Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
asked by Nadine M. Goudy on June 18, 2009
Sort: Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
Hi Ms. In product liability, in law school, we learned & Verified. . Every Child Product, with Any warning, Yes (Perfectly Safe 1s) commonly have warnings DUE to Mainly, the company's attorneys, who send them to justify their work hours. * ANY hint of a TRUE potential problem, they Order RecaLL or Issue a Public Update to their clients and Press. . (toy companies, etc. to cover themselves.) I'm a parent & grandparent. I've bought 3 of these, they are completely safe. I have Never had Any connection, Except as a customer, with *Baby Einstein. .
Rosco Raider answered on January 1, 2016
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Prop 65 warnings are everywhere. It's completely meaningless these days because it's easier to simply say that your product may contain lead (which it probably doesn't) than it is to prove to the state of California that it's safe. That said, the product certainly does contain lead--in the solder, which is on the circuit board, safely inside the case, where no one will ever get to it.
radium226 answered on December 31, 2015
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I read the exchanges on the toxin issue. Has this been resolved since this discussion arose 6 years ago?
KBowman answered on September 21, 2015
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'd call the company if you want more information personally. Who knows, unless you call them.

http://www.babyeinstein.com/en/our_story/about_us/contact_us.aspx
Greek Chic answered on December 10, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Cheri Saley answered on December 12, 2011
Comment | 11 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Karen R. Velasquez answered on October 18, 2011
Comment | 27 of 29 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
if they removed the warning, I'd say this means the toy didn't have a problem, that the warning was a mistake. I think you're looking for a sinister plot that doesn't exist.

If you are concerned about chemicals inside the toy, in the circuitry, be sure to remove all TVs, computers, microwave ovens, and electric can openers from the home as well, as these contain more of the same chemical due to larger surface area of internal electronics.
B. Creasy answered on September 6, 2011
Comment (1) | 16 of 27 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Bromine is showing up in children's products because they are being treated with PBDEs. This toy's circuitry - like that of a computer or television (some of the worst household sources of PBDE-laced dust) -- has almost certainly been treated with PBDEs.

Almost any plush toy will test positive for bromine for the same reasons. Of course, plush toys can be even nastier. Many even contain bizarre and banned chemicals -- like DDT. But that's another topic, I suppose.
goonius answered on March 28, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Personally, I would not buy anything that could, in any way, cause harm. There are enough safe toys out there. It makes no sense to take chances on a child's health. If the company is so rude as to not answer a direct question, then they certainly don't need my business. Look for something else and let them keep their toxic toy. I was about to buy this for my granddaughter when I began reading the reviews. Her health is too important to buy this.
Emione answered on March 28, 2011
Comment | 15 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My grandson loves this musical toy. He tried it in his mouth a couple of times and decided it was not good to eat, so just uses it as a musical toy now. He appears to be quite smart and healthy and has no neural damage after a year of playing with it, so I am not worried about it. It's a delightful toy and not as loud and annoying as the cube one, although he likes that one, too. The only drawback to this toy is that it takes a fair bit of strength to push down on the play pad and get the music out. Now that he's 14 months old, he can do it, but he couldn't before.
Mamazabakaka answered on December 13, 2010
Comment | 9 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product