V2 EightOnes VR Kit - Easy Assembly Virtual Reality Kit Inspired By Google Cardboard V2 and Oculus Rift - Compatible with iPhone and Android Smartphones up to 6 inches Screen Size (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- JET BLACK MEANS BETTER IMMERSION – We didn’t make the Jet Black version just because it looks sweet (it does). With the Jet Black version, you will get better virtual reality immersion instead distracted with the color of your VR Kit
- V2 TO RULE THEM ALL - The VR Kit V2 is the complete Google Cardboard kit that fits all smartphones with screen sizes up to 6 inches complete with head strap and instructional video (you might need to remove the casing on certain models)
- CLICKING FOR IOS AND ANDROID – Interact with apps like never before no matter which platform you are on, our updated capacitive touch button works for both iPhone and Android models
- SUPER SIMPLE ASSEMBLY – The EightOnes VR Kit V2 is pre-built for easy assembly in THREE simple steps so you spend more time in virtual reality and less time on assembly!
- PURCHASE WITHOUT WORRY - Each VR Kit comes with a 12-month warranty and 90-day 100% money back full refund guarantee. If you find any quirks let our highly-rated, friendly and responsive after-sales support know and we'll refund 100% of your money back, no questions asked. Click the Add To Cart button NOW to ensure you receive the highest quality premium Google Cardboard kit on Amazon.
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The EightOnes VR Kit is the #1 Top-Rated Complete Virtual Reality Kit inspired by Google Cardboard on Amazon.
Don’t let a lousy Cardboard ruin your experience!
Travel between space, time and reality at anywhere and anytime with only THE BEST!
NEW AND IMPROVED GOOGLE CARDBOARD
Our VR Kit V2 is an upgraded design that is pre-built for easy assembly in three simple steps, V2 gets you going in matter of seconds
Our capacitive touch button now works with both iPhones and Android Smartphones, which means you can easily interact/click inside apps
PREMIUM MANUFACTURING & MATERIALS
Unlike cheaper alternatives, the EightOnes VR Kit is manufactured using the highest quality cardboard & lenses and machine cut for precise fit so you will get the most authentic virtual reality experience.
We are so confident with the quality of our VR Kits, we back them with a 12-month warranty and 90-day 100% money back guarantee
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
The highest level of satisfaction on a Google Cardboard product.
If you find any quirks let our highly-rated after-sales support know and we'll refund 100% of your money back, no questions asked.
If that doesn’t sound good to you, feel free to buy from any of the other brands on Amazon who see you as just a number.
Click the Buy Button NOW to Ensure You Get the Best Google Cardboard Kit!
Fully compatible with smartphones (iOS and Android) compatible with VR apps (e.g. official Cardboard app by Google)
*Please note that our V2 model does not come with head-strap or NFC.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did extensive research before this purchase, and ultimately decided to spend $20 on a nicer version of Cardboard, then a plastic VR kit. This is due to various issues I found out about the plastic kits - One, for some reason most of the plastic kits don't have any sort of button built into them. Two, a lot of those did not specify if they were based on Cardboard V1 or V2 (I wanted V2 specifically). Although some plastic kits allowed for lens adjustments, it seemed a majority of them used low quality lenses, negating any usefulness of having the ability to adjust them. Finally, most of them varied in price wildly. I decided it's better to spend $20 on a good Cardboard-based kit, then $20 on some cheap plastic device with low quality lenses and no button.
I was concerned that since this had no way to adjust the lenses, I might have some blurry visuals as my left eye is not that great. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this looks great and I have had no issues with seeing anything clearly (make sure you peel off the protective lining on the lenses).
This kit was extremely easy to assemble - I literally just had to fold some pieces onto some Velcro and I was done. The kit also comes with some basic instructions and a nice little case so you can bring this with you to work/a friends house/etc.
My only issues with this are:
1) No strap is included (the V1 kit had a strap). I ordered one separately but it's going to take a few weeks to get here. To me, true VR shouldn't require you to constantly hold some device. If EightOnes sold the straps individually I would have preferred to order from them, as I would have gotten both the kit and strap at the same time. Now I have the kit but no strap for a few weeks.
2) No camera cut out (v1 had this as well). I know there's not many apps that utilize this right now and I can cut it myself, but to me, this will be used a lot more in the future. There's a couple apps I found that are really cool ideas that use the camera, such as the Beer Goggles one that makes your environment seem like you're drunk. There's another one that can change colors of certain objects and not others in real time. Again, since we're dealing with cardboard here it's not a big deal to have to cut it myself, but for over $20 it seems like it could have been done already.
3) My nose gets uncomfortable after a short while. It'd be nice if there were some extra padding here, although this can be easily fixed by modifying this myself.
All in all, a great first experience with VR for cheap!
VR viewers work by focusing on two simultaneously displayed images on a smartphone. Each eye sees each image separately and the slight spatial displacement causes the brain to see 3D. This is the basic principle behind most 3D media. For the cardboard viewer to generate a clearly focused image, the distance from its lenses to the phone's surface must be precisely matched to the power of the lenses. In my case, the image was slightly out of focus until I added a bit of material on the surface of the viewer that abuts the phone, resulting in a very small increase in the distance from the lenses. I can provide more details on that simple fix via Amazon questions, if anyone is interested. The viewer is very nice and the company's support is better than most sellers of far more expensive merchandise. 5 stars.
I can definitely see VR being huge in the future. With the mass amount of VR headsets coming out soon, we'll see how well the consumer market responds. Well, enough about VR in general, onto the headset.
Setup is easy. You really can't mess this up. If you do, consider me surprised... And a little worried. I've seen some people mention taking off the plastic protectors on the lenses, please do that.
Seems to work with a fair amount of phones. I've tried with an iPhone 6, iPhone 5c, LG G3, and some random Windows phone that my boss has because he's a Microsoft lifer. All worked pretty well with the exception of the iPhone 5c. I think the phone screen is too small to fully utilize this headset. Android adoption is best, iOS is okay, and Windows is pretty abysmal. No surprises there.
Visuals are pretty impressive, for what it is. When you consider that it's only 20 bucks, you can't fault it too much here. There are some really cool apps, I would recommend the Cedar Point VR app. That was the best one I've found so far.
The company is great. I had an issue with mine (lens kept getting dislodged) and they sent me a new one for free. That one year warranty is legit.
Was able to terrify some of the older people at work by showing them some apps. This was pleasing.
I'm not sure what the technical term for this is, but it's easy for the gyroscope to loose it's positioning causing a jump in the visuals at random intervals. Some apps seem to be better at handling this than others, and I noticed this less on the iPhone 6 than the LG G3. Could be a combo wombo of app + hardware.
No head strap. I asked them about this and they said it's because the general phone isn't powerful enough to provide true head tracking. That's cool, but a head strap would be really nice anyway. People are jerking their heads around anyway when they use it.
Dirt on lenses/phones really show up. Maybe I'm slightly OCD but seeing little particles and hairs on the screen bugs me.
Overall worth a try, especially for 20 bucks. Makes a great present to someone who hasn't used one before. I bought 3.
Most recent customer reviews
Cons: you have to be careful with it since it's cardboard.Read more