|Package Dimensions||2 x 2 x 0.5 inches; 1 Ounces|
|Item Weight||1 ounces|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Date First Available||October 25, 2016|
1976 S Eisenhower Proof Type-1 Dollar Choice Uncirculated $1 PR-68 US Mint
Enhance your purchase
|Graded By||US Mint|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Eisenhowers were the first dollar coins issued by the Mint since the Peace dollar series ended in 1935.
- Obverse: Profile of President Eisenhower with "Liberty" above his head and "In God We Trust" and the bicentennial date 1776-1976 below.
- The Apollo 11 mission insignia served as the basis of the Eisenhower dollar's reverse!
- The destinction between Type 1 and Type 2 Dollars can be found on the reverse. Type 1 dollars have more prominent or thicker lettering.
Customers also search
- Package Dimensions : 2 x 2 x 0.5 inches; 1 Ounces
- Date First Available : October 25, 2016
- ASIN : B071JTFRPM
- Country of Origin : USA
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,776 in Collectible Coins (See Top 100 in Collectible Coins)
- #2,280 in Individual Collectible Coins
- Customer Reviews:
Outstanding coin, deep strike with a mirror-like finish. Issued in conjunction with the Bicentennial coinage from 1976. Dollar carries 2 dates, 1776-1976. Only coin produced by mint which carried the next year's date. These coins were produced in 1975 but carry the 1976 date. The Bicentennial Commission at that time determined that the run-up to the Bicentennial would be so great that the US Mint would not have ample time to produce coins for the Bicentennial so the Eisenhower Dollar, the Kennedy Half and the Washington quarter minted in 1975 all were to carry the dual date 1776-1976 date. The Type 1 Ike dollars here have been hand picked for quality and eye appeal.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.