Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Video Game|Change
Price:$8.96+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 1,542 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,194 reviews
on June 26, 2015
I'm still getting used to a lot of the new stuff, but overall I really like the game. I played Oblivion for a while, so a lot of what I have here is a comparison review. Here are just a few things:

Pros:
-They fixed encumbrance. In Oblivion, you just couldn't move if you went over your weight limit. In Skyrim, you can move, but only at walk speed, you can't run.
-Your inventory is much more streamlined.
-The graphics are leaps and bounds better.
-The navigation arrow is better and worse I guess. As for the pros, instead of hunting around for a tiny item or a specific character, you get a white arrow over their head which is SUPER easy to find.
-Marriage options.
-Werewolves.
-Magic in the left hand, weapon in the right hand. This is awesome. Makes spell casting sooo much easier.
-Lock picking is new and more challenging, which I approve of.
-Wagons that transport you to the major cities for a small fee.
-You no longer need to rest to level up.
-Ability trees.
-Now when you hover over dead npcs, barrels, cupboards, anything...it will list it as "empty" if nothing is there. Very helpful.
-Enemies are now listed as red dots next to the navigation arrow.

Cons:
-The load screens are soooo much longer, and my game froze a lot during the load screens, it was actually really aggravating.
-I don't like how the new interface is set up. It took some getting used to.
-There are a lot of NPC's who just won't talk to you...
-The new map is awful. I really liked the map style in Oblivion, this one sucked. They added snow and fog to it, and I can never find anything, it's just not clear enough.
-You can press X on the map screen to switch between the town and the larger world map...but half of the things in the town AREN'T on the map. WTF??
-Why does the game never alert me when I get a disease? I have to wait until townspeople say something, or check the magic affects section. Very annoying.
-I like that it's easier to recharge a weapon. Just press RB to recharge it with a filled soul gem. Done.
-Not a fan of the new health bars.
-Why does combat music start in the MIDDLE of combat, and continue a while after the npcs are dead?? Explain?? In Oblivion combat music started just before you got attacked (unless they surprised you) and when everything was dead, it promptly stopped. Very annoying.
-Navigation arrow isn't that helpful unless it's hovering above something, other than that, not super helpful.

It's 2am and that's all I could think of, though I feel like I've missed a lot so I'll try to update this later.
on September 29, 2012
I bought this game back in march and quit playing because of two glitches after only about an hour and a half in.The glitches I ran into were this after playing about an hour my xbox freezes and I lose most of what I had already done. The second time I was into the game about an hour and a half and for some reason I got stuck in place and couldnt move around. I could look around , swing my sword , cast spells but just couldnt get out of that spot. I then just turned the game off put it back in its box and put it in the drawer with the rest of my games.

Well about a month later and my friends telling me the game had been patched I gave it another go. I sure am glad I did. I would have been missing out on what has turned out to be one of my favorite games. As far as I can tell all of the glitches have been patched because the only thing that happened while I was playing was a little lagg for just a short minute.

Once I started playing again and really got into the game I just couldnt stop playing. It is just that good. I absolutely had Skyrim on my brain no matter where I was. just like right now I am at work typing this review. From the two main quest lines to the side quests with the guilds this game is just plain fun. I never got board with this game. If I wasnt on some quest I was collecting materials to build new armor and weapons. My favorite armor build was the Ebony armor with the Nightingale hood and those upgraded to legendary. I posted some pics of my armor on amazon so check those out. I think in my humble opinion that that is the best looking mix of armor you can get. That Nightingale hood just sets it off.

This is a late review as I have completed the game and the dlc expansion Dawnguard. I have maxed out my character to level 81 and am waiting for the release of the next dlc. Since I have completed most things in the game I decided to go back in time and bought Oblivion and have been playing that. I must say Oblivion is no slouch because that game even dated as it is is amazing as well. I could keep rambling on an on about Skyrim or even Oblivion but I will put this to an end.

If you were on the fence about this game just go ahead and take the plunge because you simply wont regret it. All of the patches have fixed this game completely , you shouldnt run into any glitches. The dlc Dawnguard and Hearth fire are simply amazing. I just cant say enough good things about this and dont have the time right now so just go ahead and get this amazing game.
review image review image review image review image
on November 24, 2015
I can't say enough about Elder Scrolls open world RPG's as a gamer. This is an amazing game. I love open world RPG's and the Elder Scrolls series are one of the few major open-world western titles available in the USA. The developer is amazing. Open world role-playing games are never bug free, so if you can get past nitpicking that (I mean HUNDREDS of people work on these titles and the game space is vast!) then you will enjoy the game. Sometimes large games like this can get a really bad blocking, or game-breaking bug, that prevent a quest from progressing, etc., but with modern games usually the developers will fix those with a patch. I never even had this issue with the game, but I absolutely love it. It took me awhile to get used to the new UI (updated from the last installment of the series, "Oblivion") but now I actually really like it after years (literally) of playing this. I play role-playing games very slow because I craft a lot and sneak a lot, and try to uncover every nook and cranny, so I thoroughly enjoy large open world games, because I more than get my $60 worth on any title like this playing it for years!
on May 10, 2012
Don't think anyone is going to read this, but if you are then this is meant to be a brief review. I'm just rating for the sake of just that. After doing much research here on Amazon, then playing Skyrim for myself I have to say that All the 5 Star Reviews Are Right when saying this game has lived up to the hype and is the greatest RPG on xBox360. Skyrim stretched the consoles capabilities to the limits with it's vast open world, stupendous graphics, and arsenal of unending quest/things to do. This game is worth the $ for sure and a *five***Stars* in my book.

There's a lot of complaints I noticed on Amazon about the gamebreaks, freezing, bugs, etc..... I only ran into one Freeze and I'm 70 hours in and completed the main story. This is my advice since this is something I practiced in Morrowind that may help prevent these little hickups. Biggest thing is don't litter too much when playing Skyrim. When you don't need an item sell it to a merchant, try not to throw it on the ground because the game then has to remember that the item was left there. This causes the game to work slightly harder and can cause more loading+potential freezing/glitches. Just something that has worked for me idk it may work for anyone else. Also I only use 4 save files when playing Skyrim. 1 is master save file where I physically have to click save (it's been rewritten 450 times, yeah I save a lot.) The other 3 are auto saves that the game does consistently. Again this is another technique I practice when playing a vast game as this because it makes less that has to be remembered.

Here's a funny incident when I did litter in a town. One of the guards saw me do it then approached me saying "Hey you can't leave that there go pick it up". Might be Bethesda hinting on the topic : D

Any who it's a great game and you can get it for cheap in the used section. Now to end this review with my own personal dragon shout to you concerning buying the game "GO FO IT!"
on March 27, 2013
This sequel rocks, it's far more involved than previous versions with a lot more to do and see. Plus you now have access to various companions to help you in combat. Everything about this game is fun. I'm an older gamer in my 40's and it's totally enjoyable, you can choose to think or just play your own way. You can battle everything in sight or figure out ways around things. The dungeons are far more elaborate with tricks and traps that keep you on your tows, reminisent of the old prince of persia games for me. Plus the scenery is spectacular, the world they created is beautiful. Most of the game is pretty easy to follow but sometimes you can get stuck so I bought the guide as well to help me when I'm clueless which can happen.
Characters can be built any way you like and you get to face off against dragons now. If you like the previous versions of Elder Scrolls you'll love this newest edtion. Plenty to do for months of play. I've had several all nighters already and haven't found even 10% of the world. It really has something for just about everyone.
on August 5, 2015
This and Destiny are my favorite Xbox 360 games ever! Skyrim is the ultimte RPG/Fantasy and is filled with multiple quests and storylines roughout the entire game and not just the main camapign questline. Skyrim can be extremely addicting at times. For example when I had spent about three hours on a quest, two new ones popped right up for me to do. All in all I give this game a 5/5 star review. The graphics in this game are top notch for 2012 standards. Skyrim may have a bit of outdated graphics but it makes up for it in the amazing gameplay and overall feel of the game. Even if you're not into RPG or Fantasy type games, you will definitly enjoy Skyrim. All in all this game easily deserves well more than 5 stars, but the maximum rating that I can give it is only 5 stars :)
In conclusion, this is a great RPG/Fantasy game and just a great game in general and I think that it is easily (along with Destiny) the best Xbox 360 game ever!
on October 23, 2015
Awesome game! Wide open spaces, you can go literally anywhere you want at anytime. Sunrise comes you can make your way over to River wood for a little exploring around the town, maybe stop for a drink. Then when all goes quiet and the moon shines his face across the land you can rent a room out for the night, or go hunting for dragons. I prefer getting them at dark, don't know why. More fun I guess :) Then if you like vacations pay a carriage and hitch a ride to Riften, a sort of.. rat hole town. Still, it has it's qualities. Moist air, great folk, well, most of them are ;p And, if you're ready, find yourself a wife/husband and get married at the Temple of Mara. Choose wisely though, divorces in this game consist of killing who you married. Shouldn't be a problem if he or she is annoying XD. Anyway, in the beginning you choose almost every detail of what character you wish to be, color, race, gender ect. But overall I just really love the freedom in this game, choosing how I want to be, how I want to live. It affects the story therefore, it becomes my personal playground. You'll love this game, I'm sure of it. And if this review don't help I don't know what will. :)
on November 15, 2011
This game is amazing!! The wait was well worth what we got here. I just hate having to share it with my husband, looks like he's getting the PC version for Christmas, or his own xbox! Graphics are amazing, the characters are great...I love that some of them sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger, lol. I don't have time to write a detailed review right now, but I wanted to give it my five stars because it really deserves it. I only wish I had no life so I could stay home and play this all day!
on January 31, 2014
Unlike the typical campaign style of the majority of single player games, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim allow the gamer (you) to forge their destiny out of friendships, betrayals and blood. Gamers can play as a wide range of creatures which inhabit the province of Skyrim, from the hearty native fair-skinned Nords to the Redguards and Kajits who journeyed to Skyrim seeking to profit from the war. The gamer can then traverse, on foot or horseback, the rich sandbox world of Skyrim fighting as either lightly armored but powerful mages, slow and steady warriors, the elusive and deadly thief or any combination of the three. The virtual world of Skyrim behaves much like real nature. You can never be prepared for what may lie around the corner, and never, will anything happen the same way twice.
The graphics of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim although not perfect are adequate. The expansive open map is dotted with hidden treasures and bandit lairs. A gamer can choose to complete the mainline quest rather quickly or, take the more immersive route, and wander the wilds at will completing various quest for a vast array of NCP's.
Overall, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a fantastic game. The landscapes are breathtaking and there is never a mountain out of reach. If you can see it, you can walk to it. If you are a gamer who enjoys playing on those quiet nights into the wee hours, then I definitely recommend this game. Just be prepared to say goodbye to your social life as you knew it and get lost in the vast uncharted wilds of Skyrim.
on December 12, 2011
I have played video games since the 80's and tend to lean towards RPG and strategy games. I was a huge Oblivian fan so I couldn't wait to try this one out. It was everything an RPG should be and more. I have to admit, the first hour or so I was still wondering whether it was as good as the reviews, although the graphics were awesome. But once I got past the first few hours the addiction took hold. The game continues to amaze me after at least 50 hours of play. Discovering new towns, caves, and other locations on a continuous basis you start to get a feel for how huge this game actually is. Sometimes you just have to stop, look around, and wonder how did they create something this expansive and immersive. This is by far the best RPG I have ever played. I look forward to many more enjoyable hours playing this game. I am not one to take advantage of the cheats or tricks to level up quickly. I enjoy a leisurely pace and take my time exploring all new locations as I stumble upon them. Enjoy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.