Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
VINE VOICEon March 22, 2015
Ever since Summer Zahova’s father discovered a master violinist to teach her as an adolescent, she has had an intense relationship with music and her violin. Now in London with a conventional boyfriend, she escapes by playing her violin in the depths of London’s subway system. But it is when some rowdies break her violin that her life takes an unexpected turn.

Dominik, a university professor, has heard her play and when he hears of her loss, he offers to replace her violin – with conditions. Perhaps surprising to her, Summer accedes to Dominik’s desire to sexually dominate her in several staged scenarios. At this point, instead of being a sophisticated exploration of suppressed desire in the artistic personality, the story turns toward a monotonous sequence of graphic BDSM settings. The co-joined authors just couldn’t add depth to their characters. It is doubtful that the sequels will be any better.
on January 7, 2014
Summer , a young women from New Zealand now living in London and earning a living working as a waitress and playing her violin for tips in the London subway . Unknown to her she has obtained a fan , Dominik who was taken with her skill and her looks; Dominick is a tenured professor of literature . Dominick spends the next week trying to find summer again , when his break comes in the form of a article. The paper about a female violinist whose violin was broken when caught between brawling sports fans in the subway. He tracks her down through face book and offers her challenge or which if she accepts he will pay her with. New violin. Dominick proceeds to pull her into a role as a submissive but for Summer she is very easily lead by her body and is lead by others to a dangerous point. Issues in their relationship leave them a continent apart , which at first did not bother me their relationship up to this point came across as very emotionally detached,but by the end of this book you get a glimpse of a true relationship forming, bit of a cliff hanger ending. Will I cone back and read the next book most likely if only to see the the play out of their relationship and if I will be full out Dom /sub or a little more ;and also to see if the man Summer angered and embarrassed along the way will rear his ugly head gain.
on February 16, 2015
First and foremost, for those in the 50 Shades of Grey kick....this is NOT a romance novel. I've read more than my fair share of erotic novels and this book certainly had a few scenes that had me raising my brow. I can't say that I'll continue to read the rest of this series. I found the characters infuriating at times, especially Summer who is too easy-breezy with decisions being made for her in all aspects of her life. There isn't much that makes you feel connected to the characters, at least there wasn't for me. It's an interesting story but didn't have as much "story" as I needed, things seemed to move too fast at a pace that left sighing more than anything else. Still, as always recommended however. Just because it wasn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean someone else won't enjoy it.
on December 21, 2012
This was a strange read for me. It starts out very slowly, with the first quarter of the book composed of lengthy descriptions about main character Summer's relationship with music. As the POV alternates between Summer and Dominik, I found neither one to be especially likeable. I felt distanced from them, rather than invested in their challenges or able to identify with their struggles in any way. It seemed like I was supposed to believe that the characters had this intense, intimate bond, but instead it felt a bit forced. I read a variety of erotic fiction, and while this certainly was erotic in nature, the relationship that was being established between Summer and Dominik mostly felt awkward for me. Some of the sexy scenes were certainly hot, but for me that didn't make up for the lack of depth in the characters.

That said, I was curious enough to finish the book, though it was by no means a quick read for me. The story drags, even as Summer's sexual experiences get more involved and, in some cases, much darker. I likely won't pick up the next ones in the series.

And while the book is often recommended as something you should read after the Fifty Shades trilogy, I really wouldn't make that leap myself. It's like comparing apples and oranges, and I don't think that most Fifty Shades lovers will necessarily enjoy Eighty Days Yellow.
on December 5, 2012
This is one intense book.
Odd to say the least. I was in love with Summer in her complete udder passion for music so much it was erotic. Dominik seemed to hold the key to some much for Summer but was unable to express himself to her. I was hurt for Summer even know she didn't know of Dominik's on night with another women. Then when things came to a head with them neither could speak up so they parted ways. Then don't get me started on Summer's friend Charlotte who seemed to just set Summer up throughout the book. There is a bit of disregard to feeling throughout the book as well as everyone else seemed to know what was going on besides Summer. Summer's time with Victor was almost unbearable for me knowing that Summer was not meant to be in that situation and I only hoped that she saw the light of day before it was too late.
The end of the book was as heart warming as it could get. There is still a lack of emotion I feel but I still want to find out more about Summer and Dominik in Eighty Days Blue.
There is mild BDSM as Summer is just finding her true self.
Lots of hot raunchy sex.

Quote:

"Knowing the point of no return had been reached, breached, and the f*** was now inevitable."
on December 3, 2012
As i was reading this book, every few pages or so I would put it down and decide I could no longer continue, however I always found myself going back to it. I'm still not sure if I keep reading because of the characters or because I was intrigued by their circumstances. Either way I finished the book and I'm still not sure.
As stories go, it has a beginning, middle and an end. It's not a bad story, but you will have to check your inhibitions at the door and if 50 Shades of Grey made you blush, you might want to think twice about picking up this book. I might continue on to the next book, not sure I can claim it's curiosity anymore. I'm drawn to the story, however I am in no way am comfortable with it. Strange I know....Don't judge me! =)
on September 20, 2015
A very sexy story to get your imagination going and blood pumping! I thought this was better than 50 shades of grey, an interesting inside view into the fetishes and fantasies of other people's lives. Worth a read if you are not prudish and feel like a "hot" story! Gets quite dark and heavy towards the end, not something I anticipated but after all why do we read if not to be entertained by new and unusual things sometimes..
on December 12, 2012
I have to say this is one book that I really wanted to like. I like a little spice in my stories and from the reviews I thought that was what I was going to get. Don't get me wrong, there is spice in the book, but that is about it. I had a very hard time finishing this book. I hate not finishing a book and always hope that it is going to get better, and it never did. There was no attachement to the characters, the development of them was very weak. There was nothing there that made me want to love or hate the main characters in the book. I bought these as a special for $1.99 a piece and will not be reading the other 2 books in the series. I guess I was hoping for something like Fifty Shades or Bared to you and never found it.
on October 29, 2012
This story has no real plot!, the only thing that appears to be important is the sex but splitted from love. The girl is trying to understand or discover her real sexual desires but in the way she gets lost and though she is a grown up, not a teenager, I cannot believe it takes too much time for her to understand what the hell is she doing with her life!, she seems to have a very twisted head. She nearly offers herself as a sexual slave just to experience how that feels???? I think I don't understand what's the point the author is trying to reach. Definitely I won't waste my time with the others books of the series
on March 20, 2013
I picked this series up after I finished 50 Shades. This is much more graphic and raw and lacks the sweetness that resonated through 50 Shades. I bought all three on sale so I hope it grows on me and becomes more uplifting.