eight Sleep Tracker— which by the end of 2016 was already tracking mroe than 12,000 people across 67 countries.The Eight Smart Mattress includes features that improve the sleep experience, like automatic temperature control for each side of the bed, and connectivity with other smart home devices like thermostats, lights and coffee machines. The mattress contains multiple sensors to track sleep times, deep and light sleep, breathing rate, and measure toss and turns, bed temperature, and room temperature. Over time, the Eight Smart Mattress uses machine learning to build patterns on sleep behaviors, and displays suggestions for sleep improvement in its mobile app. It can also share this data with health tracking apps like Apple’s Health and Google’s Fit.
Technology features for better sleep
Track your sleep patterns
- See nightly data and discover trends to improve.
- Track each bedside individually, without wearing any device.
- See your time slept, deep sleep, heart rate, respiratory rate, and more.
- Track environmental data for each night, including room temperature.
Manage your bed’s temperature
- Warm up each bed side to a different temperature.
- Set temperature levels from your app.
- Use a schedule to warm up your mattress ahead of your bedtime.
- Use a timer to automatically turn off bed warming once you are asleep.
Set your preferences from your phone
- The Eight Smart Mattress works with a mobile app.
- The Eight app is available for iOS and Android.
- Connect to other smart devices straight from your phone.
- Extra features available in app, including sleep meditation, relaxing sounds player and smart alarm.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Bear Mattress||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||72 x 84 x 10 in||84 x 72 x 10 in||72 x 84 x 12 in||76 x 80 x 10 in||60 x 80 x 11 in||60 x 80 x 13 in|
|Item Firmness Description||—||medium||Plush||—||Medium||firm|
|Material Type||Memory Foam||Foam||Foam||Memory Foam||Bamboo-derived Rayon||Foam|
|Size||Cali King||California King||California King||King||11-Inch||Queen|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The packaging is great. It was so easy to bring this up to my 11th floor apartment in a small NYC elevator. (of course, other mattresses like Casper have this, too)
2) The tracking is very nice to have. I love reviewing data on my sleep because it's objective feedback about what I can do to improve. I particularly like that it tracks heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature. This is a very unique feature right now.
3) The mattress is very comfortable. I have slept in more comfortable mattresses, but this is very close to the most comfortable, and the others were more expensive.
1) The alarm function requires the app to be running on your phone
2) The tracking isn't always the most accurate. It's usually pretty good, but sometimes it requires some manual editing (which I like that they include).
3) The sleep score is not a good reflection of sleep quality. If I sleep 9 hours in the best sleep of my life, but toss and turn 18 times because it was a longer duration, the app rates it as medium (75/100) while sleeping 6.5 hours and tossing and turning 15 times can be rated higher. Tosses and turns should not be so heavily weighted in calculating the sleep score. This is another easily fixed software issue that I'm sure will improve over time.
4) Allowing integration into services like Withings and Apple health would be huge for improving my ability to interpret and contextualize the data.
[Please note: I was asked by the company to write this review and was offered a $20 gift certificate in exchange. This is still my honest review of the product]
The mattress :
As a previous owner of a coil and foam hybrid mattress I was initially skeptical whether an all foam mattress could deliver. Initially me and my wife felt that the mattress was a little too soft for us as side sleepers. However after the first week the foam adjusted greatly and it became a very pleasant sleep experience.
Eight Mattress Pad :
Great build quality. Easy to set up. Took just a few minutes. I had a few issues setting it up on Android first but it worked like a charm with my wife's iPhone. No further issues using the Android app otherwise after that.
My wife loves the ability to remotely control and preset the heat settings for those chilly winter nights. I myself like the smart sleep alarm that syncs with my phone and the IFTTT integration that allows me to activate the heat mode with our Alexa and the Google assistant. Hopefully the company will expand on IFTTT triggers and commands in the future.
Sleep tracking was initially off but has been improving over time. It's not quite as accurate as my Fitbit tracker yet when it comes to time slept but I greatly appreciate the additional data on temperature and respiratory rate and the total sleep scoring which makes more sense of the quality of my sleep.
The product is still early in its development and I expect things to still greatly improve over the coming months.
I'd definitely recommend both the mattress and smart mattress pad to anyone who wants a better more comfortable way of sleep tracking, comfortable sleep with the mattress and heat pad function and an alarm that makes sure you get the ideal amount of sleep.
If you already have a great mattress it may be better to just get the mattress pad which is compatible with all major mattress brands.
Disclaimer : I was among the beta testers of the new Eight Sleep Mattress (queen size).
Pros: mattress is comfortable, movement transfer is minimal across the bed, dual zone heater is excellent, Smart Cover is well labeled.
Cons: we feel like the bed traps heat
We are glad we purchased this mattress and do recommend it to others. They heat issue is hard to judge because we have never been able to track the bed temperature before but wish there was an option to add something to cool this like a bed fan. If your in the market this mattress should be on your list for consideration.