Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on June 24, 2015
I splurged and bought the stainless steel Ekobrew. So far it has worked out great. It doesn't seem to leak coffee / grinds, like some of the other refillable k-cups I have tried. It also is super sturdy and feels like it will last forever. If you use espresso grind it may clog up a little bit, but still makes it through.

I would for sure buy another. The only complaint I have is the lid doesn't "lock", but it isn't really that big of a deal. I did laugh at the warning about "caution this gets hot". Really? A metal container that has had boiling water poured through it is hot? You don't say? I am sure they needed it because someone burnt themselves, funny though.
6 people found this helpful
on October 23, 2015
This refillable brew cup worked well and was a good solution to the k cup plastic waste problem. It holds more coffee than the other cups and is easy to clean and fill. I used it for two months until the day I found a broken red o ring on my counter top and finally figured out it came from the Ekobrew lid. I have called Ekobrew and emailed them my receipt but have yet to receive any response from them. The warranty form on their website does not display on any of my browsers. Customer service does not offer a parts option. I wish I could use this product but unless I find a source for the o ring I'm out of luck.

Edit 11/10
I finally spoke to someone at Ekobrew about my issue with the o ring that is used to seal the top and they seemed like nice people who were interested in the problem. Maybe a little overwhelmed with the number of orders they're getting. He offered to send me replacement o rings (3) at no cost and they arrived a week later. Now I'm back in business and I'm going to put my review back to five stars because this brew cup works the best of the several I've tried.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 17, 2016
As a huge coffee fanatic, my boyfriend and I really enjoy all types of coffee, and the convenience that the Keurig machines break. However, after our third trip to Costco hauling 240 disposable K-Cups home, we realized we needed an alternative and fast. In comes the ekobrew stainless steel refillable coffee filter for the Keurig machine. After looking through countless alternatives like the plastic ones offered, we decided we wanted a stainless steel one, as stainless steel seems to be more health friendly without leaching strange plastic residue into our coffee. When we got it we decided to fill it straight up with some of our ground coffee. Now here is why we gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. The coffee does come out rather slowly, and it seems to take about twice as long as it does with a traditional K-Cup disposable. Also, It seems that when we remove the cake up, there was still hot water inside the K-Cup comma so make sure to take caution when removing it ( it is also extremely hot, so if you want a second cup be sure to give it a bit to cool down). However, it does taste really good. After a few different brands of coffee, we decided to go with Lavazza pre-ground coffee and that seemed to produce pretty consistent results and a strong cup of coffee. If you were going to buy this, just keep in mind that it is a rather slow pull. I would definitely recommend this as it saves a ton of money.
As a longtime Amazon customer, I rely on reviews from the Amazon community when making buying decisions. That being said, I only believe in giving honest and unbiased reviews; whether or not a company gives me a product to try does not influence my opinion of the product. If this review was helpful to you in any way please click below.
Thanks for reading!
One person found this helpful
on January 7, 2016
Recieved one of these via Amazon as a Christmas gift this year. Was excited to try this, as I have a similar plastic model that works great but was looking to have less plastic directly involved in my daily beverage prep.

Unfortunately, it fails on almost all counts.

First off, this doesn't really work if you're trying to get away from having plastic in direct contact with your beverage, because even though the body portion is stainless steel, the top portion that the hot water comes through is still plastic.

Secondly, and most disappointingly, it has a strong tendency to overflow/leak out the top of the pod during brewing, spilling coffee and hot water out everywhere. We're using a variety of different regular (medium) ground coffees and not tamping it down at all, and it still happens more than 50% of the time. This is clearly a design flaw in the pod... there just aren't enough spaces to allow the coffee out, and the lid doesn't appear to close securely.

For the record, we have an older, original model Keurig, so maybe this works great with newer models or something, but it's been a huge disappointment for us. Not worth going through the hassle of returning, we'll just keep looking for a non-plastic pod that actually works.
|22 comments|Report abuse
Love the Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite Cup, Refillable K-Cup for my new Keurig Special Edition Brewer! This is an excellent addition and seller is really impressive. Nicely done! They kept us up to speed on the progress, shipping and this little gadget is a must have. I tried the cheaper version plastic one two years ago and we recycled it. The cheap becomes expensive.

This little highly rated gadget is going to save you a ton of money not buying K-Cups that really cost a fortune when you are making coffee for 4 or more people every day and the K-Cups end up in the ocean floating garbage dump as they do not recycle. Do the earth a favor, save your carbon footprint, and try this wonderful stainless steel Elite Cup. This is NOT hard to clean, amazon family. You toss your used coffee and rinse it out. Best part about this? There is no cheap and possibly hazardous to your health plastic in it.

People have their preferences so I love this. For the $15 investment, each person can buy their own fav coffee, ground or whole bean, grind it then put it in this cup, to taste, brew their own and be on their way. No one liked it when I bought a series of $300 and up coffee makers as I would brew 12 cups in my carafe and people would complain it was too strong, not strong enough, hated the Starbucks blend, wanted another flavor, etc. I finally gave up because there IS no pleasing a bunch of former-Seatle people/ coffee snobs. This does the trick and solved the problem.

I hope you enjoy your Keurig K Cup machines and do try this $15 or so accessory. You will be so glad you did. This seller is THE best. This makes your coffee taste custom/ professionally brewed. LOVE IT! 5 Stars to the Seller! Cheers!
on February 10, 2016
This stainless steel refillable Keurig pod arrived at my door today.

After opening the package, my first glance found a fatal flaw that should easily have been noticed long before these pods ever went to production. The plastic knobs on the sides are held in place with short studs, which extend into the cup, where they're spread (melted, presumably) so that they can't be pulled back out of the cup. The position of these rough studs is precisely where the o-ring seal on the lid sits.

I know this because in first attempting to close the lid, I hit resistance, opened the lid back up, prodded at the studs on one side with a fingernail, and had the entire plastic piece fall out. Now that the unit simply had two holes on the side, I could see, with the lid closed, that the entirety of the o-ring's vertical width is visible through the holes.

If the design were such that the lid fit tightly and created a seal, those studs would ensure that no seal would actually be created. In this situation, however, it hardly matters, because even with those studs removed, and the holes filled in, the o-ring doesn't touch the cup all the way around. Try putting some water in it, covering the fill-hole, and turning it upside-down. It will drain quickly at the lid. Really, you don't even need to go to that much trouble: just grab the cup with one hand, and the (closed) lid with the other, now try wiggling the lid front to back. Side to side it seems to match up fairly well, but front to back there is significant play.

Ekobrew had a chance here to get the design right. Minimal competence was required to see the problem with the plastic knobs interfering with the o-ring, and to see that the o-ring's outside diameter does not actually match the inside-diameter of the cup. With a slightly thicker o-ring, and lower mounting-holes for the side knobs, this product would be much better.

In a perfect world, the drain holes on the bottom of the cup would also match those on the sides, rather than being 4x as large, to avoid the need for an excessively coarse grind. The Keurig does not brew a decent cup of coffee with a coarse grind.

In short, unless you don't mind having to modify this thing, don't bother buying it.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 10, 2013
Every day for more than a year I used the Ekobrew plastic refillable k-cup (the brown version) and was very pleased with the results. It allowed me to use any coffee I wanted and I saved quite a bit of money by not having to buy pre-filled k-cups. However, I occasionally got grinds in my brewed coffee like other reviewers have found and began wondering if the Ekobrew cup wasn't sealing as well any more. When I saw an Elite Stainless Steel version of the Ekobrew available I decided to give it a shot since many reviewers said it did a better job sealing the grinds in than the plastic version. From the moment I took the Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite Cup out of the package I could tell it was a quality product! The stainless steel version of the cup has a much better o-ring seal than the plastic version which helps ensure coffee grinds don't sneak out of the k-cup and into your brewed coffee. Also, instead of the mesh found on the sides of the plastic version, the stainless steel cup has perforations on the sides. These perforations are much smaller than the holes found on the mesh of the plastic version and do a much better job of preventing grinds from escaping. In addition, the stainless steel cup has a much stronger hinge than the plastic version, which should help ensure this refillable cup lasts for a very long time.

I've been using the Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite Cup every day for three months now and it consistently brews a great cup of coffee and I never see any grinds in my mug. Like the plastic version of the Ekobrew, the stainless steel version cleans very easily by rinsing it under the sink. The stainless steel version of the cup seems to require a bit more water pressure than the plastic version to fully clean out, but nothing beyond the normal water pressure of most sinks.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite Cup. It's a bit pricier than the plastic version, but in my opinion well worth the higher price tag to keep those pesky grinds out of my morning coffee.
41 people found this helpful
on March 6, 2013
I bought the stainless steel elite k-cup and experience an issue that is fairly well documented in the reviews here. I am using a B70 Keurig brewer.
Fill the cup, place in the brewer, brew, open the top... uh oh... there's a puddle of coffee water now running off the top of the cup and around the machine (small puddle but an inconvenience).
The B70 machine just doesn't seem to close all the way with this cup in there. BUT keep in mind there is a work around.
There is a small rubber grommet on the upper needle of the keurig machine (the needle that punctures the top of the regular k-cups. Gently slide this grommet down on the needle until it's about even with where it starts the angle towards the tip. Insert ekobrew cup and brew. Surprise! No mess!
This can supposedly be permanently solved by placing an appropriately sized rubber grommet above the standard grommet. I saw this in another review (the same one that mentioned sliding the grommet down) but I haven't bought the part yet. That reviewer specifically mentions a part number to be bought at a local hardware store.

I contacted Ekobrew regarding this leak issue and they stated they had a revised model and would send it to me for FREE! All I had to do was email a copy of my invoice from Amazon. Within a week I had another stainless ekobrew cup. Visually it looked exactly like what I had. I tested it out without doing any of the workarounds. Small puddle. Hmmm...

Here's an interesting part about the puddle problem. It doesn't always happen. Also if you just get some paper towels in hand and gently open the brewer you can save yourself from a mess and not have to be super careful taking out the hot cup. Cleanup is a breeze.
Don't use super find grid coffee and don't fill it to the brim. Doing either of these will likely result in a puddle problem.
6 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2014
I have noticed many reviews about cost and this product certainly decreases the cost of brewing dramatically but I don't see much mention about plastic safety. I purchased this mainly because I think that pressurizing extremely hot water through anything plastic weather it's BPA free or not is harmful. My guess is that the K-Cups themselves are made of some sort of poly-styrene or something like that so even though you're not getting BPA in your daily cup or cups you my be getting styrene or polypropylene or any other numerous chemicals that leach in high temperatures. I do realize that I may be overly concerned or most people aren't concerned by this but if you are and you are looking for a brew basket with as little plastic as possible this is the winner. Even the other reusable units have a lot of plastic components or plastic housings. This one has a bit of hard plastic up in the top but the basket itself where the water is at its most pressure and heat is completely stainless and this makes me feel more comfortable than the others. I do own the "My K-Cup" as well and while it brews nicely and is a good alternative to the single K-Cups I feel this one is the best. So if you are concerned about the impact of the non recyclable K-cups and the plastic chemicals that you might be drinking daily alongside the incredibly high cost than this is your brew basket. Keep in mind I post this with no confirmation of K-cups being harmful it is just my thoughts about them...well that and the fact that my coffee had a distinct plastic aftertaste when I used them. My new Keurig was a gift and it is very inviting. It's super cute, fun and convenient so I really wanted to use it but feel safe at the same time. I used to boil my water in a glass kettle and use a glass French press with all stainless mesh so switching to the plastic machine itself was something I had to talk myself into. And to be honest I really love my Keurig so this basket is wonderful and like I said in my headline I wouldn't use my Keurig without this.
3 people found this helpful
on September 2, 2015
Finally a refillable k-cup that TASTE GOOD! Thanks! Tossing out my cheap plastic refillable units. I have a Keurig Mini B31 and this Ekobrew Stainless Steel Elite makes the perfect cup FINALLY! I had tried everything before getting this stainless k-cup and only got one noxious cup after another. This comes with tiny orange stickers to place on top if you have a Keurig 2.0 (to position it properly) but I have the original series Keurig, so no need. The directions say to fill 2/3 to 3/4 full. I am filling 3/4 and using ONLY 8 oz water with a "regular grind" Original Duncan Donuts (like a mild Breakfast Blend) bag of cheap coffee, it's making a terrific cup. I think you might get too much sediment using a fine grind (I read, and believe, that). Other reviewer also suggested using a stronger coffee selection with this Ekobrew Elite, and I think I will try that. Through the years, I loathed over paying for disposable k-cups, not to mention the plastic footprint I was generating in the landfills. Like I said, I had tried so many brands of refillable k-cups, save yourself the trouble friend. And unlike other reviews suggesting you get two of these Stainless Elite, I totally disagree! Takes a split second to dump, rinse grinds, and refill for another perfect cup.
One person found this helpful