Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Greatest Hits) - Playstat...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 47% off the $14.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- Features -
- Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the game play and technology of a virtual world to new heights
- Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling
- Skyrim's new game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields.
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities; the new character system allows you to play any way you want
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
So, I recently began playing this game again because, for all its problems, I still love it. My ps3 downloaded the latest 1.4 patch which seems to have fixed the game. After eighty hours of play with no lag it seems like the latest patch has made the game playable even after the save file is 8mb. Only twice did the game freeze on me and a glitch seems to be preventing me from finishing the Forbidden Legend mission which is really annoying. Other than that, the game plays beautifully, even after hours of continuous play. I decided to upgrade my rating back to the original five because, for all the problems the ps3 version had, this game deserves it.
*Original review with updates*
Before I begin, I should point that I'm still a recent convert to Elder Scrolls fandom, having never played Morrowind, let alone the two before that. In fact, I only played Oblivion for the first time this year. Oblivion was the first open-world RPG I'd ever played and was also the only one that took me months and months to get tired of, having little patience for RPGs longer than 60+ hours. Once I was hooked, I wanted Skyrim as badly as anyone else because I knew that even if it was only better than Oblivion by a factor of 1.1 it'd still be a godly masterpiece.
With that said, this will mostly compare the two, Oblivion and Skyrim.
For starters, the character creation is more stream-lined and simpler than Oblivion's while still giving nearly infinite choices. I admit the character creation in Oblivion was a bit of a joke since none of the races looked very appealing in the first place and looked more like rejects from a low budget CGI movie.Read more ›
- First 40 hours are an incredible, immersive experience. The most complex and comprehensive RPG I've ever played. I wish it could have gone on forever, but...
- At a certain point (varies based on save game file size), the game starts to go horribly, horribly wrong.
- Frame rates drop drastically, making the game unplayable. A system reboot is required every 1-2 hours for this one issue.
- Game locks up the PS3 on loading screens, forcing a hard (and potentially damaging) reset to your console
- Quests do not complete / quest items do not go into the inventory / rewards are not properly assigned
- Enemies exhibit bizarre and unintended behavior that can create problems with quest completion (e.g. Dragon Souls not being absorbed properly)
- Game locks up the PS3 during random conversations with NPCs
- Game locks up the PS3 upon entering or during combat, especially missions with lots of followers
The worst part about all of this has been the response from Bethesda. After being "made aware of the frame rate problem" (assuming you believe they didn't know about this before), Bethesda issued a patch that solved the problem...for 3 days. All this patch does does is delay the onset of the exact same problem as before. What's worse is that it also introduces a huge set of new problems that weren't there before.
In my opinion, this colossal failure by Bethesda goes beyond incompetence. This was malicious, deceptive, misrepresentation of a product. Prior to the game's release, they withheld PS3 copies of the game from independent game review sites.Read more ›
Bad news: This is why you may want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (protecting consumers):
A) the game came with game-breaking bugs that prevent users from finishing it
B) it was not stated on the retail-box that an internet connection is required to get the game to work properly in the first place (we're not talking patches/updates but major, crucial modifications necessary for an even adequately acceptable gameplay experience)
C) retailers won't give consumers a full refund if they choose to return this defective product (defective due to the publishers negligence)
D) Bethesda's latest patch (1.2) has done little to improve the issue and has, in fact, in most cases caused even more grief. Scaling down graphics detail (particuarly landscape-fade-in and dynamic lighting effects) to cover up memory leaks is poor programming and a slap in the face for every gamer who marveled at the (former!) graphical beauty of the game before installing the latest patch. Read the threads all over the WWW and Bethesda's own forum and you'll know just how poorly the game performs and negatively affects your PS3 hardware - if you're really unlucky.
E) Bethesda does not show enough of an effort to admit, address, pinpoint and fix the problems. The omission of minutely detailed changelogs of the recent patches and the silence on part of Moderators, the official web-page and Bethesda representatives regarding the issue have an unacceptable impact on the trust-relationship between the company, consumers and even its most loyal fans. Furthermore, the lack of transparency regarding the mountaineous issues at hand is professional negligence at best, willful ignoring of consumer-rights at worst.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game, just remember if you dont update to the latest update, you will begin to have a lower framerate. This can be fixed by deleting save games. Read morePublished 5 days ago by WertOxHide
My all time favorite game is Saints Row and I also love GTA. I've been hunting for another good sandbox game. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Michelle Macke
One of my all time favorite games - i'm coming back a few years later after purchasing this and can still say its one of my favorites. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Loan
I just briugh it and it doesn't work, its stop in 51% installing, i tried in my cousin ps3 and it doen't work, stop selling bad games :S ni my country i cant return it :lPublished 19 days ago by Mariana